Thread: Rule Britannia battle guide

Jurand of Cracow's Avatar History and gameplay!

Icon6 Rule Britannia battle guide

Guys,
    can you have a look and tell to what extent this guide is useful for the SSHIP players?
    JoC
    Last edited by Jurand of Cracow; May 15, 2022 at 10:52 AM.

Default Re: Rule Britannia battle guide

Hey nice find! Very informative guide.

Also, i think that most of the tips in the guide should be very useful in SSHIP like the charges, formations, elevation, weather, etc.

Only the very specific ones like the unit speed modified by the mod should not be.

Icon5 Re: Rule Britannia battle guide

Very informative guide indeed - 86 pages, good lord.

I also believe it could be shortened, maybe even briefly summarized and (I don't know if that wasn't the original idea) put into an ingame info popup.

I scrolled through this and saw some pretty interesting things I didn't know about, like:
    Time Scale
    I have frequently heard to speed up the time scale for long battles, in particular cases where you are
    using ranged attacks as it is the same animation over and over again. I have a hunch that this may
    adverse affect accuracy. In more than 20 games over many types of ranged attacks and in particular
    large siege weapons, I have seen a drop off in kills of units and the breaking of infrastructure when the
    time scale is set to 6.0.
    Blinding snow can be just as disorienting, but thankfully doesn't affect the accuracy. It will however be
    accompanied by strong winds which can be blowing against the arc of the arrow, or hopefully carry it
    further. Those are wonderful times since the arrow is obscured by the snow, and deliver silent death.
    Of course, that camouflage helps screen out ranged attacks. Generally this means less crossbow bolts
    and arrows are getting through the foliage and cuts down on injuries or death. It's a double edged sword
    since it means your troops are slow moving within, and you'll discover just how difficult (and fun) it is
    to fight within a forest with limited visibility, particularly issuing orders for cavalry.
    This is a very important aspect of any battle. The men feel the awesomeness (or less than
    awesomeness) of your Grace standing behind them. This gives them a morale bonus. If the general is
    off at the end of the field ( the general has abandoned us), then the men can lose heart. You'll find this
    out quickly as the men can rally when the general is immediately behind and blowing his war horn.
    This can be vital in sieges where a few good defenders in schiltrom can annihilate an enormous amount
    of stupid AI troops. This actually happened in history as naturally the effects of boiling oil and archers
    and hearty portcullis gates and other stratagems all reduced the morale of the enemy.
    Are those lines in bold true?

Elendil 03's Avatar Semisalis
    A landlocked, neutral country somewhere in Western Europe

Can't download - would you mind posting a new link?
    Aut prodesse voluit aut delectare auctor aut simul et iucunda et idonea dicere vitae.

Medieval II Stuff: Medieval & Viking Invasion music addon | Bellum Crucis Enhanced All-In-One | Elendil's Font Packs & Eye Candy | Alba di Rinascita - Fonts pack (included in the former) | The Eldar Scrolls - Fonts pack

Quote Originally Posted by Elendil 03 View Post
    Can't download - would you mind posting a new link?
    strange, I just tried and everything downloaded fine.
    Just in case, I uploaded to my Googledisk:https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Koy...ew?usp=sharing
    People always have been the foolish victims of deception and self-deception in politics, and they always will be, until they have learned to seek out the interests of some class or other behind all moral, religious, political and social phrases, declarations and promises
    medieval 2 total war engine overhaul project

Elendil 03's Avatar Semisalis
    A landlocked, neutral country somewhere in Western Europe

That's very nice - thanks.
    Aut prodesse voluit aut delectare auctor aut simul et iucunda et idonea dicere vitae.

Medieval II Stuff: Medieval & Viking Invasion music addon | Bellum Crucis Enhanced All-In-One | Elendil's Font Packs & Eye Candy | Alba di Rinascita - Fonts pack (included in the former) | The Eldar Scrolls - Fonts pack