Page 36 of 141 FirstFirst ... 112627282930313233343536373839404142434445466186136 ... LastLast

Thread: Death of George Floyd and Subsequent Riots.

B. W.'s Avatar Primicerius

Default Re: Death of George Floyd and Subsequent Riots.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaidin View Post
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zQz0YL9X0P8
    Have fun guys defending cops.
    This is nothing new. I remember 30 years ago driving home and got pulled over by a cop and received a ticket for going 10 miles an hour over the speed limit. I was literally the only vehicle on the road. I got home a few moments later to find my house had been broken into. I've always wondered if that would have happened if the cop had been patrolling my neighborhood instead of out gathering revenue for the city.

Quote Originally Posted by Vanoi View Post
    He wasn't the largest slave owner in South Carolina.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/William_Ellison#

The largest slave owner in South Carolina was a different guy and his heirs. Also the largest in the United States:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Joshua_John_Ward
    I see wiki has been busy editing the William Ellison page again. Who knows, maybe a year from now they'll be saying he was an abolitionist.

In other news, an African-American woman gives her opinion about men of middle eastern descent exercising their 2nd Amendment right to carry guns to keep her from looting a new phone from their business:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tynq...ature=youtu.be

After police pull out of the east precinct in Seattle, the area, now "Free Capitol Hill", has been delared an autonomous zone:
    https://www.capitolhillseattle.com/2...east-precinct/

Who is heading out to support this new attempt at utopia...

I find a sick solace in these times in the knowledge that there is no final victory to be had for the vast majority of these neo red guard.

Most likely they will find no real traction for thier revolution fantasies and thier attempts at erasure will be largely undone and forgotten for the momentary insanity they were. Should against all odds they attain a terrible reality they will find themselves suffering the fate they wish upon the history they loathe, the lucky ones find destitute irrelevance, the rest will occupy mass graves, disposed on the orders of those they will have elevated.

Liberals get the bullet too, after all.
    Last edited by Greyblades; June 09, 2020 at 04:06 PM.
    Pity the man with no country or home, revile the one who forsakes his own.

Vanoi's Avatar Dux Limitis
    Civitate

Quote Originally Posted by B. W. View Post
    I see wiki has been busy editing the William Ellison page again. Who knows, maybe a year from now they'll be saying he was an abolitionist.
    Lol feel free to provide a source proving it otherwise. I provided two sources. Joshha John Ward was the biggest slave owner in South Carolina. And he was white.

Quote Originally Posted by Exarch View Post
    So give the african americas their own independent nation state; it should be Georgia or Mississipi. If you don't want blacks to blame your for everything just set them free and give them their own land; that way they can practice extreme ownership and forge their own destiny as the bosnians and Israelites did.

In the meanwhile the african americans are taking the human rights abuses of the apartheid united states to the UN:

Source: https://www.rt.com/news/491251-floyd...lu-un-meeting/
    Civil rights fought against segregation , now you want to be segregated, this a sick joke? What about the millions of blacks that don't see your black supremacy views?. I think if you did have your own land it wouldn't be in mainland u.s., maybe reservation for blacks. I was thinking if government did give blacks Georgia, we shouldn't give any government money. Thinking more like Puerto Rico would be better.
    Last edited by Warriordude; June 09, 2020 at 04:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Greyblades View Post
    I find a sick solace in these times in the knowledge that there is no final victory to be had for the vast majority of these neo red guard.

Most likely they will find no real traction for thier revolution fantasies and thier attempts at erasure will be largely undone and forgotten for the momentary insanity they were. Should against all odds they attain a terrible reality they will find themselves suffering the fate they wish upon the history they loathe, the lucky ones find destitute irrelevance, the rest will occupy mass graves, disposed on the orders of those they will have elevated.

Liberals get the bullet too, after all.
    BLM - the group now being endorsed by corporate America - is an activist organization operating on behalf of the Democratic Party. The far left have won symbolic scraps (the tearing down of statutes, the "defunding" of various PDs and rhetorical concessions from high profile politicians) but the liberal establishment is firmly in control of the narrative. The accommodation of identity collectivism is the price we've all had to pay so that the corporate Dems can keep their voters distracted.

