Page 8 of 141 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617183358108 ... LastLast

Thread: Death of George Floyd and Subsequent Riots.

Default Re: Death of George Floyd and Subsequent Riots.

It's depressing but not surprising here that so many people condone violence when it's perceived as politically expedient to them. Thank goodness for the 2A.

‘We don’t have law and order’: Black and Latino business owners face destruction in Minneapolis

“I don’t see the government. I don’t see the power,” said Elmi, 55, as he sat in his car trying to avoid the acrid air.

East Lake Street on the city’s south side has become a haven for minority-owned businesses, particularly African and Latino immigrant entrepreneurs who managed to thrive in this progressive Midwest city. Across the street from Elmi’s restaurant, the first floor of the historic Midtown Exchange, built in 1928, was transformed over the past decade into Midtown Global Market, a modern bazaar featuring an organic produce market and craft brewery alongside African art and Scandinavian pastries — a nod to the area’s early settlers.

Some tried to protect their businesses against looting by taping messages of solidarity in their windows, including “African owned business” and “We support our small diverse and minority businesses.” But those windows were broken overnight, too, leaving security guards sweeping up the shattered glass Friday.

He noticed that even East Lake Street’s mainstays were looted, including Ingebretsen’s, a Nordic bakery and meat market where residents line up at Christmas to buy lutefisk, pinnekjott, and yulecake. Elmi and his restaurant supplier, Mohammoud Abdi, said the damage reminded them of their youth in Somalia, where they watched militants roam and the government lose control of the country.

“We don’t have law and order,” said Abdi, 47. “This is not helpful to George’s family.”

https://www.latimes.com/world-nation...to-destruction
    This cannot persist much longer. Either public safety will be restored, or these communities face a breakdown of civil order.
    Of these facts there cannot be any shadow of doubt: for instance, that civil society was renovated in every part by Christian institutions; that in the strength of that renewal the human race was lifted up to better things-nay, that it was brought back from death to life, and to so excellent a life that nothing more perfect had been known before, or will come to be known in the ages that have yet to be. - Pope Leo XIII

Mithradates's Avatar Domesticus

RedGuard's Avatar Protector Domesticus

he said this after Charlottesville too and nothing happened.

almost like Trump is a world class ter and people still take him at his word

Campidoctor

I have always wished for this. And now that it finally happened; that the US wrecks itself away, I wish nothing more than the US to be stable once again. Ironic. It is the only noteworthy challenger of China. In that sense, Trump is right. China needs to be held responsible for all the atrocicties it has done. But the US has its issues, the President, and all these protests, just being a mirror of it, just like the people that voted him into office in the first place. Biden is no better alternative. So what is? The US has to clean itself first. Let's see where this will go on from here on. This'll be one interesting decade, I assure you.
    Last edited by Derc; May 31, 2020 at 04:44 PM.

Being anti-fascist is now banned, but white-supremacy is fine?

Wow. What an idiotic country. So, so glad I don't live there...

Offf...man...what should the communities do?

Seems protesting good and acceptable once, uhh....they realize what the next step is.

One thing is for certain: the more profoundly baffled you have been in your life, the more open your mind becomes to new ideas.
    -Neil deGrasse Tyson

Let's think the unthinkable, let's do the undoable. Let us prepare to grapple with the ineffable itself, and see if we may not eff it after all.

It's clear that the rioting doesn't have much to do with the protests. The actual protesters are the ones cleaning the streets after the rioters or the ones trying to stop the them.

The Armenian Issue

Quote Originally Posted by RedGuard View Post
    he said this after Charlottesville too and nothing happened.

almost like Trump is a world class ter and people still take him at his word
    The death toll from your little George Floyd revolution has dwarfed the Charlotesville death toll by 500%. As if your arguments are not those of a tankie who gleefully revels in the deaths of filthy capitalists so that the workers of the world may unite and overthrow the evil corporations. Trust me, everyone sees through your arguments and nobody is convinced. Just drop the pretense and wave that red banner of revolution baby. Stop trying to pretend to be reasonable.
    Last edited by Pontifex Maximus; May 31, 2020 at 05:48 PM.

ggggtotalwarrior's Avatar hey it geg

It's clear that the rioting doesn't have much to do with the protests. The actual protesters are the ones cleaning the streets after the rioters or the ones trying to stop the them.
    Which is once again why I think it’s moronic to post in support of armed riots that involve burning down and looting black neighborhoods but according to some not support violence shows that one actually doesn’t care about people’s lives lmao
    Last edited by ggggtotalwarrior; May 31, 2020 at 06:00 PM.
    Rep me and I'll rep you back.

