Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast

Thread: The Decline Of The United States of America

Default Re: The Decline Of The United States of America

Quote Originally Posted by enoch View Post
    Very very very very very very exciting to see the more ridiculous of the Q/Liberal Elite messaging.
    As in most cases Exarch's Q and Pizzagate conspiracy theories come from political motives - he doesn't like the US or it's government and it isn't enough for them just to be doing a poor job. They have to be evil and up to huge hidden plots.

Ironically enough, China is one of the only places in the world were a ruling cabal of cannibalistic pedophiles could exist. If such a cabal existed in the US, the opposition party would be moving heaven and earth to have them publicly exposed as doing so would guarantee them winning elections for decades. Look how much effort they put into Bill Clinton's immoral but legal affair.

But in a totalitarian state like China where there are no opposition parties allowed and oligarchs run everything it's much easier to conceal things if you are rich and well-connected. And with a weak rule of law it's a simple matter to have anyone who discovers evidence of one's crimes executed on fabricated charges.
    Last edited by chriscase; June 06, 2021 at 01:08 AM. Reason: Please keep it impersonal

Indefinitely Banned

I think you overestimate him tbh.
    Last edited by chriscase; June 06, 2021 at 01:01 AM. Reason: Commentary about moderation is off topic here

Indefinitely Banned

Quote Originally Posted by EmperorBatman999 View Post
    Eh, I'm not sure America needs a Caesar. If anything (and as you allude to with the short-sighted military and warmonger NatSec Council), the military can't really produce a trustworthy, honest, and reformist-minded national leader. In any case, I don't think Petraeus or McMaster would fit the role of an American Caesar, or even a successor to Washington or Eisenhower. You might also say that the tendency for civilian elites and the general public to destroy potential Caesars before they can get power is a testament to the strength of our democratic norms, despite the battering those democratic foundations have received since the '60s. .
    Human nature will always gravitate towards charismatic demagogues; someone like Trump was going to come along sooner or later, especially with the declining living standards and power and prestige of the US. Even if a cabal were to come along to try to make america great again, there'll naturally be a rallying figure much as Napoleon became after the French Revolution.

Civilian elites are as you correctly noted more likely to destroy would be Caesars but not because they're civic minded but rather because of their own individual corruption being threatened by a Caesar/Napoleon purging their corruption, as we saw with the Republican swamp collaborating with democrats to castrate Trump's putsch on Jan. 6th. Pence's betrayal of Trump and his Supreme Court Judge selling him out to the Swamp.

finally, if the civilian elite bureaucrats were doing their job, they would have prevented the conditions that led to the rise of someone like Trump eg they would've prevented the growing divide between rich and poor, between american social groups; instead, we see corruption in all levels of government such as the cost overruns of the F-35, the Boeing 737 Max being certified as safe to fly because of regulatory capture etc

In any case, Caesar's dictatorship opened the path for the Empire, which was even more instable most of the time than the Republic at its worst. Replicating the emergence of a Caesar-like figure might shock the American public from its socio-cultural malaise, but the instability, chaos, and authoritarianism following the dictatorship would end America's position as the global leader of democracy...even as much as I think America is slipping from that world leadership anyway.
    1/3 of the country voted for Trump which means even if Trump is silenced as the silicon valley oligarchs are doing, someone else will come along and carry his message of revolting against the Swamp. Everyone in politics is aware of the decline of this nation and the need to reverse it and the tendency is to call for militarism eg look at senator tom cotton wanting to bring in the army to crush the BLM religious movement.

Your points about moral debauchery otherwise are well-taken. It seems to me that politicians have mastered the "meta" (to borrow a gaming term) of national governance, having been able to achieve the most benefits of leadership (wealth, prestige, networks), all while minimizing the actual effort the comes with the responsibility of leadership
    Indeed, it's the natural result of electing lawyers rather than engineers or scientists. You get nice feel good slogans but no results.

