Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Romanian parliament votes to ban all mentions, discussion and theories regarding gender identity and gender fluidity from all levels of education

AqD's Avatar 。◕‿◕。

Default Re: Romanian parliament votes to ban all mentions, discussion and theories regarding gender identity and gender fluidity from all levels of education

Quote Originally Posted by Timoleon of Korinthos View Post
    So politicized herd mentality is the norm, which in practice transforms western universities from supposedly autonomous islands of independent inquiry into propaganda machines of the globohomo orthodoxy, which do research as a side project. This happens either directly, through indoctrination in class, or indirectly, by coming down on the side of LGBT rights, diversity, quotas, gender inequality and few women in science because of patriarchy/stereotypes/toxic masculinity, BLM marches, "global warming/climate change will destroy civilization, unless Greta Thunberg saves us, but only if you pay carbon taxes, eat bug burgers and accept Somali climate refugees taking crap in your streets" type of activism, which hits you even if in a hardcore engineering, totally male and white dominated department.
    Let's not mix all the different issues here. Research and promoting bug burgers would reduce CO2 emission and lower price of real meat at the same time, which all of us should embrace and brainwash other people into doing it everyday.

Quote Originally Posted by Timoleon of Korinthos View Post
    So let's not pretend there is some kind of institutional impartiality here that the Romanians decided to trample. Let's drop the charade. The only question is whether you want to end up having drag queen hours for toddlers and guys with dicks wearing dresses and makeup fondling adopted boys under the auspices of the government because human rights, like in the USA and Germany, or if you don't, like in Hungary.
    What's wrong with all that? It'd increase my chance of getting a girlfriend for sure.

Unless they decide to build toilets for 10 different genders I can't see any harm.

Default Re: Romanian parliament votes to ban all mentions, discussion and theories regarding gender identity and gender fluidity from all levels of education

Are you saying gender theory et al is political?

Quote Originally Posted by Aexodus View Post
    Let's backpedal a bit.

This is what is forbidden. It is simply too close to thought policing for me to be comfortable with it. This is not merely the setting of curricula, it is banning discussion on a forbidden topic.

What it is not, is mandating apolitical teaching, which I would wholeheartedly agree with.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345