Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: The Decline Of The United States of America

conon394's Avatar hoi polloi
    Colfax WA, neat I have a barn and 49 acres - I have 2 horses, 15 chickens - but no more pigs

Default Re: The Decline Of The United States of America

You can't help but look at the mass natural disasters affecting the United States from the plague, the red skies over California, the hurricanes and the riots in the street to not accept that the United States is in a precarious state and in an obvious state of decline.
    Natural disasters do equate to decline. I will not argue any reasonable statement of relative decline. Obviously the US was always going to face that some time after 1945. Choosing to participate in the reconstruction of its allies. Not launching new total war against Russia or doing the same by trying to stop the fall of Nationalist China, CHengeraly supporting the ideal of formal de colonialism in many cases etc.

But in general I do not think you make a good case for some absolute decline or define well what decline is or what the peck of the US looked like. Also You riots and aggressive civial disobediance have been a general feature of the US since before the whisky rebellion.

To the evangelical christians who form a core part of this administration like Pence and Pompeo, Trump's infection with COVID-19 is a clear sign of God's disfavour.
    I did not realize you 3 were pen pals - fancy that.

The fact that the Pope refuses to meet a self proclaimed Godly man like Pompeo tells you just how far the United States has strayed
    I'll fix that for the Pope refused to with a corrupt man. That Pope decided he would not a political prop for Pompeo says something about the Current administration, not about all the US.

the chattering classes in western journalism wax lyrical about such mandates of heaven when it comes to say the PRC so it's natural to assume they would hold such views of the United States.
    With a free press you get all kinds weird stuff. You really should avoid the stuff published by right wing think takes and media sound chambers.

Actually the constitutional crisis when it comes to the appointment of supreme court judges and the evident corruption therein is a clear sign of the need for change in the United States. That there is clear infighting and conspiracies amongst the ruling classes of the United States and the 'cold civil war' portends a future of civil strife especially in the upcoming election.
    Not sure of you point

declining birth rates of white americans
    Actually you know the rate of decline is far higher in the non white us population.

the prostitution of white american females
    ?

and the death of the petrodollar.
    Not really going to both posting on this again with links I done it too many times. Its a myth more or less now. Its supposed death would not affect the United states, and the only people who care if tomorrow oil was sold in Yuan or Euros or whatever would be the export orientated countries seeing the cost of their exports rise.
    Last edited by conon394; October 14, 2020 at 10:01 AM.
    IN PATROCINIVM SVB Dromikaites

'One day when I fly with my hands - up down the sky, like a bird'

But if the cause be not good, the king himself hath a heavy reckoning to make, when all those legs and arms and heads, chopped off in battle, shall join together at the latter day and cry all 'We died at such a place; some swearing, some crying for surgeon, some upon their wives left poor behind them, some upon the debts they owe, some upon their children rawly left.

Hyperides of Athens: We know, replied he, that Antipater is good, but we (the Demos of Athens) have no need of a master at present, even a good one.

Indefinitely Banned

Quote Originally Posted by conon394 View Post
    Natural disasters do equate to decline. I will not argue any reasonable statement of relative decline. Obviously the US was always going to face that some time after 1945. Choosing to participate in the reconstruction of its allies. Not launching new total war against Russia or doing the same by trying to stop the fall of Nationalist China, CHengeraly supporting the ideal of formal de colonialism in many cases etc.

But in general I do not think you make a good case for some absolute decline or define well what decline is or what the peck of the US looked like. Also You riots and aggressive civial disobediance have been a general feature of the US since before the whisky rebellion.
    I disagree, the riots of the 60s were moderated by a society that overwhelmingly trusted its government. Today's riots are set in a background of cold civil war, where political backstabbing and conspiracies are the norm, where race riots are frequent and where armed militia take to the streets not unlike 30s Weimar Germany. The US is set on the road to fascism or civil war.
    COVID-19 merely ripped the facade away from america, leaving its true rotting carcass beneath all the glitz and glamour.

Secondly, and this is off topic but the events of the first paragraph were not charity, they were realpolitik and the US ruling class were hoping to replicate the same historical events especially as of late by instigating a war in korea, in the middle east, or in europe.

I'll fix that for the Pope refused to with a corrupt man. That Pope decided he would not a political prop for Pompeo says something about the Current administration, not about all the US.

With a free press you get all kinds weird stuff. You really should avoid the stuff published by right wing think takes and media sound chambers.
    The american people tend to see current events with a historical lens, hence why journalists like to equate things to be 'xyz country's Chernobyl'.

Even Thomas Friedman just this very day wrote:
    China Got Better. We Got Sicker. Thanks, Trump.

