Page 3 of 141 FirstFirst 123456789101112132853103 ... LastLast

Thread: Death of George Floyd and Subsequent Riots.

swabian's Avatar igni ferroque

Default Re: Death of George Floyd and Subsequent Riots.

I just want to comment without involvement in ongoing discussions here.

Having seen how the man was killed (i watched that horrible video), i can fully understand the anger and outrage. This is so obscenely despicable, the first impulse in my mind was to eviscerate that piece of filth of a policeman. I'm sorry.
    Something has to change here, so much is absolutely clear.

ggggtotalwarrior's Avatar hey it geg

Quote Originally Posted by irontaino View Post
    You and Cope said pretty much the same thing, so my response to him applies here.

Ignoring the rest of the country, but ok.

There both you and her go again. Condemn the looting all you want, but don't pretend it didn't explode into rioting for a reason.

Only if they equate property damage with black lives. If all it took was stealing from Target for someone to say "I don't care about dead black people anymore", they never really did in the first place.

You only see it that way because of the rosy image painted of MLK after his death. He was a radical, he went to prison, he was very much against moderates (white ones specifically), he didn't condone riots, but understood why they happened (peaceful protests being ignored or attacked). I don't see people using his quotes out of context other than mostly conservatives who would have been against him if they were alive back then, and moderates who subscribe to the middle of the road fallacy. People who are that easily swayed into supporting police brutality were never on board with the cause anyway.

Everyone responds to frustration differently, there's factors at play to how it exploded like this:

— We’re in the middle of a global pandemic and many of the people on the front lines (making sure YOU can be comfortable at home) are Black people risking their lives for minimum wage, dealing with entitled white folks every single day.
    — The virus itself is affecting Black people to a higher degree because of being denied access to health services and being forced to WORK during it.
    — Even in the middle of a pandemic when most of the country sat at home for weeks, civilians being murdered by police did not see a downward turn AT ALL. We’re on track for the same number of deaths we saw last year.
    — All week, every day, a new video of Racism in America. From white women using the police as their personal security service to elderly women being tackled by cops with guns drawn to another Black man who can’t breathe, murdered by a cop who should’ve been fired a long time ago.

As for the rest of your post, I agree with most of it in essence, which is why I didn't respond to those parts.
    Too much of this post is useless drivel for me to provide a long response to so I will be succinct. Your posts are clearly racist excuses for misplaced anger at white people not in a position of power to do anything. Your posts are advocating for violence and terrorism against those who are not responsible for the things you are angry at. Your posts are making the false equivalence that people not rioting and looting and terrorizing others are fine with violence. Your posts reek of victim complex and the idea that you desire vengeance, even if it requires you attacking innocent people just to feel like you contributed to a situation even if all it does is meet violence with violence. Your posts on this subject are simply based on an inherent hatred and blame of all white people for one's problems. Frankly, I feel like your posts on this subject are frankly quite pathetic and those of someone who is desperate for an excuse to inflict their anger in a destructive matter. I think any post that claims the proper response to deal with systematic oppression is to burn down businesses people have fought hard their entire life to create is emblematic of a extremist worldview akin to that of Osama Bin Laden.

In general, I simply think that anyone who blames an entire race for their problem, and treats all white people as oppressors who are to be violently dealt with, is both delusional and mentally ill. Not to imply that is anyone in this thread of course.
    Rep me and I'll rep you back.

UNDER THE PATRONAGE OF THE KING POSTER AKAR

irontaino's Avatar Protector Domesticus
    Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by ggggtotalwarrior View Post
    Too much of this post is useless drivel for me to provide a long response to so I will be succinct.
    AKA, you have no argument

Blah blah blah Osama Bin Laden.
    Hey, something other than Godwin's Law, good job .

In general, I simply think that anyone who blames an entire race for their problem, and treats all white people as oppressors who are to be violently dealt with, is both delusional and mentally ill. Not to imply that is anyone in this thread of course.
    If anyone in this thread were doing that, maybe get to a point?
    Last edited by irontaino; May 30, 2020 at 04:56 PM. Reason: BB code errors,
    Fact:Apples taste good, and you can throw them at people if you're being attacked
    Under the patronage of big daddy Elfdude

A.B.A.P.

Quote Originally Posted by Infidel144 View Post
    But you did not hit him back, you went and hit somebody else.
    ^I truly wonder the reason one would support attacking people's places of business and livelihoods with violent and threatening acts (people of literally all races, btw) without regard for the individuals involved. Unless they were saying that police behavior was a blanket act for all whites but that'd be racist too wouldn't it?

