Page 5 of 141 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314153055105 ... LastLast

Thread: Death of George Floyd and Subsequent Riots.

RedGuard's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Default Re: Death of George Floyd and Subsequent Riots.

noooo! you're not supposed to loot Targets and Walmarts and Sports bars and from liquor stores and guns store entrepreneurs! go after those responsible!

*burns down police station*

Ahem *clears throat*...noooo! your not supposed to(x) when you should (y)!

pure concern trolling.

saxdude's Avatar Vicarius Provinciae

These riots are

bellissimo

ggggtotalwarrior's Avatar hey it geg

Maybe don’t burn down and loot a bunch of buildings in your own neighborhood pretending it’s out of concern for social justice when really you just want an excuse to loot and steal? That’ll sure make people want to invest in making your neighborhood a better and safer place, destroying it. The amount of absurd rationalizations I’m saying here is ridiculous. The guy was literally charged with murder, the system finally actually is kind of working, and we’re going to react to it by burning down a ton of local businesses (not just corporate locations as you falsely try to portray). That’s really a productive use of one’s time rather than getting out to vote (the biggest key IMO), pushing for more oversight of cops and pushing to have local representation in your own law enforcement office.
    Rep me and I'll rep you back.

UNDER THE PATRONAGE OF THE KING POSTER AKAR

invest in making your neighborhood a better and safer place, destroying it
    its almost like your oblivious to the fact many of these neighborhoods already have third world living conditions. Looking like Syria might actually be a step up for some.

irontaino's Avatar Protector Domesticus
    Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by RedGuard View Post
    noooo! you're not supposed to loot Targets and Walmarts and Sports bars and from liquor stores and guns store entrepreneurs! go after those responsible!

*burns down police station*

Ahem *clears throat*...noooo! your not supposed to(x) when you should (y)!

pure concern trolling.
    Don't riot, nothing will get done

*Football man kneels during song*

No, don't do that either.

Quote Originally Posted by saxdude View Post
    These riots are

bellissimo
    Delicioso
    Fact:Apples taste good, and you can throw them at people if you're being attacked
    Under the patronage of big daddy Elfdude

A.B.A.P.

Ignore List (to save time):

Exarch, Coughdrop addict

Quote Originally Posted by Prodromos View Post
    nooo! you can't take my fully insured property!

edit: his shop was apparently in the middle of the street
    Last edited by Abdülmecid I; June 01, 2020 at 05:08 AM. Reason: Disruptive.

Lol actually using the “my neighborhood is so its fine for us to burn it to the ground” defense. I live in a heroin-riddled neighborhood where a heroin addict literally lives in a shed at an abandoned go-kart track across the street from my house and constantly comes to my doorstep begging for food because my grandma took pity on him once, so not I’m oblivious to living conditions in a neighborhood despite what you would probably call my “white privilege”. It has never once occurred to me that it’s a good idea for me to riot and loot and burn down the mostly middle eastern and East Asian market right next door to my house because of the fact that a police officer illegally pulled up on our dead end driveway and aggressively searched and threatened my uncle without cause. Do you really think that’ll cause any positives “because Syria is a step up” or are you just blatantly arguing in bad faith because you know there is no real rational argument for trying to turn one’s neighborhood into a war zone? Imagine being a victim of a violent crime or medical emergency and wanting police and/or ambulances to come help you but they can’t because protestors barricaded the roads and are jumping on/attempting to smash windows on cop cars. Because that’s the video I just saw a few minutes ago of what’s happening an hour from me in NYC.

edit:
    nooo! you can't take my fully insured property!

edit: his shop was apparently in the middle of the street
    Lol if you think everyone running business in a ghetto can afford insurance. Seems like you’re showing your privilege here bud.
    Last edited by Abdülmecid I; June 01, 2020 at 05:08 AM. Reason: Continuity.

Also he didn't die.

Do you really think that’ll cause any positives “because Syria is a step up” or are you just blatantly arguing in bad faith because you know there is no real rational argument for trying to turn one’s neighborhood into a war zone?
    moot point considering the cops were captured on tape starting the riot and the media has backed off since

in my city the cops don't act like s and chimp out every time people walk down the street and the cops actually took part in the protest. I feel sorry for you

everyone running business in a ghetto can afford insurance
    thats literally the law bud
    Last edited by RedGuard; May 30, 2020 at 11:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ggggtotalwarrior View Post
    Lol actually using the “my neighborhood is so its fine for us to burn it to the ground” defense. I live in a heroin-riddled neighborhood where a heroin addict literally lives in a shed at an abandoned go-kart track across the street from my house and constantly comes to my doorstep begging for food because my grandma took pity on him once, so not I’m oblivious to living conditions in a neighborhood despite what you would probably call my “white privilege”. It has never once occurred to me that it’s a good idea for me to riot and loot and burn down the mostly middle eastern and East Asian market right next door to my house because of the fact that a police officer illegally pulled up on our dead end driveway and aggressively searched and threatened my uncle without cause. Do you really think that’ll cause any positives “because Syria is a step up” or are you just blatantly arguing in bad faith because you know there is no real rational argument for trying to turn one’s neighborhood into a war zone? Imagine being a victim of a violent crime or medical emergency and wanting police and/or ambulances to come help you but they can’t because protestors barricaded the roads and are jumping on/attempting to smash windows on cop cars. Because that’s the video I just saw a few minutes ago of what’s happening an hour from me in NYC.
    So I'm just gonna go out and say it:
    Debating about the extent, logic and moral justification of riots, uprisings and revolutions is completely and utterly asinine. Either address the issue for which they started or accept your antagonistic position and suppress, otherwise it's like whinging about the cough but doing nothing of the cancer.

