Page 20 of 141 FirstFirst ... 1011121314151617181920212223242526272829304570120 ... LastLast

Thread: Death of George Floyd and Subsequent Riots.

Default Re: Death of George Floyd and Subsequent Riots.

Quote Originally Posted by Ludicus View Post
    My reality isn't your reality. Occasionally, sarcasm is my weapon of choice against the ideological foolishness of white supremacist ideology.
    Your reality is a bigoted realiry without facts. I have provided facts, you just provide slogans.

I haven't said such a thing. What I said:"as the entire America erupted in protest, the Racist-in-Chief falsely blames riots on antifascists, constantly pouring gasoline on the fire...".
    That's painfully true.
    The fire was already there, and you haven't refuted what I said. What Trump said made no difference in the outcome and violence. People who protest against the bigotry and racism in others but ignore it in themselves deserve to be ignored. The protest won't change anyones mind. Those who agree with thsm agreed with them before, those who didn't before still don't. The violence in Detroit, Chicago, LA, Washington DC existed before the protests, you have only only to look at the violent crime statistics in those cities. The only difference is now the violence is visible on camera, not hidden in crime statistics.

I don't agree.It's a racial justice issue. And to make matters worse, Trump has normalized white supremacy.
    And I don't agree. It is not a racial justice issue, and by trying to make it so you are not going to get the issue corrected. First thing to fix a problem is to corrdctly identify with it and you haven't.

I agree there are issues with the police, but it is not racial, just as many whites suffer but they just don't get the same press. When a black Minneapolis cop killed an unarmed white woman, he was never fired, even tbough he refused ro cooperate with thd investigators, ans only got around to resigning 8 months later when the grand jury indicted him. BLM complained about the length of time it took in the Georgre Floyd case but not the 5000 times longer it took in the Justine Diamond case. Givsn their clear case of dounle and quadruple standards, please explain to me why we should listen to anytbing thr protestors have to say.

"Southern trees bear a strange fruit

Again, slogans instead of facts or rational arguments, which you have given up on. More young blacks die every year due to being murder by other blacks than were ever lynched, yet it is ignorex because it is something you can't completely blame on others. Nothing says how weak your arguments really are when you have ro resort to material from more than 50 years ago from a vastly different time.

Quote Originally Posted by Common Soldier View Post
    It is not a racial justice issue
    Rubbish

It became a racial issue the moment black people decided not to tolerate harassment and extra-judicial killing, or just plain murder in Floyd's case. The fact that other groups have failed to mobilse against such outrages is irrelevant. The facts are there, in BLM's statement of aims. No amount of jumping up and down and shouting will change that.
    Absolutley Barking, Mudpit Mutt Former Patron: Garbarsardar

"Out of the crooked tree of humanity,no straight thing can be made." Immanuel Kant
    "Oh Yeah? What about a cricket bat? That's pretty straight. Just off the top of my head..." Al Murray, Pub Landlord.

Aexodus's Avatar Persuasion>Coercion
    Blog Entries

Why are the blacks mobilising as a group? Why not have a more inclusive mass movement?
    Patronised by Pontifex Maximus
    Quote Originally Posted by Himster View Post
    The trick is to never be honest. That's what this social phenomenon is engineering: publicly conform, or else.

Quote Originally Posted by Aexodus View Post
    Why are the blacks mobilising as a group? Why not have a more inclusive mass movement?
    Well we know you're not watching the news.
    One thing is for certain: the more profoundly baffled you have been in your life, the more open your mind becomes to new ideas.
    -Neil deGrasse Tyson

Let's think the unthinkable, let's do the undoable. Let us prepare to grapple with the ineffable itself, and see if we may not eff it after all.

Chris Cuomo:
    "Please, show me where it says protesters are supposed to be polite and peaceful."
    https://www.usatoday.com/story/enter...ts/3133326001/

I know pathetic ignorant leftists hate the Constitution, and would do anything to get their totalitarian collectivist paradise, but the answer, though communazis like Cuomo are too stupid to understand, is right in the First Amendment:

"Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances."

Ludicus's Avatar Comes Limitis
    Citizen

"There is no question that Charlottesville wouldn't have occurred without Trump".

Little ing kikes. They get ruled by people like me. Little ing octoroons (1) … I ing … my ancestors ing enslaved those little pieces of ing . I rule the ing world. Those pieces of ing get ruled by people like me. They look up and see a face like mine looking down at them. That’s how the ing world works. We are going to destroy this ing town.”

Richard Spencer, American neo-Nazi, anti-Semitic conspiracy theorist, and white supremacist"

-------------
    Let's summarize. Sometimes, a cartoon says it all. Enough said.

Il y a quelque chose de pire que d'avoir une âme perverse. C’est d'avoir une âme habituée
    Charles Péguy

Every human society must justify its inequalities: reasons must be found because, without them, the whole political and social edifice is in danger of collapsing”.
    Thomas Piketty

swabian's Avatar igni ferroque

Quote Originally Posted by Gaidin View Post
    I already responded to this. This is irrelevant. When you are arresting somebody and they stop breathing and go still and your knee is on their throat you don't just sit there. You do something. You don't kneel on a non-breathing person for three minutes. You respond to the situation as it evolves. If he goes unconscious you do not keep your leg on his throat. If he stops breathing you do not keep your leg on his throat. If somebody points it out to you, you most definitely do not keep your leg on his throat.

