Thread: Future of Single Player

Default Future of Single Player

Love the mod guys but I prefer single player so I’m wondering what the plans are regarding the single player campaign? Will you guys keep working on it? Do you have any plans regarding later uniforms for factions, better AI etc

Keep up the great work
    Last edited by Lord Davn; June 12, 2020 at 11:54 AM.

Lord Davn's Avatar Senator

Default Re: Future of Single Player

We will continue to support the SP Campaign with updates as necessary. Later period uniforms are probably not going to happen as we are focused on developing the Egyptian & Italian campaigns with Classic Battle stats, units and uniforms for future NTW3 releases. The AI is what it is, you can try Bran Mc Born's NTW3 v8.8 mod for a different experience: https://www.twcenter.net/forums/show...gn-AI-Settings

Thank you for the reply and Shame about the uniforms but I’m hyped for some more single player updates, so thank you would love to do the other campaigns.
    Last edited by Lord Davn; June 13, 2020 at 09:38 AM.

airborne guy's Avatar Domesticus

No new uniforms for the SP Campaign mod? So why the heck did you put all those into your MP arena and not use them for the SP as well?????

The MP Classic Battle mod and 1805 European & Ottoman campaigns are different versions of the NTW3 mod. The campaign games were developed from earlier NTW3 mods and would require significant changes to bring them up to the current CB mod. Best to leave well enough alone and develop the Egypt & Italy campaigns based on the current mod that is MP compatible.

Hi Lord Davn,

I have a few questions:

1.) If I understand correctly, the SP European campaign has the full updates regarding diplomacy, victory conditions, recruitment times, missions, unit stats, battle maps...?

2.) What it lacks are only the uniforms post 1805?

3.) Are the SP unit stats and battle characteristics the same as in CB?

4.) Can you please explain the difference between the CB mod and the SP in terms of battle behaviours and stats?

5.) You mention that Russia and Austria do not declare war on the Ottomans to focus on France. But what if the Ottomans declare war on Russia or Austria? Can the human player controlling Russia or Austria declare war on the Ottomans?

6.) I intend to use Brans AI mod. How does it affect the SP mod and battle behaviour?

Thanks in advance for your tremendous effort.
    Last edited by Lord Davn; January 25, 2021 at 09:36 AM.
    Frei zu sein, bedarf ist wenig, nur wer frei ist, ist ein König.

Current Hotseat:
    Britannia: The Isles of Chaos

Quote Originally Posted by Der Böse Wolf View Post
    Hi Lord Davn, I have a few questions:
    1.) Everything has been updated in the NTW3 mod except the battle maps. That may be done in the future to add more variety to the campaign battles.

2.) I do not work on the uniforms, Lord Fullin did provide us with some time period uniforms but unfortunately he did not complete all of them.

3.) No, the campaign stats are from an earlier NTW3 mod version that are more suitable for the AI to use in the campaign battles.

4.) The CB stats are optimized for Multi-Player battles while the SP stats are designed for the above (#3)

5.) No we placed diplomatic restrictions on all three of them so the Austrians and Russians focus on the French. CA hard coded the Ottomans to declare war on the Austrians at the start of the 1805 campaign which was not historically accurate. The Ottomans are not active in the 1805 European campaign but we did make a sub mod for the three of them to engage each other. https://www.twcenter.net/forums/show...fo-for-players

6.) Best to read Brans post on his update for the NTW3 campaign: https://www.twcenter.net/forums/show...gn-AI-Settings