Page 51 of 141 FirstFirst ... 2641424344454647484950515253545556575859606176101 ... LastLast
Results 1,001 to 1,020 of 2813

Thread: Death of George Floyd and Subsequent Riots.

Default Re: War drums; beating softly for now

Quote Originally Posted by Legio_Italica View Post
    In other words, you’re aware the majority of the public opposes cutting police budgets, and you don’t like it, so you cherry pick polls from the source I provided in order to muddy the waters.

The polls you cherry picked ask if police funds should be reallocated to things like officer training and community programs. Hence when people were asked if they want to “reduce the budget of the police department in your community” to fund community programs, housing and education,” aka “defund the police,” 60% of people said no.
    At least in the US there are observable trends of police brutality and mass incarcerations; in the UK, liberals and leftists are having to gaslight the country into believing there is racialized police violence problem in order to rationalize their support for the BLM agenda (only 13 black people have died in state custody in the UK over the last 10 years). And this comes after the left spent the better part of five years insisting that more police funding and a drastic increase in officer numbers would reduce rates of violent (particularly knife related) crime. It goes without saying that their present support for the "defund" narrative - itself little more than a simplistic anti-cop slogan - is insidiously hypocritical.

Though frankly I'm less concerned about BLM's objectives than I am about the Stalinism which encompasses it. Almost anyone scrutinizing, investigating, criticizing or contradicting the movement risks immediate ejection from polite society. Watching frightened liberals uncritically prostrate themselves at the feet of this corporate backed, American grievance campaign is beyond tragic. So in the same week as a man is convicted of a hate crime for calling someone a "leprechaun" in Scotland, it is now no exaggeration to claim that free speech, free inquiry and scepticism have bent the knee to this institutionalized quasi-religious victim culture.
    Last edited by Cope; June 24, 2020 at 08:22 PM.

Indefinitely Banned

Default Re: Death of George Floyd and Subsequent Riots.

Automatic gunfire, snipers and deaths in North Carolina; the Revolution and bloodletting has commenced with gusto.
    A fourth person has died at a local hospital as a result of the mass shooting that occurred at a multi-day block party on Beatties Ford Road in Charlotte. Nearly 200 shots were fired into a crowd of over 400 people early Monday, according to Charlotte-Mecklenburg Police.

Read more here: https://www.charlotteobserver.com/ne...#storylink=cpy
    Source: https://www.charlotteobserver.com/ne...243759187.html

In the vid inside the link you can hear automatic gunfire and screams. 15 police officers have been injured.

Meanwhile, the white elites sit comfortably away from the riots and death outside.
    Last edited by Exarch; June 25, 2020 at 03:51 AM.

Vanoi's Avatar Dux Limitis
    Civitate

In other words, you’re aware the majority of the public opposes cutting police budgets, and you don’t like it, so you cherry pick polls from the source I provided in order to muddy the waters.
    Actually your own source shows majority support in one of the polls cited in the article. The one you left out on purpose.

You could have easily quoted all of the polls in the article but you didn't. Only one muddying the waters here is you.

The polls you cherry picked ask if police funds should be reallocated to things like officer training and community programs. Hence when people were asked if they want to “reduce the budget of the police department in your community” to fund community programs, housing and education,” aka “defund the police,” 60% of people said no.
    Like this one?

For instance, when Reuters/Ipsos queried people about “proposals to move some money currently going to police budgets into better officer training, local programs for homelessness, mental health assistance, and domestic violence,” a whopping 76 percent of people who were familiar with those proposals supported them, with only 22 percent opposed. Democrats and independents supported these proposals in huge numbers while Republicans were split, 51 percent in favor to 47 percent opposed.
    Your own source says otherwise.

Quote Originally Posted by Vanoi View Post
    Actually your own source shows majority support in one of the polls cited in the article. The one you left out on purpose.

You could have easily quoted all of the polls in the article but you didn't. Only one muddying the waters here is you.

Like this one?

Your own source says otherwise.
    I’ll consider your repetition of the same objectively false assertions confirmation that you have no argument or substance to add, save to allege some sort of dishonesty or hypocrisy to muddy the waters and deflect from the fact that the majority of the public opposes cutting police budgets.

Of course the majority of people also support “better officer training and local programs.” Sounds familiar:
    The Attorney General shall, in consultation with the Secretary of Health and Human Services as appropriate, identify and develop opportunities to train law enforcement officers with respect to encounters with individuals suffering from impaired mental health, homelessness, and addiction; to increase the capacity of social workers working directly with law enforcement agencies; and to provide guidance regarding the development and implementation of co-responder programs, which involve social workers or other mental health professionals working alongside law enforcement officers so that they arrive and address situations together. The Attorney General and the Secretary of Health and Human Services shall prioritize resources, as appropriate and consistent with applicable law, to support such opportunities.