With a different leader, the United States could have contained the coronavirus.
    Source: https://archive.is/I9kAj#selection-321.0-325.80

Now i'm not as optimistic as Friedman, the problems of the US today are structural and systemic rather than due to one rogue President and his regime of christian psychopaths.

Actually you know the rate of decline is far higher in the non white us population.

?
    Morally, the decline of civilisations is accompanied by a decline in moral standards and debauchery; a case can be made as was made during a joe rogan podcast that the rise in transgenderism was accompanied by social and structural decay eg Roman empire and current US regime.

Not really going to both posting on this again with links I done it too many times. Its a myth more or less now. Its supposed death would not affect the United states, and the only people who care if tomorrow oil was sold in Yuan or Euros or whatever would be the export orientated countries seeing the cost of their exports rise.
    It actually does matter whether or not the US can continue to use the petrodollar; without the petrodollar, borrowing costs in the US are going to soar and the US is already printing money like 30s Weimar Germany. You're looking at stagflation and accompanying political chaos which are features seen in the downfall of empires and civilisations, in Rome and elsewhere.

conon394's Avatar hoi polloi
    Colfax WA, neat I have a barn and 49 acres - I have 2 horses, 15 chickens - but no more pigs

It actually does matter whether or not the US can continue to use the petrodollar; without the petrodollar, borrowing costs in the US are going to soar and the US is already printing money like 30s Weimar Germany. You're looking at stagflation and accompanying political chaos which are features seen in the downfall of empires and civilisations, in Rome and elsewhere.
    Umm no you are babbling. The pricing of oil in the dollar is of minimal impact stopping it tomorrow would likely be not even noticed by the markets.

Look do the math compare the daily volume of total US trade and figure out the demand that creates for dollars and than compare that to the entire yearly demand for dollars create by the oil trade. The Latter is a drop in the barrel of the Former.

Morally, the decline of civilisations is accompanied by a decline in moral standards and debauchery; a case can be made as was made during a joe rogan podcast that the rise in transgenderism was accompanied by social and structural decay eg Roman empire and current US regime.
    Wait have to clean my screen off I snorted my wine all over. A decline of moral standards and debauchery. Did the esteemed joe rogan PhD provide any metrics for Rome. Which Rome what peak what decline? What moral standards are declining in the US according to whom do you have any metrics? Saying something over and over again on line is not in fact evidence.

The american people tend to see current events with a historical lens, hence why journalists like to equate things to be 'xyz country's Chernobyl'.
    Yes and I'm that never happen in any other countries press correct? You have some analysis on that statistics data mining of 100 years worth of the world press?

I disagree, the riots of the 60s were moderated by a society that overwhelmingly trusted its government.
    Were that so that would have been no riots. I pretty sure the anti reconstruction riots/terrorism did not involve white southerns who overwhelming trusted the government, not those who revolted in the whisky rebellion. Sorry Exarch not trusting the government is sort of backed into the system why do think no democratic administration has ever gotten close to European type national health care?

Secondly, and this is off topic but the events of the first paragraph were not charity, they were realpolitik
    Yet they remain action of a state that chose not to lock in by force when it could the hegemony it had in 1946.
    IN PATROCINIVM SVB Dromikaites

'One day when I fly with my hands - up down the sky, like a bird'

But if the cause be not good, the king himself hath a heavy reckoning to make, when all those legs and arms and heads, chopped off in battle, shall join together at the latter day and cry all 'We died at such a place; some swearing, some crying for surgeon, some upon their wives left poor behind them, some upon the debts they owe, some upon their children rawly left.

Hyperides of Athens: We know, replied he, that Antipater is good, but we (the Demos of Athens) have no need of a master at present, even a good one.

Indefinitely Banned

Quote Originally Posted by conon394 View Post
    Umm no you are babbling. The pricing of oil in the dollar is of minimal impact stopping it tomorrow would likely be not even noticed by the markets.
    The lady doth protest too much, methinks.

It's amusing seeing american commentators keep re-assuring themselves that the loss of the petrodollar won't have a meaningful impact on their lives...whilst american leaders kill anyone who attempts to leave the petrodollar system.

Without the ability to use the petrodollar and transfer inflation onto the rest of the world, the decline of the US will be even more aggravated and pronounced. Consider, you already have race riots and militias' attempted kidnapping of public officials and killings in the streets, how much more dire is it going to be when there's no money to pay those riot police and military?