As far as the impact this alternative scenario would or could even have on the topic of the thread and underlying issues, for example:
    Across the African continent, the killing of George Floyd in the US has prompted protests, but also debate about what a Black Lives Matter movement should focus on here, with activists highlighting everything from police brutality, to colourism, to the relics of colonialism and the functioning of aid organisations.

On May 29th, African Union chairman Moussa Faki Mahamat condemned Floyd’s killing, calling on the US “to intensify their efforts to ensure the total elimination of all forms of discrimination based on race or ethnic origin”.

Africans suggested that was hypocrisy, arguing that police violence is commonplace in Africa too and victims regularly die from it.

On Monday, about 200 people marched in Kenyan capital Nairobi, expressing solidarity with the US while pointing to their own experiences. At least 15 people have been killed by Kenyan police since coronavirus restrictions began to be enforced, including a 13-year-old boy who was shot with a stray bullet.

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/worl...ests-1.4274891

Part of the post moved in the appropriate VV thread
    Last edited by alhoon; June 09, 2020 at 06:46 PM.
    Of these facts there cannot be any shadow of doubt: for instance, that civil society was renovated in every part by Christian institutions; that in the strength of that renewal the human race was lifted up to better things-nay, that it was brought back from death to life, and to so excellent a life that nothing more perfect had been known before, or will come to be known in the ages that have yet to be. - Pope Leo XIII

Quote Originally Posted by Cope View Post
    BLM - the group now being endorsed by corporate America - is an activist organization operating on behalf of the Democratic Party. The far left have won symbolic scraps (the tearing down of statutes, the "defunding" of various PDs and rhetorical concessions from high profile politicians) but the liberal establishment is firmly in control of the narrative. The accommodation of identity collectivism is the price we've all had to pay so that the corporate Dems can keep their voters distracted.
    You are so write. I think it's a big powergrab by the left, defunding police would never be passed in house, no chance In senate. They say defund police, they want to control the police, they are controlled by unions. They like full control. The demonrats are evil, but they are smart, there always have an agenda. They say never let a crises go to waste.

alhoon's Avatar Comes Rei Militaris
    took an arrow to the knee

Off-topic discussion about the history of racism, black slave owners etc was moved to this thread. Further off-topic historical discussion in this thread about the beginnings of racism and slave-owners in the 19th century will be considered defying moderation.
    You can discuss the defacing of statues of slavers in this tread in a political context as far as current events go, but extensive discussions about slavers, reactions to slavery in the 19th century etc should be had in the VV.
    Last edited by alhoon; June 09, 2020 at 06:40 PM.
    alhoon is not a member of the infamous Hoons: a (fictional) nazi-sympathizer KKK clan. Of course, no Hoon would openly admit affiliation to the uninitiated.
    "Angry Uncle Gordon" describes me well.

Praeses

Pretty vile behaviour, both sides seem guilty of destructive and duplicitous behaviour as part of a political sideshow. Its good the National Guard finally went in to Minneapolis, had to happen. Was that Trump? I recall he was making noise about it a week ago.

Rare for Trump to have the narrative wrested from him, making noise on TV and Social Media is his main game. IMHO its the only thing he's good at.
    Jatte lambastes Calico Rat

Indefinitely Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Warriordude View Post
    Civil rights fought against segregation , now you want to be segregated, this a sick joke? What about the millions of blacks that don't see your black supremacy views?. I think if you did have your own land it wouldn't be in mainland u.s., maybe reservation for blacks. I was thinking if government did give blacks Georgia, we shouldn't give any government money. Thinking more like Puerto Rico would be better.
    Segregation implies white america still believes they own the bodies of african american men and women.

Self determination means these african americans, long been the target of slavery, genocide and rape, can finally have a safe space in the form of a nation state. They can even call it Wakanda.

@topic

The Revolution has begun, the insurgents have started taking territory:
    Anarchists & ‘Antifa’ occupy Seattle police station abandoned by ‘regime’ forces, set up ‘Capitol Hill Autonomous Zone’

Source: https://www.rt.com/usa/491347-seattl...s-zone-police/

It's almost like they learnt everything they knew from the CIA handbook on successful insurgencies, from Kiev, Syria and HK.