Quote Originally Posted by conon394 View Post
    Not altogether via wiki

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/OnlyFans

However even where it absolutely - your claim lacks any time series data. You need to construct such to make your claim. going back to the days of small local publications and classified adds all around the US, the period where craigslist became a location for advertising sex (note it killed the roll for itself right as OnlyFans was being rolled out) and dig up the find of public health papers by researchers that describe the local networks where women who are not prostitutes but poor and do trade sex for say auto repair or plumbing services.
    You are claiming that these american females are prostitutes ready to trade sex for favours even back before the internet era, effectively proving that the social decay was already in american society for far longer than the popularity of OnlyFans.

You know it really tiresome listing to US CEO whine access to the china Market this great nirvana that really only seems to make them money.

Check list for Boeing. Don't build corner cutting planes that are right out of the McDonald Douglas playbook - there is a reason that company failed and could be bought for cheap. Why not go back to stocking your board and senior management with engineers. Hay get a huge trump windfall trump tax why not spend that on R&D vs completely pointless stock buybacks that do noting but pay out to the oligarchs. Do that I will give crap about whining about a trade with China.
    Once again, this shows the disconnect between the laity and the american elites; Boeings profits come first to its shareholders who are the monied elites of america. The little guy doesn't get squat, as you expressed frustration that boeing has become a company too big to fail.

Very very very very very very exciting to see the more ridiculous of the Q/Liberal Elite messaging. Cope and the others who relay this conspiracy stuff tend towards the mildly less easily disprovable statements. Very very very excited. To make this more coherent I will only ask one question per post, and will respond to a question in kind to show I am not just some moron trolling.
    Question 1

Name a country (that matters) where the elites possess noblesse oblige and their priority is to serve the people?

omg I am so happy someone with such beliefs is a part of our community
    Quote Originally Posted by Coughdrop addict View Post
    As in most cases Exarch's Q and Pizzagate conspiracy theories come from political motives - he doesn't like the US or it's government and it isn't enough for them just to be doing a poor job. They have to be evil and up to huge hidden plots.

Ironically enough, China is one of the only places in the world were a ruling cabal of cannibalistic pedophiles could exist. If such a cabal existed in the US, the opposition party would be moving heaven and earth to have them publicly exposed as doing so would guarantee them winning elections for decades. Look how much effort they put into Bill Clinton's immoral but legal affair.

But in a totalitarian state like China where there are no opposition parties allowed and oligarchs run everything it's much easier to conceal things if you are rich and well-connected. And with a weak rule of law it's a simple matter to have anyone who discovers evidence of one's crimes executed on fabricated charges.
    The level of corruption is deep enough to result in slaaneshi pizza gate parties, do you really believe that the American elite are still worthy of redemption?

Praeses

Eh, I'm not sure America needs a Caesar...
    Look the whole question of moral debauchery and state decline is extremely silly. Gibbons trite moral analysis is plain wrong.

The rise of Caesar occurred in a period of compete military and economic dominance for Rome. Numerous late Republican politicians showed they had the morals of a Trump (not least Caesar himself, accusations of being bisexual did his career less harm than getting a toy crown). The early empire was a moral nadir, the Augustan Silver Age saw poets charming describe orally raping PoWs, sex with animated water waifus etc, and while Augustus himself tried to set a moral example and even legislate goodness, his heirs displayed conspicuous depravity with no apparent public consequences: the numerous murders were typically questions of greedy heirs not an outraged public or some systemic failure.

The so called Philosopher King Marcus Aurelius (who spends so much time philosophically musing over exactly to whom he owes his self-adjudged enormous gifts including moral rectitude) oversaw the first serious dip in Roman fortunes. His reign was marked by tolerance toward Christians and poor heir selection.