UNDER THE PATRONAGE OF THE KING POSTER AKAR

It more depends on the city. Houston has managed to avoid riots. New Jersey has managed to avoid riots. Detroit has managed to avoid riots, mostly. Of course, these are cities wherein the police are actually marching with the protesters. One might notice the difference, of course.
    One thing is for certain: the more profoundly baffled you have been in your life, the more open your mind becomes to new ideas.
    -Neil deGrasse Tyson

Let's think the unthinkable, let's do the undoable. Let us prepare to grapple with the ineffable itself, and see if we may not eff it after all.

caratacus's Avatar Primicerius

Looting continues in Philadelphia
    https://twitter.com/i/status/1267207195831173120

The scale of this is shocking. These people think that the death of one black guy by a police officer in another state, entitles them to large scale theft and damage to property.

Quote Originally Posted by PointOfViewGun View Post

I do note that the majority of all those folk in this video cleaning up, are white. I guess they aren't as angry or very guilty about what they did the night before.

Rioting going on in Santa Monica of all places, shops being looted and burned.
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Last edited by caratacus; May 31, 2020 at 07:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Pontifex Maximus View Post
    The death toll from your little George Floyd revolution has dwarfed the Charlotesville death toll by 500%. As if your arguments are not those of a tankie who gleefully revels in the deaths of filthy capitalists so that the workers of the world may unite and overthrow the evil corporations. Trust me, everyone sees through your arguments and nobody is convinced. Just drop the pretense and wave that red banner of revolution baby. Stop trying to pretend to be reasonable.
    Well if the US could train it's police properly so they don't kill unarmed civilians ( and dogs) for no reason, then the inevitable consquences of such lawlessness can be minimised.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaidin View Post
    It more depends on the city. Houston has managed to avoid riots. New Jersey has managed to avoid riots. Detroit has managed to avoid riots, mostly. Of course, these are cities wherein the police are actually marching with the protesters. One might notice the difference, of course.
    This....
    Last edited by mongrel; May 31, 2020 at 07:39 PM.
    Absolutley Barking, Mudpit Mutt Former Patron: Garbarsardar

"Out of the crooked tree of humanity,no straight thing can be made." Immanuel Kant
    "Oh Yeah? What about a cricket bat? That's pretty straight. Just off the top of my head..." Al Murray, Pub Landlord.

B. W.'s Avatar Primicerius

It appears that leftist writers have a completely different view of the looters when they show up at his own doorstep:

https://www.breitbart.com/sports/202...-neighborhood/

"It's cool if they burn down the inner city but not when they come to my gated community, then I'm going to equate them with animals"

Quote Originally Posted by ggggtotalwarrior View Post
    "It's cool if they burn down the inner city but not when they come to my gated community, then I'm going to equate them with animals"
    Well, you know how those white supremacists are...
    Speaking of which:
    2 white supremacist outsiders arrested and charge for throwing a molotov cocktail into a police car:

https://www.nydailynews.com/new-york...bzi-story.html

<or something like that>
    Last edited by Infidel144; May 31, 2020 at 08:43 PM.

Honestly were I a white supremacist race riots like these would be a dream come true: A white supremacist would be able to trash and destroy inner city neighborhoods and terrorize minority business owners with impunity and then to top it off blame it all on BLM and harm the likelihood of moderates and other minority groups being willing to support the movement. It's definitely already happening when you look at how many white people are partaking in the looting/rioting.

Quote Originally Posted by ggggtotalwarrior View Post
    Honestly were I a white supremacist race riots like these would be a dream come true: A white supremacist would be able to trash and destroy inner city neighborhoods and terrorize minority business owners with impunity and then to top it off blame it all on BLM and harm the likelihood of moderates and other minority groups being willing to support the movement. It's definitely already happening when you look at how many white people are partaking in the looting/rioting.
    I more wondering when the cognitive dissonance between the two sets of excuses for the rioting, looting and mayhem is going to come to a head...

Mmm, all white people are white supremacists now? A tad racist.
    Absolutley Barking, Mudpit Mutt Former Patron: Garbarsardar

"Out of the crooked tree of humanity,no straight thing can be made." Immanuel Kant
    "Oh Yeah? What about a cricket bat? That's pretty straight. Just off the top of my head..." Al Murray, Pub Landlord.

Lol because's that is absolutely the takeaway from what I said of course. Someone with the ability to think rationally would of course come away with that idea. I wasn't at all simply implying that of the many, many white people also participating in these acts, that there was most definitely some white supremacists mixed in.

But when a ton of white people are participating in looting a black neighborhood, it's quite possible some are taking advantage of an opportunity they'd otherwise not have in the modern era, and this time they can even blame the destruction on the black people inhabiting that area