I wonder if the people who got hit in this act are going to want to hit back too? Are they justified?
    Last edited by ggggtotalwarrior; May 30, 2020 at 05:07 PM.

Vanoi's Avatar Dux Limitis
    Civitate

^I truly wonder the reason one would support attacking people's places of business and livelihoods with violent and threatening acts (people of literally all races, btw) without regard for the individuals involved.
    People who are pissed off and angry?

So "in Michigan, armed protesters stormed the capitol building to protest against the lock down measures while no response was given by the officers" i.e. who exercised their rights under the first and second amendments of the Constitution, and had nothing happen to them, is a double standard compared to what?
    Are you attempting to claim it is a double standard compared to the reaction to riots and looting?
    My post was pretty clear on that. Please refer back to it.

Quote Originally Posted by B. W. View Post
    Your lack of reading comprehension shows up again. I never mentioned "state". I said "city". There are no Republican ran cities, that I am aware of that allows this type of training. Go ahead, start looking for one.

And on your statement that it wasn't part of his training, it is just another instance of you parroting stereotypical images of police created by a misogynistic media. This is straight from the MPD training manual:

5-311 USE OF NECK RESTRAINTS AND CHOKE HOLDS (10/16/02) (08/17/07) (10/01/10) (04/16/12)
    DEFINITIONS I.
    Choke Hold: Deadly force option. Defined as applying direct pressure on a person’s trachea or airway (front of the neck), blocking or obstructing the airway (04/16/12)
    Neck Restraint: Non-deadly force option. Defined as compressing one or both sides of a person’s neck with an arm or leg, without applying direct pressure to the trachea or airway (front of the neck). Only sworn employees who have received training from the MPD Training Unit are authorized to use neck restraints. The MPD authorizes two types of neck restraints: Conscious Neck Restraint and Unconscious Neck Restraint. (04/16/12)
    Conscious Neck Restraint: The subject is placed in a neck restraint with intent to control, and not to render the subject unconscious, by only applying light to moderate pressure. (04/16/12)
    Unconscious Neck Restraint: The subject is placed in a neck restraint with the intention of rendering the person unconscious by applying adequate pressure. (04/16/12)
    PROCEDURES/REGULATIONS II.
    A. The Conscious Neck Restraint may be used against a subject who is actively resisting. (04/16/12)
    B. The Unconscious Neck Restraint shall only be applied in the following circumstances: (04/16/12)
    1. On a subject who is exhibiting active aggression, or;
    2. For life saving purposes, or;
    3. On a subject who is exhibiting active resistance in order to gain control of the subject; and if lesser attempts at control have been or would likely be ineffective.
    Sigh... If you wanna throw insults at least don't make them so petty. The copy paste from the manual you put there without reference pretty much works in support of what I said. The PROCEDURES/REGULATIONS II section shows us that what Derek Chauvin did was not what's instructed. Thank you for showing that.

8 minutes, 46 seconds and 'inherently dangerous': What's in the criminal complaint in the George Floyd case
    The Minneapolis Police Department allows the use of two types of neck restraints as "non-deadly" force options for officers who have received the proper training. However, the Minnesota Professional Peace Officer Education System said in a statement that the tactics seen in the video "do not appear to reflect the training that students receive."
    The Armenian Issue

I mean I don’t think being pissed off and angry should be a rationalization of indiscriminately destroying other innocent people’s homes and livelihoods. Saying it’s because “that person hit us first” is simply racist conjecture to “otherize” people of a different ethnic background and is much the same logic a racist white person would use To falsely assert that one black criminal represents their entire race. Arguing that it’ll somehow be a better use of one’s time and more effective than lobbying for stricter control of a rampant and unregulated police force does nothing but push away potential allies from one’s cause in fixing an issue that has affected people of all ethnic backgrounds in America. It’s fighting racism with more racism and violence with more violence which then just lets the other side also rationalize being more violent and racist.

Quote Originally Posted by PointOfViewGun View Post
    No. It is not pretty clear.
    Are you attempting to claim it is a double standard compared to the reaction to riots and looting?