There's practically no connection between public morality and political success AFAIK: I mean Italy is a G7 nation FFS. There is a stupid and amateurish notion "moral rectitude" leads to strength but the British Empire and the United States were not established by men who enjoyed consensual sex in the missionary position for the sole purpose of procreation.
    Jatte lambastes Calico Rat

conon394's Avatar hoi polloi
    Colfax WA, neat I have a barn and 49 acres - I have 2 horses, 15 chickens - but no more pigs

You are claiming that these american females are prostitutes ready to trade sex for favours even back before the internet era, effectively proving that the social decay was already in american society for far longer than the popularity of OnlyFans.
    No what I'm claiming is the number of women and men who trade sex for money or services is in fact likely a steady rate. I am pretty sure women in China do the same or in Africa or Europe. You trade the resources and skills you have to survive. There is reason the Ancient Greeks disliked paid employment because in one way or the other you are prostituting yourself - its unfair of the modern world to just leave that as a label for sex workers.Thus what I am claiming is you are making a completely unsupported claim based on no evidence provided.
    IN PATROCINIVM SVB Dromikaites

'One day when I fly with my hands - up down the sky, like a bird'

But if the cause be not good, the king himself hath a heavy reckoning to make, when all those legs and arms and heads, chopped off in battle, shall join together at the latter day and cry all 'We died at such a place; some swearing, some crying for surgeon, some upon their wives left poor behind them, some upon the debts they owe, some upon their children rawly left.

Hyperides of Athens: We know, replied he, that Antipater is good, but we (the Demos of Athens) have no need of a master at present, even a good one.

Indefinitely Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Exarch View Post
    Human nature will always gravitate towards charismatic demagogues; someone like Trump was going to come along sooner or later, especially with the declining living standards and power and prestige of the US. Even if a cabal were to come along to try to make america great again, there'll naturally be a rallying figure much as Napoleon became after the French Revolution.

Civilian elites are as you correctly noted more likely to destroy would be Caesars but not because they're civic minded but rather because of their own individual corruption being threatened by a Caesar/Napoleon purging their corruption, as we saw with the Republican swamp collaborating with democrats to castrate Trump's putsch on Jan. 6th. Pence's betrayal of Trump and his Supreme Court Judge selling him out to the Swamp.

finally, if the civilian elite bureaucrats were doing their job, they would have prevented the conditions that led to the rise of someone like Trump eg they would've prevented the growing divide between rich and poor, between american social groups; instead, we see corruption in all levels of government such as the cost overruns of the F-35, the Boeing 737 Max being certified as safe to fly because of regulatory capture etc

1/3 of the country voted for Trump which means even if Trump is silenced as the silicon valley oligarchs are doing, someone else will come along and carry his message of revolting against the Swamp. Everyone in politics is aware of the decline of this nation and the need to reverse it and the tendency is to call for militarism eg look at senator tom cotton wanting to bring in the army to crush the BLM religious movement.

Indeed, it's the natural result of electing lawyers rather than engineers or scientists. You get nice feel good slogans but no results.

Once again, this shows the disconnect between the laity and the american elites; Boeings profits come first to its shareholders who are the monied elites of america. The little guy doesn't get squat, as you expressed frustration that boeing has become a company too big to fail.

The level of corruption is deep enough to result in slaaneshi pizza gate parties, do you really believe that the American elite are still worthy of redemption?
    Why not just say “I am unable to answer the question enoch.”?

Also are you unaware that the largest population of both content creators and users on Onlyfans are Chinese?

EmperorBatman999's Avatar I say, what, what?

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclops View Post
    Look the whole question of moral debauchery and state decline is extremely silly. Gibbons trite moral analysis is plain wrong.

The rise of Caesar occurred in a period of compete military and economic dominance for Rome. Numerous late Republican politicians showed they had the morals of a Trump (not least Caesar himself, accusations of being bisexual did his career less harm than getting a toy crown). The early empire was a moral nadir, the Augustan Silver Age saw poets charming describe orally raping PoWs, sex with animated water waifus etc, and while Augustus himself tried to set a moral example and even legislate goodness, his heirs displayed conspicuous depravity with no apparent public consequences: the numerous murders were typically questions of greedy heirs not an outraged public or some systemic failure.

The so called Philosopher King Marcus Aurelius (who spends so much time philosophically musing over exactly to whom he owes his self-adjudged enormous gifts including moral rectitude) oversaw the first serious dip in Roman fortunes. His reign was marked by tolerance toward Christians and poor heir selection.