The Secretary of Health and Human Services shall, in coordination with the Attorney General and the Director of the Office of Management and Budget, prioritize resources, as appropriate and consistent with applicable law, to implement community-support models as recommended in the report described in subsection (c) of this section.

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/don...icing-n1231185
    No one would suggest that because the White House will incentivize communities to allocate resources “into better officer training, local programs for homelessness, mental health assistance, and domestic violence” Trump is therefore in favor of defunding police. Conflating the two is neither useful nor factual.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cope
    Though frankly I'm less concerned about BLM's objectives than I am about the Stalinism which encompasses it. Almost anyone scrutinizing, investigating, criticizing or contradicting the movement risks immediate ejection from polite society. Watching frightened liberals uncritically prostrate themselves at the feet of this corporate backed, American grievance campaign is beyond tragic. So in the same week as a man is convicted of a hate crime for calling someone a "leprechaun" in Scotland, it is now no exaggeration to claim that free speech, free inquiry and scepticism have bent the knee to this institutionalized quasi-religious victim culture.
    I agree the fallout from the protests is a matter unto itself. The push to redefine civil rights or social justice as a matter of racial grievance and righting wrongs through various forms of enforced penance is nothing new, but has increasingly become the tail that wags the dog.
    Last edited by Lord Thesaurian; June 25, 2020 at 09:58 AM.
    Of these facts there cannot be any shadow of doubt: for instance, that civil society was renovated in every part by Christian institutions; that in the strength of that renewal the human race was lifted up to better things-nay, that it was brought back from death to life, and to so excellent a life that nothing more perfect had been known before, or will come to be known in the ages that have yet to be. - Pope Leo XIII

Vanoi's Avatar Dux Limitis
    Civitate

I’ll consider your repetition of the same objectively false assertions confirmation that you have no argument or substance to add, save to allege some sort of dishonesty or hypocrisy to muddy the waters and deflect from the fact that the majority of the public opposes cutting police budget
    You purposely left out those polls to try and claim most people don't want to defund the police when your own source showed that wasn't true. You are being intentionally dishonest and probably just mad i called you on it. The very fact you continue to ignore my quote shows how dishonest you are. Piss poor debating from you.

I'll just assume you'll parroting the same nonsense claim. You don't have an argument otherwise.

Quote Originally Posted by Vanoi View Post
    You purposely left out those polls to try and claim most people don't want to defund the police when your own source showed that wasn't true. You are being intentionally dishonest and probably just mad i called you on it. The very fact you continue to ignore my quote shows how dishonest you are. Piss poor debating from you.

I'll just assume you'll parroting the same nonsense claim. You don't have an argument otherwise.
    Again, objectively untrue assertions on your part. I quoted and fully addressed the poll you are cherry picking and misconstruing in order to further your intentionally dishonest narrative.
    Of these facts there cannot be any shadow of doubt: for instance, that civil society was renovated in every part by Christian institutions; that in the strength of that renewal the human race was lifted up to better things-nay, that it was brought back from death to life, and to so excellent a life that nothing more perfect had been known before, or will come to be known in the ages that have yet to be. - Pope Leo XIII

B. W.'s Avatar Primicerius

Maybe it just me, but it sure looks like a lot of the "protesters" are college age white kids.

Dear White Americans

Pay bribes in the form of "reparations" to the black populace on the condition that the recipients are shipped back to Africa and get Nigerian passports. Obviously this will amount to a massive one-off expense, but soon enough you will break even through elimination of their tax-based subsidization. The other benefits are numerous: you will drastically curb violent crime, recivilize your inner cities, rid yourselves of the constant whining, riots and looting fueled by tribal ethnonarcissim, envy and victimization complexes, restore political discourse to a level above the pettiness and division of identity politics. Diversity is your weakness, your only weakness, but a cancerous one.

Wish you all the best

Timoleon
    "Blessed is he who learns how to engage in inquiry, with no impulse to hurt his countrymen or to pursue wrongful actions, but perceives the order of the immortal and ageless nature, how it is structured."
    Euripides

"This is the disease of curiosity. It is this which drives to try and discover the secrets of nature, those secrets which are beyond our understanding, which avails us nothing and which man should not wish to learn."
    Augustine

I see nothing wrong with forcing people who never owned slaves to pay "We're sorry" money to people who were never slaves. If anyone disagrees, well, I have a long list of names to call you.

