Page 80 of 141 FirstFirst ... 3055707172737475767778798081828384858687888990105130 ... LastLast
Results 1,581 to 1,600 of 2813

Thread: Death of George Floyd and Subsequent Riots.

Vanoi's Avatar Dux Limitis
    Civitate

Default Re: Death of George Floyd and Subsequent Riots.

Looks like Wisconsin will be volatile for while. Cops are probably lucky Jacob didn't die.

swabian's Avatar igni ferroque

Quote Originally Posted by Cope View Post
    If you have evidence that the police knew or should have known that Floyd was physiologically compromised by a variety of serious preexisting conditions (as outlined by the autopsy), please present it.
    Floyd told the officers that he is struggling for breath about a dozen times... you're in denial man. Amusing to observe, but also frustrating and a little disturbing.

Floyd also did in no way pose a threat or a physical challenge that required more than one officer to handle it with one arm. He said he's not resisting many times, he didn't attack anyone. All he did was tensing up a little when they tried to put him in the backseat. They then dragged him out again and proceeded to kneel on him completely needlessly. I end this discussion as i understand that there is no penetrating your circular system of denial with reason and logic.

Quote Originally Posted by swabian View Post
    Floyd told the officers that he is struggling for breath about a dozen times... you're in denial man. Amusing to observe, but also frustrating and a little disturbing.
    Floyd was complaining of being unable to breathe before he was restrained on the road (which he requested). Given his physical characteristics and behaviour (some of which was relayed by the 9-11 caller), it is likely that the police believed that Floyd was suffering a drug-induced panic attack, or, as was suggested by one officer, ExDS.

Floyd also did in no way pose a threat or a physical challenge that required more than one officer to handle it with one arm. He said he's not resisting many times, he didn't attack anyone. All he did was tensing up a little when they tried to put him in the backseat. They then dragged him out again and proceeded to kneel on him completely needlessly.
    Posing a physical challenge does not imply that he posed a physical threat to the safety of the officers, although if they believed Floyd was suffering from ExDS then they may reasonably have concluded differently.

I end this discussion as i understand that there is no penetrating your circular system of denial with reason and logic.
    Perhaps you should be accusing the "progressive firebrand" Keith Ellison of engaging in a "circular system of denial" since not even he accepts your unsubstantiated premise that Floyd's death constituted a self-evident and irrefutable incident of Murder in the First Degree.
    Last edited by Cope; September 07, 2020 at 01:18 AM.

No, i didn't say it is undeniable, i said explicitly "in my opinion". What i deem to be irrefutable is that it's at least 2nd degree murder. You're only halfway aware of my position. Again, i have no patience for this nonsense.

B. W.'s Avatar Primicerius

Looter get shot in WI. This is what happens when the police withdraw and people have to protect their own property. Literally war in the streets:

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2...kenosha-riots/

Quote Originally Posted by B. W. View Post
    Looter get shot in WI. This is what happens when the police withdraw and people have to protect their own property. Literally war in the streets:

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2...kenosha-riots/
    Yes, it is unacceptable and actually infuriating during these perilous times. The calls for "defunding police" is especially outrageous, since that is what likely contributes the most to officers being overwhelmed. Racism and criminal energy in individuals like Chauvin are then of course tipping the scale.

No, i didn't say it is undeniable, i said explicitly "in my opinion". What i deem to be irrefutable is that it's at least 2nd degree murder. You're only halfway aware of my position. Again, i have no patience for this nonsense.
    You didn't even know what the standards for Murder in the Second Degree were until I told you. You then went onto compare Floyd's death to a chainsaw slaughtering, a point I have also addressed.

Your belief that the Floyd case (in which "no life-threatening injuries were identified") is analogous to a homicide caused by the infliction of "chainsaw" wounds speaks for itself.

Sir Adrian's Avatar the Imperishable

2nd degree murder implies intent. Where do you see intent in that video. What exactly was the plan there? "Imma murder this meth dealer I caught live on camera and do 20 years jail time, as a cop"?
    Under the patronage of Pie the Inkster Click here to find a hidden gem on the forum!

Quote Originally Posted by Settra View Post
    2nd degree murder implies intent. Where do you see intent in that video. What exactly was the plan there? "Imma murder this meth dealer I caught live on camera and do 20 years jail time, as a cop"?

https://www.wpxi.com/news/trending/h...KXVRX4B7DE5FQ/

Under the heading of unintentional murders, a person can be charged with second-degree murder if that person causes the death of a human being, without intent, while committing or attempting to commit a felony offense other than criminal sexual conduct in the first or second degree with force or violence or a drive-by shooting.

A person also can be charged if a death is caused without intent “while intentionally inflicting or attempting to inflict bodily harm upon the victim, when the perpetrator is restrained under an order for protection.”

A person convicted of second-degree murder may be sentenced to prison for up to 40 years, according to state statutes.

Charges for third-degree murder also involve intent.

Floyd is being charged (I believe) under subdivision 2, paragraph 1 of the statute. This refers to unintentional homicides which occur during the commission of a felony (ie. felony murder).

Whoever does either of the following is guilty of unintentional murder in the second degree and may be sentenced to imprisonment for not more than 40 years:
    (1) causes the death of a human being, without intent to effect the death of any person, while committing or attempting to commit a felony offense other than criminal sexual conduct in the first or second degree with force or violence or a drive-by shooting.
    Technically this "implies intent" to commit a crime, but not to kill.
    Last edited by Cope; August 26, 2020 at 12:57 PM.

And what felony was being committed there?
    Under the patronage of Pie the Inkster Click here to find a hidden gem on the forum!

Has been pointed out by many people, 'tis not only me. But reading the comments of others for you is "digging through trash". No wonder your platitudes still smell so bad, you need to get digging.

Nice way of misrepresenting what I said. The Washington Post is the trash, and I have no desire to dig though it to prove something that has been posted 20 times. Though if you associate the word trash with comments...

Anyway, enough small talk. You were telling me about the felony that was committed on camera.
    Last edited by Sir Adrian; August 26, 2020 at 02:05 PM.

They have been posted here at least 20 times, you are free to look. I won't go digging through trash for you.

saxdude's Avatar Vicarius Provinciae

Hope the protesters start arming themselves, yeesh.

Quote Originally Posted by saxdude View Post
    Hope the protesters start arming themselves, yeesh.
    Protestors were armed, just soft.

I hope that kid that defended himself against communist mob in Wisconsin gets successfully acquitted on grounds of self-defense.

Quote Originally Posted by Heathen Hammer View Post
    I hope that kid that defended himself against communist mob in Wisconsin gets successfully acquitted on grounds of self-defense.
    We don't know the full circumstances yet. Apparently, he appears to have shot another protester prior to having been chased down.

Vanoi's Avatar Dux Limitis
    Civitate

Quote Originally Posted by Heathen Hammer View Post
    Just like James Fields right?

Anyway, enough small talk. You were telling me about the felony that was committed on camera.
    Ellison is alleging (under Count I):
    "namely assault in the third degree"

609.223 ASSAULT IN THE THIRD DEGREE.
    §Subdivision 1.Substantial bodily harm. Whoever assaults another and inflicts substantial bodily harm may be sentenced to imprisonment for not more than five years or to payment of a fine of not more than $10,000, or both.

Amended complaint:
    https://web.archive.org/web/20200603...nt06032020.pdf

MN statute:
    https://www.revisor.mn.gov/statutes/cite/609.223
    Last edited by Infidel144; August 26, 2020 at 04:04 PM.