There's practically no connection between public morality and political success AFAIK: I mean Italy is a G7 nation FFS. There is a stupid and amateurish notion "moral rectitude" leads to strength but the British Empire and the United States were not established by men who enjoyed consensual sex in the missionary position for the sole purpose of procreation.
    I never understood the cult of worship around Marcus Aurelius. I've been reading through his Meditations, and honestly, I find it overrated. Perhaps his sort of stoicism has permeated into the public's common sense/collective unconscious and it no longer is so novel to us, but perhaps I find his thinking overly self-indulgent. But then again, I suppose that although Marcus Aurelius is among the "four good emperors," he was simply the last decent one before things started to get really, really bad. Anyway, I don't find him a good model for leadership, even as much as my more conservative-minded friends tend to praise his ideas and think Aurelius's thinking is what this society needs more of....

Indefinitely Banned

The sheer fact that the US civilian police are becoming more militarised should be evidence enough of the breakdown in society and the decline of the United States; a government fearful of popular uprisings is a government not long for this world.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclops View Post

The rise of Caesar occurred in a period of compete military and economic dominance for Rome. .
    Not really, in Caesar's time, the slaves had all the jobs and the roman citizens were forced off their lands by corporate massive latifundia land ownerners; that's how someone like Caesar could rise to power, off the discontent of the roman people.

Similarly, the rise of demagogues like Trump appeals to the base and racist nature of MAGA white americans fearful for their own demographic collapse and impoverishment.

No what I'm claiming is the number of women and men who trade sex for money or services is in fact likely a steady rate. I am pretty sure women in China do the same or in Africa or Europe. You trade the resources and skills you have to survive. There is reason the Ancient Greeks disliked paid employment because in one way or the other you are prostituting yourself - its unfair of the modern world to just leave that as a label for sex workers.Thus what I am claiming is you are making a completely unsupported claim based on no evidence provided.
    For such a large proportion of the female population to turn to prostitution, it shows the sheer moral degradation of american society alongside squalor- witness the massive homelessness n american cities.

A few years back, we were witness to the early decline of anglo america when China surpassed america in having the fastest supercomputer in the world; today, it is China which is now at the cutting edge of humanity's development:

HYPERSPEED China unveils plan for 23,000mph hypersonic wind tunnel which will put Beijing ‘30 years ahead’ of the West

Source: https://www.the-sun.com/news/2989000...c-wind-tunnel/

Indefinitely Banned

Lol, China literally holds populations in terror to maintain cohesion, and again, the largest percentage of creators and subscribers on Onlyfans are Chinese. Why the easily disprovable silliness?

Indefinitely Banned

A few years back, we were witness to the early decline of anglo america when China surpassed america in having the fastest supercomputer in the world; today, it is China which is now at the cutting edge of humanity's development:

Source: https://www.the-sun.com/news/2989000...c-wind-tunnel/
    In addition to the awesome power of Chinese technology, the US was caught providing inferior weapons tech to their allies and fellow anglos, the UK:
    https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/a...sick-zvbl62fxl

Holy cow, having a tank that kills its crew with migraines must surely be a new and cutting edge american technology.

Inferior technology highlighting the decline of the United States similar to how poor funding in the late roman empire resulted in inferior roman armour.

Indefinitely Banned

In addition to the awesome power of Chinese technology, the US was caught providing inferior weapons tech to their allies and fellow anglos, the UK:
    https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/a...sick-zvbl62fxl

Holy cow, having a tank that kills its crew with migraines must surely be a new and cutting edge american technology.

Inferior technology highlighting the decline of the United States similar to how poor funding in the late roman empire resulted in inferior roman armour.
    You know that tank was Made in China right lol?

Indefinitely Banned

General Dynamics is a US arms company; i'd be surprised if they built their tanks in China. This isn't Robocop universe.