B. W.'s Avatar Primicerius

Quote Originally Posted by Pontifex Maximus View Post
    I see nothing wrong with forcing people who never owned slaves to pay "We're sorry" money to people who were never slaves. If anyone disagrees, well, I have a long list of names to call you.
    Hmmm, one way they could do it would be a one-off tax on the assets of all the academic institutions. Heck, Harvard alone has 40 billion in assets. That's more than 80 of world's poorest countries combined. Of course this would necessitate a pay cut for all those lefty professors. Problem solved!

St Albans Cathedral places painting of the Last Supper with a black Jesus.
    https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...sus-altar.html

Shaun King almighty.

Aexodus's Avatar Persuasion>Coercion
    Blog Entries

The best story was York’s statue of Roman Emperor constantine - crowned in Britain! - being considered for removal.

The other amusing thing that happened recently was Keir Starmer’s rebuke of the BLM organisation for what it really is - an anti police campaign, not an anti racism one. And he’s got all the labour activists angry, it’s beautiful. We might actually have a decent Labour leader this time.

He still did that kneeling thing which was stupid, but I have hope for the UK response to BLM.
    Patronised by Pontifex Maximus
    Quote Originally Posted by Himster View Post
    The trick is to never be honest. That's what this social phenomenon is engineering: publicly conform, or else.

Making what people think to be "smart ass" comments about the current race relations doesn't really validate their positions. It simply enforces the fact that many people are extremely divorced from reality and modern concepts like equity and equality.
    The Armenian Issue

alhoon's Avatar Comes Rei Militaris
    took an arrow to the knee

Quote Originally Posted by PointOfViewGun View Post
    Making what people think to be "smart ass" comments about the current race relations doesn't really validate their positions. It simply enforces the fact that many people are extremely divorced from reality and modern concepts like equity and equality.
    Wow... we completely agree here but I am 100% sure we mean entirely different sides of that divide. But yes, that's my opinion on many slacktivists and people not from USA joining protests about Police Brutality in countries without police brutality.
    alhoon is not a member of the infamous Hoons: a (fictional) nazi-sympathizer KKK clan. Of course, no Hoon would openly admit affiliation to the uninitiated.
    "Angry Uncle Gordon" describes me well.

Ah equity, and equality, the issue, is people have different views of what those things really mean. Even within the left, there isn't a consensus, nor will ever be.

The other amusing thing that happened recently was Keir Starmer’s rebuke of the BLM organisation for what it really is - an anti police campaign, not an anti racism one. And he’s got all the labour activists angry, it’s beautiful. We might actually have a decent Labour leader this time.
    I would argue it has more then that, it has an obvious political ideological agenda under the guise of an anti racist struggle.

St Albans Cathedral places painting of the Last Supper with a black Jesus.
    https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...sus-altar.html

Shaun King almighty.
    What is triggering me on this, is why in the hell a bald Jesus?
    Last edited by Knight of Heaven; June 30, 2020 at 02:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Aexodus View Post
    The best story was York’s statue of Roman Emperor constantine - crowned in Britain! - being considered for removal.
    What reason was given?

Quote Originally Posted by alhoon View Post
    Wow... we completely agree here but I am 100% sure we mean entirely different sides of that divide. But yes, that's my opinion on many slacktivists and people not from USA joining protests about Police Brutality in countries without police brutality.
    Name one country without police brutality?
    The Armenian Issue

Aexodus's Avatar Persuasion>Coercion
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Infidel144 View Post
    What reason was given?
    2000 year old slavery.
    Patronised by Pontifex Maximus
    Quote Originally Posted by Himster View Post
    The trick is to never be honest. That's what this social phenomenon is engineering: publicly conform, or else.

Quote Originally Posted by PointOfViewGun View Post
    Name one country without police brutality?
    At the point where it becomes a problem? lots of countries. Most Western European countries for one.

Iceland, Denmark, and Switzerland come to mind, with zero killings by the police, per 10 million of inhabitants. I think for Iceland 2013 was the only time in recorded history, that ever happened.

Also i would argue, the countries where the protests had more adherence, are the countries with less police brutality in the world, generally speaking.

Meanwhile Venezuela leads the list of Police killings in the world right now. Shocker.
    Last edited by Knight of Heaven; June 30, 2020 at 03:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Aexodus View Post
    2000 year old slavery.
    Cool...
    Hmmm, considering slavery has been rather ubiquitous until relatively recently are there calls for removing other ancient historical figures in Limeyland?

(I've wondering when people here are going to start demanding Indian (American Indian) statues/monuments be removed.)

Edit:
    Hey have the lefty twits been calling for the removal of that Marx statue? He was racist pos...