Thread: [Update] Update Tracker & Patch Notes

Souron's Avatar Civis

Default [Update] Update Tracker & Patch Notes

MOD TRACKERS & PATCH NOTES
    This thread will be used to update on the mods progress with patch notes along with tracking on stages
    Mod Progress Tracker
    Research: Includes historical research, concept art, names, quotes, lore, general ideas etc
    Intended Level: None/Low/Average/In-depth
    Percentage Completed: None/Small/Average/High/Ready

3D Units\Buildings & Animation: Includes new or modification of existing 3D models, skins, animation etc
    Intended to use: Vanilla/Few Editions/Some Editions/Many Editions/All New

DB Editing: Includes editing of DB values in various DB tables of the game. Like, addition of new units, balancing of unit stats, morale, upkeep, accuracy of missile units, new buildings & building trees. And certain misc changes like change of whether effects etc.
    Intended Complexity Level: Basic/Average/Advanced

Startpos Editing: Includes modification that involves things like turn times, army sizes, where they're positioned & where settlements are positioned.
    Intended Complexity Level: Basic/Average/Advanced

Mapping: Includes modification of campaign map & new battle maps for custom battles. It also includes complete map overhaul (supported in Total War Shogun II), like implementation of new provinces, change of locations or an entire new map etc.
    Intended Complexity Level: low

Campaign Mechanics: Includes DB editing pertaining to any campaign map mechanics like faction diplomacy, technologies, character traits\ancillaries, settlements, income modifiers, buildings etc.
    Intended to use: Vanilla/Edited Vanilla/Borrowed/Edited Borrowed/New

Scripting: Includes any lua scripting that your mod might have to modify an existing feature or implement a complete new one.
    Intended to use: None/Basic/Advanced

2D Art: Includes UI cards, interface, banners, misc textures etc
    Intended to use: Vanilla/Few Editions/Some Editions/Many Editions/All New

AI: Includes any modification affecting the behaviour of CAI (Campaign AI) & BAI (Battle AI). Modification of AI is very limited though there are some possibilties to affect its behaviour by tweaking some things like recruitment priorities and overarching modifiers in NTW. In shogun 2, we have things like faction behaviour based on profiles like super aggressive, loves diplomacy, unique & individual recruitment, tech and building priorities which overall affects the CAI behaviour.
    Intended to use: None/Few Editions/Some Editions

SFX\Music: Includes modification of existing in game sound effects and addition of new soundtracks\music in the game.
    Intended to use: Vanilla/Edited Vanilla/New
    Percentage Completed: None /Small/Average/High/Ready

Taking Thrones of Britannia back to pre-roman Britian

Souron's Avatar Civis

Default Re: [Update] Update Tracker & Patch Notes

Update To Test Version 0.3

CHANGELOG

- Archers temporarily removed from tribal rosters
    - First edition of slingers added into the mod and added to custom battle rosters
    - Remained of factions added into custom battles with full BASIC roster (this still requires balancing tests so let me know if you have any feedback) and make sure to use the arrow keys on your keyboard to use the factions that are off the screen

INFO
    For all the people trying this mod for the first time here is just a little progress on the mod up until this point

All of the info you are about to read cnan also be found on the steam workshop and moddb page but i felt it would be a good idea to list a couple of things here for the benefit of people looking to try this mod out.

to start with the mod was completly scrapped a few months back and i began work on it again from the ground up due to some key bugs in some of the changes i made and some silly backing up practices leading to a loss in progress. Overall the restart has actually led to a lot of positive changes for the mod and a slightly new direction. the first iteration of the campaign is now aiming to be set some time before the roman invasion of britian. and to have the scripted norman conquest be transformed into the roman invasion attempt. some players have expressed thier desire to play as rome in the campaign and i am working it through in my head how i want to go about this.

Currently available
    in the mod is the beginnings of the custom/multiplayer battle module with some very basic UI changes and the implementation of a base roster for all the factions. i want to make it clear the units you are seeing in game are currently only the core set and i plan to make custom unique units for each faction in game depending on where they are located at the start of the game. and it likely the base set will change anyhow. a side note the romans currently available in custom battles are not a representation to thier final form in the campaign. they will however more than likely remain available in the custom battles for variety.

In the future
    I plan to ofcourse release a campaign with a 61 playable factions but as im sure many of you know this is a lot of work. i am currently looking for an artist to join the project to help with Ui elements and flags if anyone becomes interested in this project. so if thats you hit me up!

Known Bugs
    - Slingers are not actually holding slingers. all of the animations are perfect it just seems like i cannot currently get the model to show. will be working on that one

Screenshots from latest patch
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Download for patch 0.3
    STEAM
    MODDB

Souron's Avatar Civis

Update - 26/05/2020

Hi there all.

this updates introduces some small changes to some units along with adding a new "buff" unit into the game for the tribal factions.

all available in the urrent build on steam

ROMAN UNITS
    Now have acess to Pilum on charge and also can use testudo formation.

SCREENSHOTS

CARNYX WAR HORN
    This new unit added in gives tribal factions a buff unit consisting of an officer, standard bearer and 4 warhorn holders. eventually i would love to add custom audio for these that play consistantly during combat but for now they do not. the idea behind this unit is to give the player and active feature to benefit or hunder them if not contained or utalised properly on the battlefield. they have access to a selection of friendly buffs and enemy taunts and will need to be protected or targeted depending.

they are by no means however finsihed and the model used currently is only placeholder until i can get a proper model made for it.

SCREENSHOTS

Example of what they MIGHT have sounded like
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EOR7VKcSb9k

Hope you guys like

Souron's Avatar Civis

Update 30/05/2020

- Slight tweak to slinger damage
    - slingers reduced in unit size to keep in line with other units
    - Skyclad units armour tweaks & special frenzy ability
    - Romans given New square formation
    - Romans given catapult as a temporary battle weapon
    - First wave of factions flags added

Souron's Avatar Civis

[Update] 06/06/2020

Hi All,

just a quick update that there wont be a significant update for a few weeks because i am going to be moving apartments soon and need to arrange a fair bit and get settled in. updates will resume soon!

Souron's Avatar Civis

Hi All,

Apologies for the lack of updates the last couple of weeks. its been a little busy here with the move and work. to be honest the question that most people ask me about the mod is about the romans being playable and i fully understand that.

Work will begin again on the mod in a week or so if all goes well and i think i might have to create a poll for the roman question. if i am being honest when i first started making the mod i had it in my mind that it would be really cool if the game had the romans replace the norman invasion in game and it would be a substantle threat to the players established kingdom in the late game era. but i do understand the desire for the romans to be a playable faction in the campaign. so yeah a poll will probs have to take place.

I want to also explore the possibilities of maybe releasing two different campaigns one with it how it how i intended and one with the romans having just landed. its certainly do-able but will be a lot more work.

appreciate all your guys feedback so far

Also in some other slightly conserning news. CA have decided to remove the old launcher for the game which could cause some issues for the progress of the mod. For some time now modders have had to use the old launcher when modding due to the new one being incapable to compiling startpos files. i have tested my working file and it seems to be compiling properly but i am unsure how it will react when i start editing tables again.

only time will tell on that front