EDIT: Putin put it best:

Why Putin said the US is walking Soviet Union's pathBy Lu Xue Published: Jun 06, 2021 09:03 PM

Pro-Trump supporters storm the US Capitol following a rally with President Donald Trump on January 6, 2021 in Washington, DC. Trump supporters gathered in the nation's capital to protest the ratification of President-elect Joe Biden's Electoral College victory over President Trump in the 2020 election. Photo: Samuel Corum/Getty Images/VCG
    Russian President Vladimir Putin said on Friday that he was convinced that the US is following a typical scenario of an empire: Confident of their unlimited power, empires create unnecessary problems for themselves until they can no longer cope with them, according to Russian News Agency Tass.

A summit between Putin and US President Joe Biden is scheduled to take place on June 16. Putin's intent may be to send a message to Biden before their meeting that the US should act as a responsible great power, playing a big role in contributing to global stability and coordinating relations between countries, instead of resorting to extreme measures to mess up the world.

Tass reported that Putin said empire rulers are confident they can intimidate, persuade, or buy the loyalty of various countries or groups, and think all their problems can be solved this way. "But problems keep piling up. And, at some point, they are no longer able to cope with them. And the United States is now walking the Soviet Union's path, and its gait is confident and steady," Putin noted.

The US has fallen into such a scenario: While turmoil has been widely spotted at home, it has stirred up troubles at abroad. In a bid to maintain its hegemony, the US has repeatedly sanctioned or threatened some other countries. But the fact is that Washington's national strength and global influence has been waning. It is incapable of both securing domestic stability and maintain global leadership.

Putin's rhetoric toward the US has been very accurate, Li Haidong, a professor of international relations at the China Foreign Affairs University, told the Global Times on Sunday. "US political elites are failing to govern the country. When they realize they cannot tackle the severe social division, they irresponsibly attempt to divert domestic attention by creating crises or even waging a war overseas, or passing the buck of domestic problems to key rivals like China and Russa," Li said.

But the US is not as strong as these US political elites have been propagandizing. Its above-mentioned attempts have not produced desired results. For example, the US has not only lost almost all wars it has launched in the 21st century, but also mired in the Middle East. Many US companies have suffered huge losses due to the trade war the US launched against China. As a result, instead of helping political elites better cope with domestic problems, these attempts have caused more denunciations from the US public against these elites.

Putin is not the only politician to convey the idea that the US is walking the Soviet Union's path. Former Soviet Union leader Mikhail Gorbachev, who precipitated the disintegration of his country in 1989, said in January that the Capitol riots called into question the US' continued existence as a nation. Some media outlets interpreted it as Gorbachev believing the US will follow the path of the Soviet Union to disintegrate.

To many who witnessed the collapse of the Soviet Union, the US does have some characteristics of the Soviet Union before its disintegration. Its political polarization and social divisions are too severe to reconcile. As a result, extreme events like the Capitol riots could take place. Former US president Donald Trump made a return to the public arena on Saturday, with a speech to the North Carolina Republican convention in Greenville, according to the POLITICO.

Li said that if Trump, who was accused of inciting the violence of the Capital riots, returns, the US will continue to be in disarray. Populism, as exemplified by Trump, will take the US in a direction that is more divided, internally confrontational, torn apart and in decline.

The current tendency indicates that the US will decay internally, making it difficult to play an effective role at home and at abroad.
    Source: https://www.globaltimes.cn/page/202106/1225526.shtml
    Last edited by Exarch; June 08, 2021 at 07:38 AM.

conon394's Avatar hoi polloi
    Colfax WA, neat I have a barn and 49 acres - I have 2 horses, 15 chickens - but no more pigs

For such a large proportion of the female population to turn to prostitution, it shows the sheer moral degradation of american society alongside squalor- witness the massive homelessness n american cities.
    You have nowhere provided any evidence about sex work rates now or historically you claim is fundamentally invaded lacking evidence. Which cities on the homelessness. Although I will admit lack of both a proper mental and general health care system explains much of the homeless issue. The slow collapse of the war drugs will also I deal with a lot of it as decriminalization efforts should see people getting treatments for addiction rather than be marginalized.

-----------

Oh that is funny Exarch really funny I do believe you made my day. Of course as I noted at the time China would loose that title and it has. And its utilization rates are appallingly low. As are its re use rates when like all super fast super computers they are superseded in a few years. China is not converting them into small versions and farming them off to universities to generate the programing base which would help it utilization rates.