Civitate

I mean I don’t think being pissed off and angry should be a rationalization of indiscriminately destroying other innocent people’s homes and livelihoods. Saying it’s because “that person hit us first” is simply racist conjecture to “otherize” people of a different ethnic background and is much the same logic a racist white person would use To falsely assert that one black criminal represents their entire race. Arguing that it’ll somehow be a better use of one’s time and more effective than lobbying for stricter control of a rampant and unregulated police force does nothing but push away potential allies from one’s cause in fixing an issue that has affected people of all ethnic backgrounds in America. It’s fighting racism with more racism and violence with more violence which then just lets the other side also rationalize being more violent and racist.
    Do remember that African-Americans have been protesting for decades on this very issue and similar issues. Many people including other races have tried to reform the police or change things. And nothing has. you think since the Rodney King riots that something would be done by now. But nope.

Now put yourself in their shoes. Why keep simply protesting and trying to change the system when it doesn't and still hasn't led to meaningful change?

B. W.'s Avatar Primicerius

Quote Originally Posted by irontaino View Post
    Where did you get that impression? How does that have anything to do with my post?
    Because you specifically mention white moderates being concerned about property damage.

Many of those inner city businesses are owned by minorities. Odd that you didn't mention that. Many of them did not carry insurance and lost everything. Insurance is just too expensive because of the possibility of things just like this.

So instead of trying to expedite political change by voting in large numbers, supporting candidates who push for law enforcement reform, starting programs to get young African Americans involved in law enforcement, you think instead that wanton random destruction of other people’s livelihood and property (mostly other minorities struggling to survive themselves) is the answer? Hmmmm by your logic, the US government was sure intervening in the Middle East for all those years, guess the people in the twin towers deserved it because all non-blacks in the US are responsible for the failures of their government. I think that were I in a black person’s shoes, like most of them, who aren’t simply opportunists looking for an excuse to steal from others during a trying time or extremists, I’d be smart enough to realize I’m not helping the popularity of my ideas with the majority populace by directing my anger at innocent people who simply want to survive a difficult (if not as difficult as an average black) lower to middle class existence. You’re destroying the PR of an actual good cause by trying to act like people just taking advantage of it to destroy and steal are justified.
    Last edited by ggggtotalwarrior; May 31, 2020 at 01:17 AM.

Civitate

So instead of trying to expedite political change by voting in large numbers,
    They have and still do. Whats changed?

supporting candidates who push for law enforcement reform, starting programs to get young African Americans involved in law enforcement,
    They've done both.

you think instead that wanton random destruction of other people’s livelihood and property is the answer? Hmmmm the US government was sure intervening in the Middle East for all those years, guess the people in the twin towers deserved it because all non-blacks in the US are responsible for the failures of their government. I think that were I in a black person’s shoes, like most of them who aren’t simply opportunists looking for an excuse to steal from others during a trying time or extremists, I’d be smart enough to realize I’m not helping the popularity of my ideas with the majority populace by directing my anger at innocent people who simply want to survive a difficult (if not as difficult as an average black) lower to middle class existence. You’re destroying the PR of an actual good cause by trying to act like people just taking advantage of it to destroy and steal are justified.
    What has changed again? Remind me.

B. W.'s Avatar Primicerius

Quote Originally Posted by PointOfViewGun View Post

Sigh... If you wanna throw insults at least don't make them so petty. The copy paste from the manual you put there without reference pretty much works in support of what I said. The PROCEDURES/REGULATIONS II section shows us that what Derek Chauvin did was not what's instructed. Thank you for showing that.

8 minutes, 46 seconds and 'inherently dangerous': What's in the criminal complaint in the George Floyd case
    Duh, most police departments do not allow the use of neck restraint at all, because it is so dangerous. Now, do some research and prove me wrong. Quit trying to pretend that you meant something else to try and save face.

Yes so burning down your black neighborhood will really give your race the resources it’s people need to gain more political power. And if you think nothing has changed you’re delusional. We’re not nearly where we need to be but we’re far ahead of where we were a few decades ago. It’s just that these blatant cases of police violence against blacks gets a lot more coverage than they used to.

These posts are just advocating for destroying other people in anger at a situation, knowing it will only create more violence and hate and hurt the movement, because it makes you feel good to hurt others the way that you too have been hurt, despite the fact the people you target are not responsible. Because burning down a bunch of black and Hispanic people’s businesses will really go far in changing the opinion of the people in charge who have done so little to help you so far. Simply a pathetic and sad post.

