Thread: Elite Dangerous: Odyssey [Space legs announced]

Souron's Avatar Civis

Default Elite Dangerous: Odyssey [Space legs announced]

One of my other passions other than modding Total War is flying around in elite dangerous and blowing stuff up. and i will be honest i never thought it would happen but today we got the announcement a lot of the player base had been waiting for!

SPACE LEGS BABYYYYYYY!

Arriving early 2021

Disembark, Commander, and leave your mark on the galaxy in Elite Dangerous: Odyssey. Explore distant worlds on foot and expand the frontier of known space. Be the first to step out onto countless unique planets as you discover land untouched since time began. Elite Dangerous: Odyssey invites you to become a true pioneer.

One Giant Leap

See the galaxy like never before. Touch down on breathtaking planets powered by stunning new tech, soak in suns rising over unforgettable vistas, discover outposts and settlements, and explore with unrestricted freedom.

Forge Your Own Path

Take on a wide variety of contracts and play your way, from diplomacy and commerce to lethal stealth and all-out combat. Diverse settings, objectives, and NPCs offer endless mission variety and a near infinite amount of content to enjoy.

Assemble Your Crew

Social hubs spread throughout the galaxy give Commanders the ideal place to plan their next move. Form alliances, procure services, and even find expert support in highly coveted Engineers. These public outposts also help you acquire and upgrade weapons and gear to perfect your playing style.

The Sphere of Combat

Experience intense first-person combat, kit out your character with an array of weapons and gear, and coordinate with teammates to master a multi-layered, deep, tactical environment where Commanders, SRVs and Starships converge.

I legitimatly cannot wait for this to be released and maybe this is just the ULTRA elite dangerous fan in me but if they manage to pull this off i fear it will be the last nail in the star citizen coffin.

i need to go lay down jeez
    Last edited by Souron; June 04, 2020 at 01:13 AM.

Taking Thrones of Britannia back to pre-roman Britian

alhoon's Avatar Comes Rei Militaris
    took an arrow to the knee

Default Re: Elite Dangerous: Odyssey [Space legs announced]

Ehh... what exactly is Odyssey?
    alhoon is not a member of the infamous Hoons: a (fictional) nazi-sympathizer KKK clan. Of course, no Hoon would openly admit affiliation to the uninitiated.
    "Angry Uncle Gordon" describes me well.

Souron's Avatar Civis

Default Re: Elite Dangerous: Odyssey [Space legs announced]

Quote Originally Posted by alhoon View Post
    Ehh... what exactly is Odyssey?
    Odyssey will be the second big expansion to the base game of elite dangerous. the first being Horizons that allowed players to land on planets and introduced plansetside missions. Odyssey will be now allowing the player to walk around on planets (inside ships not confirmed) and also introduces atmospheric planets.

This is Huge for elite because until now we have all been surgically attatched to the pilots seat and and only opportunity of gameplay outside of our ships was to drive a rover on planetary surfaces. my hope is that it will not be 100% combat oriented and it will allow us to walk around stations and our ships but we dont know much yet about it.

i will add some info above directly from the website about it.
    Last edited by Souron; June 04, 2020 at 01:26 AM.

Taking Thrones of Britannia back to pre-roman Britian