Wait have to clean my screen off I snorted my wine all over. A decline of moral standards and debauchery. Did the esteemed joe rogan PhD provide any metrics for Rome. Which Rome what peak what decline? What moral standards are declining in the US according to whom do you have any metrics? Saying something over and over again on line is not in fact evidence.
    Do you think transvestite story time hour and OnlyFans prostitution of american females and the involuntary celibate induced rage of american males are hallmarks of a healthy society?

To say nothing of the declining birth rates of white western americans, even the white hispanics' birth rates are declining and the declining marriage of young working and professional class. All of which are signs that portend violent civil unrest.

Yes and I'm that never happen in any other countries press correct? You have some analysis on that statistics data mining of 100 years worth of the world press?
    But you represent the american people the same way internet netizens in china represent the chinese people as a whole, as western reporters assert.

Were that so that would have been no riots. I pretty sure the anti reconstruction riots/terrorism did not involve white southerns who overwhelming trusted the government, not those who revolted in the whisky rebellion. Sorry Exarch not trusting the government is sort of backed into the system why do think no democratic administration has ever gotten close to European type national health care?
    weak points.
    whiskey rebellion was from 18th c. We need something a little more modern and relevant unless you think ppl re still rocking around with muskets and legend of sleepy hollow costumes.

Not trusting the government was also a feature in the collapse of many, many colour revolutions which is why CIA regime change like to emphasise distrust in governments. Happily i can see the Russians are doing a masterful job in judo in turning it against the americans to aggravate american decline.

Indefinitely Banned

It has been 2 months since the storming of the Capitol by american barbarians, and the pogroms and night of long knives that occurred afterwards has been swift; the civil war is bubbling beneath the surface as newly crowned president, biden tries to keep the Republic together, in vain.

US in decline: why Joe Biden will struggle to return America to its golden age

• America’s decline has happened over a longer period than just Trump’s four-year term, and it will take far longer to reverse it
    • The country seems to be facing a profound identity crisis and an ideological divide more bitter and irreconcilable than ever in recent memory

Source: https://www.scmp.com/comment/opinion...ica-its-golden

The Noble Lord's Avatar Holy Arab Nation

It's about time.
    [IMG][/IMG]
    أسد العراق Asad al-Iraq
    KOSOVO IS SERBIA!!!
    Under the proud patronage of the magnificent Tzar

Indefinitely Banned

In yet another sign of the decline of the United States of America, the fighting forces have been replaced by transgender effete weaklings; why, look at the military recruitment ads pushed out by the "woke" Pentagon compared to the militaries of China and Russia who are focused on killing americans.

I wonder if Romans also believed that woke vaginas would help defeat the Goths or the Sassanids.
    Last edited by Exarch; May 28, 2021 at 02:21 AM.

The sooner the settler regime goes down, the better.
    Optio, Legio I Latina

Sir Adrian's Avatar the Imperishable

China is a bad joke militarily. All show and no substance whatsoever. Russia or India could fold it like a napkin in case of a war. Let's not even discuss the US.
    Under the patronage of Pie the Inkster Click here to find a hidden gem on the forum!

Indefinitely Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Exarch View Post
    It has been 2 months since the storming of the Capitol by american barbarians, and the pogroms and night of long knives that occurred afterwards has been swift; the civil war is bubbling beneath the surface as newly crowned president, biden tries to keep the Republic together, in vain.

Source: https://www.scmp.com/comment/opinion...ica-its-golden
    Are you familiar with the site American Thinker? Right up your alley. Your definition of pogroms, nazi comparison and in general assessment seems a bit off. And the US is crushing it right now, Biden is more popular than Trump ever was, owning the world again, calling out China, standing up to Putin, Restoring the Economy.

Where you been at?

Indefinitely Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Sir Adrian View Post
    China is a bad joke militarily. All show and no substance whatsoever. Russia or India could fold it like a napkin in case of a war. Let's not even discuss the US.
    Yes i'm sure China and Russia would be very afraid of the american transvestite army; all they have to do is call these americans by the wrong pronoun and the entire american armed forces would be triggered into oblivion.

Quote Originally Posted by enoch View Post
    Are you familiar with the site American Thinker? Right up your alley. Your definition of pogroms, nazi comparison and in general assessment seems a bit off. And the US is crushing it right now, Biden is more popular than Trump ever was, owning the world again, calling out China, standing up to Putin, Restoring the Economy.

Where you been at?
    Restoring the economy?

I admit i hated Economics back in high school, but something tells me the economy isn't supposed to be in hyperinflation

Indefinitely Banned

I admit i hated Economics back in high school
    I watched enough of this video to see if it was going to say anything new. The End is Nigh, a slogan of madmen throughout history. Jesus being the most famous.

Have you considered high school economics was for children? Might be why you are framing this silly video as scary .