Here's the truth you are not understanding. If he responded to the fact that George Floyd went non-responsive and attempted to revive him then there might be something to the idea that he just was interested in arresting him because he also theoretically maybe tried to save him. But he didn't. When Floyd went non-responsive he sat there leg on his throat for three full minutes. Hence, he was fired, he was arrested, he was charged. His charge was even upgraded.
    I just checked again, and it was over 7 minutes, not 3. Seven minutes, let that sink in, gentlemen. And at times the chauvinist was giving full weight.

Quote Originally Posted by Infidel144 View Post
    Chris Cuomo:
    "Please, show me where it says protesters are supposed to be polite and peaceful."
    https://www.usatoday.com/story/enter...ts/3133326001/

I know pathetic ignorant leftists hate the Constitution, and would do anything to get their totalitarian collectivist paradise, but the answer, though communazis like Cuomo are too stupid to understand, is right in the First Amendment:

"Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances."
    Generally that's been taken to mean they can't riot. That's not been taken to mean they can't get pretty rowdy. Nor do they have to be pretty docile... You can have a lot of different interpretations of "peacably". But the only law under that is against rioting as far as 'assembly' goes. Your best example of what not to do Constitutionally, is to take law enforcement and run somewhat rowdy but still peaceful protesters out of Lafayette Park with flashbangs and tear gas because you want to walk across the street for a photo op at the church.
    Quote Originally Posted by swabian View Post
    I just checked again, and it was over 7 minutes, not 3. Seven minutes, let that sink in, gentlemen. And at times the chauvinist was giving full weight.
    I've seen between 7 and 8 minutes of recording of the mess. My point is 3 minutes where he's solidly unconscious and not moving and where those policemen should've been trying to help him and trying to revive him.
    Last edited by Gaidin; June 03, 2020 at 06:52 PM.
    One thing is for certain: the more profoundly baffled you have been in your life, the more open your mind becomes to new ideas.
    -Neil deGrasse Tyson

Let's think the unthinkable, let's do the undoable. Let us prepare to grapple with the ineffable itself, and see if we may not eff it after all.

Generally that's been taken to mean they can't riot.
    Generally that is taken to mean:
    "The First Amendment does not provide the right to conduct an assembly at which there is a clear and present danger of riot, disorder, or interference with traffic on public streets, or other immediate threat to public safety or order.[13] Statutes that prohibit people from assembling and using force or violence to accomplish unlawful purposes are permissible under the First Amendment."
    https://www.loc.gov/law/help/peaceful-assembly/us.php

Quote Originally Posted by Aexodus View Post
    FFS

Absolutley Barking, Mudpit Mutt Former Patron: Garbarsardar

"Out of the crooked tree of humanity,no straight thing can be made." Immanuel Kant
    "Oh Yeah? What about a cricket bat? That's pretty straight. Just off the top of my head..." Al Murray, Pub Landlord.

swabian's Avatar igni ferroque

I've seen between 7 and 8 minutes of recording of the mess. My point is 3 minutes where he's solidly unconscious and not moving and where those policemen should've been trying to help him and trying to revive him.
    Mr. Floyd was already complaining that he cannot breathe when the video started, so it's likely that this was going on for an even longer period of time. As we now know for a fact, Floyd did not simulate. I actually think that Mr. Floyd had a quite powerful neck, because, judging by how the chauvinist was kneeling in there at times, this might have just snapped the neck of a more frail person.

[QUOTE=Gaidin;15921497]Use all the what ifs you want. They don't matter. Black, white, hispanic, I don't care. What matters is that all the struggle we saw was was around the fact that the person they were claiming to restrain could not breathe. And then all fight went out. To the point that he was not breathing. This point was observed by both an officer and the crowd. What did they do? Nothing. They still sat on both his throat and his chest. They did not try to help him, they did not try to revive him, they did not try to do anything. I don't care if you are a human being who has health problems or are a human being in good shape that is an athlete that is a kickboxer. When you are handcuffed and otherwise in police custody, you are the officer's responsibility. For three minutes they literally knelt on his lifeless body. The reaction should be the same whether he is white, black, brown, or yellow. Fire them and charge them. Or charge them and eventually fire them. I care not which.

Of course, within this same police department in five years 44 people have been rendered unconscious in a self-fulfilling prophecy. 60% of them were black in a statistically lopsided mess.

Do not try to push this on the condition of the person they were restraining. For three minutes they knew he was unconscious. For three minutes they knew he was not breathing. For three minutes they did nothing. If you can not process these utterly true facts, then your sense of empathy does not exist.