I believe I will worry when I see published peer reviewed results.
    Last edited by conon394; June 08, 2021 at 07:55 AM.
    IN PATROCINIVM SVB Dromikaites

'One day when I fly with my hands - up down the sky, like a bird'

But if the cause be not good, the king himself hath a heavy reckoning to make, when all those legs and arms and heads, chopped off in battle, shall join together at the latter day and cry all 'We died at such a place; some swearing, some crying for surgeon, some upon their wives left poor behind them, some upon the debts they owe, some upon their children rawly left.

Hyperides of Athens: We know, replied he, that Antipater is good, but we (the Demos of Athens) have no need of a master at present, even a good one.

Indefinitely Banned

Many parts for US military equipment are Made in China. I don’t know where you been but I was slightly joking as Made in China is slang in the US for poorly made and often fraudulently. China can’t even make baby formula without poisoning it lol.
    Last edited by Abdülmecid I; June 09, 2021 at 04:33 AM. Reason: Intentionally disruptive.

EmperorBatman999's Avatar I say, what, what?

China is overcoming the US because they have the will to win. While the West is stuck navel-gazing about its past and current sins and problems, China has been aggressively unapologetic and even denialist about the crimes of the PRC's regime. While the US Armed Forces were forced to have a discussion about systemic racism, China has been amassing fleets around Taiwan and killing the Uyghurs. China wants to become a winner, and America doesn't. It wouldn't surprise me, either, if Chinese operatives are encouraging BLM and other detractors to America's sense of national cohesion, all in order to keep the country in a tailspin. Either way, America doesn't want to win anymore, and China wants to win all the more because of that.

In 1939, Germany had the will to win. It had blatantly violated international norms because it was focused single-mindedly on global power, entirely embracing a mutated version of Nietzsche's "Will to Power." Britain and France, meanwhile, didn't have the will to win. They balked at even the possibility of war with Germany, and were completely fine with having Germany, Japan, and Italy eclipse them. Germany's downfall came when they became entirely overpowered by their own will to win, taking on too many enemies simultaneously. And then those enemies found within themselves the renewed will to win, and they knew the meaning of defeat at this point, and would do everything in their power to avoid a world where Germany was dominant.

Regarding the idea of "moral character = national greatness": I think there is some nuance here, and the idea is neither entirely true, nor entirely false. I think good moral character can mean better leadership because leaders have their eye focused on what is important for the nation, and that is economic, political, and military success. Debauchery and corruption turn the focus selfishly inward, waiting for the next bribe, the next hit of cocaine, or whatever else will please their endorphins and dopamine. So regarding Cyclop's Italian comparison: I think that Italy has found a comfortable niche for itself in the global system, it can live comfortably in the European and global economy doing things that it does well, making high-quality specialty goods and providing tourism. Italy knows it cannot be a great power and doesn't want to become one, and history has proven why Italy shouldn't even try. The position of Italy's leadership is a simpler position to be in compared to the position of American politicians, who need to balance a massive and diverse economy, a complicated geopolitical network, and a global military. Greater power calls for greater responsibility, but it is a responsibility American leaders have shied away from since Eisenhower left office.

Indefinitely Banned

China is a joke. Low rent Nazis. They can't even let their people have the real internet they are so afraid of what might happen lol. Not a real threat to anyone but Africa and Southeast Asia.

Indefinitely Banned

China is overcoming the US because they have the will to win. While the West is stuck navel-gazing about its past and current sins and problems, China has been aggressively unapologetic and even denialist about the crimes of the PRC's regime. While the US Armed Forces were forced to have a discussion about systemic racism, China has been amassing fleets around Taiwan and killing the Uyghurs. China wants to become a winner, and America doesn't. It wouldn't surprise me, either, if Chinese operatives are encouraging BLM and other detractors to America's sense of national cohesion, all in order to keep the country in a tailspin. Either way, America doesn't want to win anymore, and China wants to win all the more because of that. .
    I disagree, the USG tried with all its might to contain China, from obama's Pivot to Asia to current Biden but it wasn't until Trump that the USG really went jealous psycho ex, frantically trying to contain China, even going so far as to kidnap tech executives' family members and harm its own companies in order to try to stem the rise of China.
    Unfortunately, the United States proved impotent in stopping the Rise of China.