Indefinitely Banned

I watched enough of this video to see if it was going to say anything new. The End is Nigh, a slogan of madmen throughout history. Jesus being the most famous.

Have you considered high school economics was for children? Might be why you are framing this silly video as scary .
    hyperinflation is already here, denial aint just a river in Egypt.

In fact, 70s style stagflation could be in order if Biden doesn't get the economy back in order in the next few months.

In yet another sign of the decline of the United States of America, the fighting forces have been replaced by transgender effete weaklings; why, look at the military recruitment ads pushed out by the "woke" Pentagon compared to the militaries of China and Russia who are focused on killing americans.

I wonder if Romans also believed that woke vaginas would help defeat the Goths or the Sassanids.
    In a followup to the US army recruitment ad, i got 1 bitcoin that says that when the war starts, US army corporal emma malone lord will be offering sexual favours to her Russian and Chinese captors in order to get more MREs.

The US military is failing, and failing badly as indicative of the decline of US military might:

US warship FAILS to intercept mid-range ballistic missile target… amid reports of ‘Russian spy ship’ off Hawaii

Source: https://www.rt.com/usa/525199-missil...sian-spy-ship/

Indefinitely Banned

Hyperinflation is already here LOL. Very very few to no experts of note believe hyperinflation is at all likely in the US. It is not already here. It is stupid to say it is. Very very stupid.

Indefinitely Banned

It is understandable that many of the middle upper class males of white america- the sort who can afford the thousands of dollars to run and play PC games like Three Kingdoms: Total War- would be having 'let them eat cake' attitudes towards the hyperinflation of the US economy.

Whichever way you put it, the US economy aint looking so hot right now and is projected to be mere months away from collapse; bet you dint know 25% of all US debt was printed in the last year; you really believe that won't have an effect on hyperinflation?

Not to mention China's not buying any more US debt now, that's why the yield rates for Treasuries are going to have to go up, as they have been to no effect...because China aint buying US debt anymore.

Hell, look at US celebrities; they know where the wind's blowing and the wind blows from the East. The East is truly Red.

Bet you didn't even know the Fast & Furious film just had its debut premiere in China...before it even started airing in the US.

China is simply the superior economy.

Indefinitely Banned

Default America Breaks; Imports Iranian Oil For The First Time in 30 Years

The United States has Capitulated.

US reports it has imported sanctioned oil from Iran, a first after 30 years of sanctions

Despite the severe sanctions imposed on Iran's energy sector by the White House, the US nonetheless imported a substantial batch of crude from the Islamic Republic for the first time in 30 years, its Department of Energy reports.
    The department did not provide information on how the Iranian imports showed up on its log, despite current US restrictions banning any nation from purchasing oil from Iran.

The US reportedly imported an estimated 36,000 barrels per day in October 2020, according to data tracked by the US Energy Information Administration (EIA). In March, the import volumes of Iranian crude reportedly totaled 33,000 barrels per day.
    Source: https://www.rt.com/business/525148-i...rts-sanctions/

Looks like the Iranians have won; we can expect to see the US return to the JCPOA and humbly abide by the stipulations therein.

This has been a massive turnaround in US foreign policy since the Trump years of 'maximum pressure'.

Indefinitely Banned

Default Re: America Breaks; Imports Iranian Oil For The First Time in 30 Years

You are confused, your link says Trump started the imports before he lost the election but you then say Trump was all maximum pressure. These mistakes happen. Don't be embarrassed.
    Last edited by alhoon; May 30, 2021 at 02:58 AM. Reason: off topic part removed

Indefinitely Banned

the US economy aint looking so hot right now and is projected to be mere months away from collapse
    mere months

I like you.

antaeus's Avatar Cool and normal

mere months

I like you.
    I'd be interested in discovering how a transgender person with a gun can kill me any less efficiently than a non-transgender person.

But Exarch will be Exarch *shrug*
    IN PATROCINIVM SVB MARENOSTRUM

Indefinitely Banned

Quote Originally Posted by antaeus View Post
    I'd be interested in discovering how a transgender person with a gun can kill me any less efficiently than a non-transgender person.

But Exarch will be Exarch *shrug*
    transgender POWs will be remarkably unsuccessful in attempting to trade sexual favours for better MREs compared to the likes of US army corporal emma malone lord.

Rome also fell because of moral decay.

Other indicators of the decline of the United States is the rise in armed black militia groups, ready to carve out their own ethno-state from the carcass of the anglo empire:
    Armed Black protesters march for reparations in Tulsa, Oklahoma as the city marks 100th anniversary of black massacre
    Source: https://www.rt.com/usa/525201-armed-...ulsa-massacre/