Thread: People of Rome 2 compatibility

Default People of Rome 2 compatibility

So, I'm interested in adding the population system from the script compatible version of P++ to this mod, the thing is, I have low-to-none experience in total war modding, anyone willing to help me out? How would it be done?, simply through PFM?, Is it feasible?

Jake Armitage's Avatar Artifex
    Patrician

Default Re: People of Rome 2 compatibility

It's not that easy.
    1) I have no idea if the vanilla P++ has entries for the hellenic map, probably yes (DeI has it btw)
    2) You'll have to set the recruit number (how many pop and what class are you taking for each unit) since I think that hellenika has many new units
    3) Probably balance the regional starting population and the pop effects

So, yes, it is surely feasible and would require time more than skills.
    Understanding the process is not that hard but keep in mind that you must pay attention to every character you put inside a script. Just a single error will bug everything.
    Also, I'm pretty sure that the downloadable version of hellenika has some bugs here and there. For example many units that should be recruitable through technologies lack db entries

Btw, have you tried to simply use the vanilla p++? I can't remember exactly but hellenika's script shouldn't external but directly linked to the campaign.