Genava's Avatar Senator

You do understand that racism is the scientific theory dominating Europe and the Americas since roughly the 1600s, where the Saxon-Teutonic race was deemed superior to all other races and as such, by law of nature, were justified in enslaving, killing, exterminating them?
    Good, so racism in your definition doesn't really exist anymore. Or at least in a very minority group that doesn't really matter actually.
    LOTR mod for Shogun 2 Total War (Campaign and Battles!)
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bIywmAgUxQU

Quote Originally Posted by Infidel144 View Post
    After police pull out of the east precinct in Seattle, the area, now "Free Capitol Hill", has been delared an autonomous zone:
    https://www.capitolhillseattle.com/2...east-precinct/

Who is heading out to support this new attempt at utopia...
    Well the name seems to have changed to "Capitol Hill Autonomous Zone"
    https://heavy.com/news/2020/06/capit...ous-zone-chaz/
    and per some retweets in this thread:
    https://twitter.com/JoshuaPotash/sta...91186391179265
    a problem has arisen. The CHAZ is in need of food (vegan meat substitutes, soy, fruit, oats), because the homeless that were invited in took it all.

I wonder when they will get tired of their anarchist/communist LARP. The irony is that the far left local government in Seattle has been the focus of their ire but they couldn't have asked for a more complicit regime.

Never. Long live the revolution!
    By the way, nazi, fascist, capitalist pig-dogs, give us food. Please.

Kritias's Avatar Petite bourgeois

So, aside from the police withdrawing from the East Precinct to calm down spirits with the protesters, a cardboard sign proclaiming "You are now entering Free Capitol Hill", a road block spray-painted "Cop-Free zone", a banner writing "Autonomous Zone" and a graffiti over the East Precinct that reads "Seattle People's Department", what revolutionary action has taken place exactly? People setting up field hospitals and food banks for protesters is common place in protests, and asking for food from solidarity minded individuals is common place. Either you've never seen a protest in your lives, or you're over-exaggerating what is happening in 'Free' Capitol Hill. I assume that in few days when Orange Man sends his privately-owned task force to clear the Hill from the protesters, you'll be the first cheering too.

The saddest part is that if you're in TWC typing away at your keyboard, you're probably on the same social and economic level as the people protesting.
    Under the valued patronage of Abdülmecid I

Quote Originally Posted by Pontifex Maximus View Post
    I wonder when they will get tired of their anarchist/communist LARP. The irony is that the far left local government in Seattle has been the focus of their ire but they couldn't have asked for a more complicit regime.
    Meanwhile, amid demands that police departments have their funding slashed or are dissolved altogether, the number of murders in Chicago sky rockets. Most of the victims are African American.

Ludicus's Avatar Comes Limitis
    Citizen

Most of the victims are African American.
    Most of the victims are always Afro-Americans.Victims of discrimination, social exclusion, poverty and diseases ( 70% of Covid- 19 deaths are black).
    "Poverty is the parent of revolution and crime", said Aristotle.
    The effects of structural disadvantage on rates of violent crime are the same for all racial groups,https://doi.org/10.1300/J134v09n03_03
    -----
    I can't say I'm surprised, Trump 'will not even consider' renaming Army bases named for...
    Trump’s tweets come two days after an Army spokesman said Army Secretary Ryan McCarthy and Defense Secretary Mark Esper are "open" to renaming the bases.
    Il y a quelque chose de pire que d'avoir une âme perverse. C’est d'avoir une âme habituée
    Charles Péguy

Every human society must justify its inequalities: reasons must be found because, without them, the whole political and social edifice is in danger of collapsing”.
    Thomas Piketty

Meanwhile, amid demands that police departments have their funding slashed or are dissolved altogether, the number of murders in Chicago sky rockets. Most of the victims are African American.
    Black Lives Matter!*

*only when it is white cops killing blacks and even then only when it is politically expedient for democrats to capitalize on the event.

Vanoi's Avatar Dux Limitis
    Civitate

That all assumes less funding means more crime. And yet its not that simple.

https://chicago.cbslocal.com/2019/11...n-2020-budget/

According to this the Chicago Police have had eight consecutive years of increases to their budget. Yet as you may or may not know, crime is particularly bad in Chicago. So why is this happening? Maybe its because police funding doesn't have that large of an effect on crime as you think it does.