Civitate

Yes so burning down your black neighborhood will really give your race the resources it’s people need to gain more political power. And if you think nothing has changed you’re delusional. We’re not nearly where we need to be but we’re far ahead of where we were a few decades ago. It’s just that these blatant cases of police violence against blacks gets a lot more coverage than they used to.
    Black people have political power. It still hasn't led to anything.

These posts are just advocating for destroying other people in anger at a situation, knowing it will only create more violence and hate and hurt the movement, because it makes you feel good to hurt others the way that you too have been hurt, despite the fact the people you target are not responsible. Because burning down a bunch of black and Hispanic people’s businesses will really go far in changing the opinion of the people in charge who have done so little to help you so far. Simply a pathetic and sad post.
    I haven't advocated anything. Only explained why African-Americans feel this way. Not my fault you're being so dense you can't see it.

You're also avoiding my question. African-Americans have protested for decades. They have gained political power all the way up to the Presidency itself. What has changed?
    Last edited by Abdülmecid I; June 02, 2020 at 04:25 AM. Reason: Unnecessary.

Quote Originally Posted by Vanoi View Post
    Black people have political power. It still hasn't led to anything.

I haven't advocated anything. Only explained why African-Americans feel this way. Not my fault you're being so dense you can't see it.

You're also avoiding my question. African-Americans have protested for decades. They have gained political power all the way up to the Presidency itself. What has changed?
    What is the "anything" that rioting and looting is supposed to lead to?
    Last edited by Abdülmecid I; June 02, 2020 at 04:23 AM. Reason: Continuity.

Having literally one guy be president =\= widespread political power capable of enacting national change as a voting bloc. I don’t even understand how I have to explain that to you. Many departments have enforced more strict guidelines against brutality in recent years, body cams, etc.

Taking national headline stories of brutality and police abuse of power still occurring to black people (and it occurs to people of literally every race once again) does not mean that the rate of it occurring has not dropped. 60 years ago cops were still getting away with literally taking part in lynchings. It’s obviously gotten better if not nearly where it needs to be. To argue otherwise is insane to me.

And if a small number of African Americans feel they are justified in destroying other African Americans trying to simply live the American Dream because things are not progressing fast enough in an issue in which they are not the only victims, then they are morons. They give more ammunition to the authoritarians who want to make the US a police state when they commit huge organized acts of crime against entire communities. Even if the feelings are justified the acts are completely ing stupid.

Institutional racism is one of the hardest subjects to tackle. Police departments around the country is a testament to that. Just because there was a Democratic governor doesn't really mean that changes overnight.

Quote Originally Posted by B. W. View Post
    Duh, most police departments do not allow the use of neck restraint at all, because it is so dangerous. Now, do some research and prove me wrong. Quit trying to pretend that you meant something else to try and save face.
    That doesn't address my post at all. I did prove you wrong. You seem to be deliberately avoiding addressing what I pointed out there. Perhaps you dug yourself a nice little hole with your attempts to belittle me while your arguments fall flat since you avoid addressing them. Good luck.
    The Armenian Issue

Civitate

What is the "anything" that rioting and looting is supposed to lead to?
    https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Watts_riots

A commission under Governor Pat Brown investigated the riots, known as the McCone Commission, and headed by former CIA director John A. McCone. It released a 101-page report on December 2, 1965 entitled Violence in the City—An End or a Beginning?: A Report by the Governor's Commission on the Los Angeles Riots, 1965.[39]

The McCone Commission identified the root causes of the riots to be high unemployment, poor schools, and related inferior living conditions that were endured by African Americans in Watts. Recommendations for addressing these problems included "emergency literacy and preschool programs, improved police-community ties, increased low-income housing, more job-training projects, upgraded health-care services, more efficient public transportation, and many more." Most of these recommendations were never implemented.[40]
    Led to this commission that otherwise would have never formed. Too bad the government in ots very classic fasion never implemented anything to deal with the problems found in the commission.

https://time.com/3951282/riot-violen...rican-history/

From the Boston Tea Party to the Los Angeles riots to the unrest in Ferguson, Missouri, violent resistance has sometimes led to positive social change. Most often, rioting has drawn attention to oppressive authoritarian rule (sometimes by kings, sometimes by police). In some cases, it has also spurred investigations into law enforcement or other government systems. Occasionally, it has even forced corrupt or incompetent leaders to surrender or resign.
    Riots do lead to change sometimes.

Ya thank God for those watts riots, without them we would’ve never reformed the LAPD and prevented the Rodney King riots