People are mad, and for good reason. Being Reason-boy isn't going to change anybody's mind.

Ah yes because the shopkeeper trying to protect his livelihood from being destroyed by an angry mob of psychos deserved to be brutally beaten to near death because of the actions of a few cops. Because cops driving to an emergency in NY deserved to have people blockade them and shatter windows on them because of what a cop in Minnesota did. Because we should turn our neighborhood across the country into Syria during a pandemic where it’s already hard enough to get necessities. Yes give into the hatred and spite everyone and ruin everyone’s life as much as possible because of a police officer who for once actually was correctly charged with the crime murdered a black man. Would you have cared to riot had a just as corrupt officer killed a man of Chinese ethnicity, or if they were white? Or is police violence and corruption only worth destroying people’s lives and committing murder when it’s a black man who is killed?

Quote Originally Posted by ggggtotalwarrior View Post
    Ah yes because the shopkeeper trying to protect his livelihood from being destroyed by an angry mob of psychos deserved to be brutally beaten to near death because of the actions of a few cops. Because cops driving to an emergency in NY deserved to have people blockade them and shatter windows on them because of what a cop in Minnesota did. Because we should turn our neighborhood across the country into Syria during a pandemic where it’s already hard enough to get necessities. Yes give into the hatred and spite everyone and ruin everyone’s life as much as possible because of a police officer who for once actually was correctly charged with the crime murdered a black man. Would you have cared to riot had a just as corrupt officer killed a man of Chinese ethnicity, or if they were white? Or is police violence and corruption only worth destroying people’s lives and committing murder when it’s a black man who is killed?
    why don't you just be honest and admit you'd care about the property damage over the dead black man even if no body was killed in any riot anywhere?

speaking of arguing in bad faith.
    Last edited by alhoon; June 01, 2020 at 07:57 AM. Reason: promotion of illegal activities removed

These Riots have:
    Broken the back of Coronavirus lockdowns
    Will splinter the left between pro-riot/anti-riot subsections resulting in vocal pro-riot elements (mostly former Bernie Sanders supporters) turning off independent voters and out the anti-riot subsections as some sort of traitor (most likely racists)
    A swing state with complete Democrat control has had it's Governor made to look like a total ass clown as he blames White supremacists and Drug cartels for much of the damage
    Amy Klobuchar knocked out of VP running for her connections to officer
    And the best part is dementia Joe is going to have to juggle these protestors at his rallies which will likely result in him saying some outlandish .

Just because I think it's wrong, doesn't mean the right isn't benefiting from it.

In a statement, the FBI stated the shooting occurred at the Ronald V. Dellums Federal Building at 1301 Clay St. Authorities say a vehicle pulled up to the building and an assailant inside the vehicle began firing gunshots at security personnel stationed outside.

Two officers were shot, with one succumbing to his injuries and dying. The second officer was injured and his condition was not released by the FBI. On Saturday, officials from the Department of Homeland Security called the killing an act of Domestic Terrorism and said further attacks further attacks on law enforcement will not be tolerated.
    https://www.sfgate.com/crime/article...t-15305272.php

This guy is dead

An African American male suffered fatal wounds when he, along with multiple others, attempted to stop and loot a semi pulling FedEx Ground double trailers.
    A Facebook LIVE video was streamed around 3 a.m. local time, showing a group of looters pulling packages from the front FedEx trailer and tossing them on the ground and to others standing nearby.
    The video turned graphic as one looter became caught on the trailer as the stopped semi pulled away.
    https://www.transportationnation.com...fedex-big-rig/

This guy too
    Last edited by alhoon; June 01, 2020 at 07:46 AM. Reason: continuity

Thats not the incident I or Prodromos were refering to? Or you for that matter.

Himster's Avatar Praeses

Nothing like a bit of mindless violence that reinforces negative racial stereotypes to move social progress back decades.
    If racial divisions weren't unbridgeable before this, they certainly are now. Good work everyone.
    The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are so certain of themselves, but wiser people are full of doubts.
    -Betrand Russell

Quote Originally Posted by Himster View Post
    Nothing like a bit of mindless violence that reinforces negative racial stereotypes to move social progress back decades.
    If racial divisions weren't unbridgeable before this, they certainly are now. Good work everyone.
    boop

https://twitter.com/UR_Ninja/status/1266920531405819904

Hey saxdude where do you live by the way? I wanna know so that the next time this happens I can burn down your neighborhood in solidarity with you.

In México, feel free to give it a shot 'cause the cops here are .

EDIT: But being serious here, debating the rationality and morality of a riot, beyond what sparked it, is pointless. Yes they're bad, the warzone is bad, the violence is bad, but it's also the natural consequence of an angry population that was left with little alternative. If you (metaphorical) hadn't stockpiled dinamite for decades then the explosion wouldn't have happened. Yelling at the explosion is a fruitless exercise.
    Last edited by saxdude; May 31, 2020 at 01:14 AM.