Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Representing the diarchy: the two kings of Sparta

Default Re: Representing the diarchy: the two kings of Sparta

And here is a sneak peak of the overall change of the family tree. What I wanted was to give even more gravity to the non playable royal line and possibly allow a degree of managing or at least knowing its members better. And of course....Herakles! The bloodline of both kings will lead all the way back to Herakles. It's almost done btw. The red wreath on the portraits means different political party.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20201021214657_1.jpg 
Views:	18 
Size:	204.7 KB 
ID:	362818

But I have a question now. I experimented with changing the playable party from Agiads to Eurypontids (since the latter seem a lot more active militarily during the period) but then the party leader of the Agiads doesn't become Pleistoanax but his son Pausanias.

Is there a way to pick a different party leader for non playable parties? Gravitas or ambition doesn't seem to affect the game's decision of who the party leader should be.
    Last edited by Athanasios55; October 22, 2020 at 12:53 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by valerius karamanus View Post
    Jake's suggestion may work. But I still hold on to belief that it is simpler to spot a party leader and give trait to him by cdir.

Here is a quick template I prepared for you. Feel free to tinker with it. Pretty sure it works but I'm afraid I can't test it thoroughly due to my tight final schedule.
    https://www.mediafire.com/file/u33wf754j59uw5v/@%21test_cdir.pack/file

Also check this great beginner guide to cdir by davidlallen.
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...s-and-dilemmas
    I am really interested in seeing this but it doesn't load anymore....anybody got it somewhere? Also for the OP, did you ever get all this working? I would love to see your work. I am trying to do a very similar thing for an expanded/historical Sparta for the GC.

Is there still interest around here? Just yesterday I found a way to disable cursus honorum for the secondary king! Although this method will affect party leaders of all factions that are monarchies no biggie

Now all that is left is achieve giving the trait to the new secondary king when the character is politician and not necessarily general. Let's hope this will be tackled eventually

After this I will need to move on to how to represent democracies and their constant elections

@formulapower1 send me a pm if you want

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123