Look at Huawei as a demonstration of the weakening of US power; the literal USG and its entire natsec establishment threw everything including the kitchen sink to try and destroy Huawei but Huawei survived and is coming back ready to take on pretty much all of america's tech sector; the US is now facing an existential Microsoft and Apple Killer in this year's Huawei. In 2 years time when fabs in China come online, Intel, Nvidia and ARM are gonna be on borrowed time in the Chinese market (really, the only market that matters), and they can thank the US Government for killing their golden goose.

Regarding the idea of "moral character = national greatness": I think there is some nuance here, and the idea is neither entirely true, nor entirely false. I think good moral character can mean better leadership because leaders have their eye focused on what is important for the nation, and that is economic, political, and military success. Debauchery and corruption turn the focus selfishly inward, waiting for the next bribe, the next hit of cocaine, or whatever else will please their endorphins and dopamine. So regarding Cyclop's Italian comparison: I think that Italy has found a comfortable niche for itself in the global system, it can live comfortably in the European and global economy doing things that it does well, making high-quality specialty goods and providing tourism. Italy knows it cannot be a great power and doesn't want to become one, and history has proven why Italy shouldn't even try. The position of Italy's leadership is a simpler position to be in compared to the position of American politicians, who need to balance a massive and diverse economy, a complicated geopolitical network, and a global military. Greater power calls for greater responsibility, but it is a responsibility American leaders have shied away from since Eisenhower left office
    Excellent analysis.

You have nowhere provided any evidence about sex work rates now or historically you claim is fundamentally invaded lacking evidence. Which cities on the homelessness. Although I will admit lack of both a proper mental and general health care system explains much of the homeless issue. The slow collapse of the war drugs will also I deal with a lot of it as decriminalization efforts should see people getting treatments for addiction rather than be marginalized.
    If we compare why US society was a lot more cohesive back in the 60s compared to today, a lot of factors come to mind: immigration, changing role of families, debauchery, drugs- all very similar to the fall of Rome

Oh that is funny Exarch really funny I do believe you made my day. Of course as I noted at the time China would loose that title and it has. And its utilization rates are appallingly low. As are its re use rates when like all super fast super computers they are superseded in a few years. China is not converting them into small versions and farming them off to universities to generate the programing base which would help it utilization rates.
    I don't understand this fear and jealousy that americans have; China is still developing and it's already gotten your pizza gate leaders pissing their pants. China overtaking the US as the pre-eminent world power is not going to make your life or anyone else's life here all that harder- for that, you can blame your leaders, your hunter biden types, your trump and epstein collaborating elites.

Indefinitely Banned

If the US collapsed China would be ed. Lose their biggest trade partner and the double tap of all the US debt they hold being worthless. A totalitarian regime like China would be unlikely to survive such a predicament. Why does everything Exarch posts seem like what a child imagines the world is like?

Indefinitely Banned

If the US collapsed China would be ed. Lose their biggest trade partner and the double tap of all the US debt they hold being worthless. A totalitarian regime like China would be unlikely to survive such a predicament. Why does everything Exarch posts seem like what a child imagines the world is like?
    U.S. trade deficit surges to record; shortfall with China keeps rising

Source: https://www.cnbc.com/2021/05/04/us-t...ina-rises.html

The United States depends overwhelmingly on Chinese trade; despite the best efforts of Trump trade hawks, US dependancy on China has increased.

Europeans, sensing the weakness of the anglo americans have pushed for expanding their trade links with China:
    https://www.europeanchamber.com.cn/e...fidence-survey

The West isn't going to impoverish itself just so that anglo Americans can remain as top dog. That aint gonna happen.

I'm with you, comrade Exarch. Keep pissing them off.
    Last edited by Gromovnik; June 09, 2021 at 02:26 AM.
    Optio, Legio I Latina