The article is somewhat confusing, since the article says practice is not taught or sanctioned, yet being used 247 times against department policy seems a lot of violations the police department failed to crack down on. It is clear with 44 persons going unconscious the Minneapolis police were going to get a death sooner or later, and that death would likely be a black man based on statistics, and the cop responsible white, based on statistics . This is clear negligence on the Minneapolis police leadership.

not putting a stop to a dangerous practice. I suspect the practice is used by many Minneapolis police unofficially as a matter of course on suspects they think might give problems, whether the subject actual gives problems or not. It is likely applied blacks higher rate because because the black males arrested likely were typically bigger and muscular, and therefore more of a risk in the minds of the cops. George Floyd, as a former athlete looked pretty muscular and tough. You are not going to apply a neck hold on 80 year 100 lbs persons.

I agree that that what the cops did was wrong, but don't see it as racism, not in the classical sense of racism. I also concede that even though many cops percieve black.suspects as more dangerous, the cops may be wrong in there thinking. I can't help but wonder if the woman cop Amber Guyger who walked into the wrong apartment and killed the man would have done so if the man had been white instead of black. Would she have been less afraid and not shoot? I see fear, rather than hatred, as a possible factor in these cop killings. If so, this unreasonable fear needs to be confronted and dealt with.

Here is exame of a black suspect being killed by a choke hole by a black security officer https://www.wsws.org/en/articles/2000/07/murd-j08.html I thinknthe article rightly points out these deaths not really a matter of race, but could be a matter of economics. Blacks, being at toward the bottom end of the economic scale, are more adversely affected.
    Last edited by Common Soldier; June 03, 2020 at 09:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Common Soldier View Post
    I agree that that whar the copa did waa wrong, but don't see it as racism, not in the classical sense of racism.

Here is exame of a black suspect being killed by a choke hole by a black security officer https://www.wsws.org/en/articles/2000/07/murd-j08.html I thinknthe article rightly points out these deaths not really a matter of race, but could be a matter of economics. Blacks, being at toward the bottom end of the economic scale, are more adversely affected.
    But you do understand why the Attorney General is charging them with murder, yes? The felony assault, leading to death? Look, we could be dealing with protests across the country right now but with an attorney literally shrugging his shoulders for charges if they'd only gotten off him and tried to save his life. If they'd tried to save his life on camera their perceived intent on camera would be completely different and not even the lawyer of the family could argue with what the Attorney General wouldn't be able to do but for the fact that it's his job. He could sue for wrongful death maybe. But not much more I don't think.

But the sheer large fight for change in policy, change in law, change in how things are run. That would still be happening.
    Last edited by Gaidin; June 03, 2020 at 09:51 PM.
    -Neil deGrasse Tyson

-Neil deGrasse Tyson

So "protesters" set fire to a police van and try to breach the building (no doubt peaceably), and one of the detention officers (who was deputized as this was happening) decides he wants to leave the building and join the protesters who torched a van and were trying to breach the building. And gets told no. Later he quits and joins the protesters (after getting out of uniform).
    I wonder what would have happened if he had been allowed to leave the building while the "protesters" were torching stuff and trying to storm it...

I normally don't talk about politics. I think we need to see the real facts on police shootings. Fact, 42 unarmed black and white shooting by cops, 20 whites died and 9 blacks died, these are facts from last year. Fact, cops are not targeting blacks. I think it's the other way around, blacks are targeting cops, they hate them with a passion. Fact, there is no systematic racism, this one baffles me. fact, the only racists that I see are inner-city blacks, they go around inner-cities in groups f 5 to 10, targeting lone white men or women or couples and beat them to a pulp, recording them, taking selfies and laughing, nobody can tell me that's not racist.

what kind of a society arrests rioters and looters, then releases them. Why? pure insanity.

Why would anybody in the U.S. criticize anyone for saying" I will never disrespect the U.S. Flag" what's wrong with people nowadays.

I think the college professors in the U.S. are teaching are youth to hate America, hate there skin color, hate everything about our culture, it's deeply disturbing to me, not sure about anyone else.

I have another fact, The real reason blacks get pulled over or stopped more than whites, they live in crime ridden neighborhoods. Blacks kill each other by the thousands, no one says a peep, soon as the democratic controlled media hears about a black man getting killed by a white cop, all hell breaks loose ridiculous.
    Last edited by Abdülmecid I; June 04, 2020 at 04:27 AM. Reason: Merged.

Quote Originally Posted by Warriordude View Post
    I have another fact, The real reason blacks get pulled over or stopped more than whites, they live in crime ridden neighborhoods. Blacks kill each other by the thousands, no one says a peep, soon as the democratic controlled media hears about a black man getting killed by a white cop, all hell breaks loose ridiculous.
    If the post made at all sense the way you're trying to frame it the African-Americans wouldn't have even broken ten percent of the American population.

Especially since whites kill whites quite a lot as well.

Care to attempt this one again?
    -Neil deGrasse Tyson

ggggtotalwarrior's Avatar hey it geg

Dude you can edit posts instead of quintuple posting
    Rep me and I'll rep you back.

UNDER THE PATRONAGE OF THE KING POSTER AKAR

Gaidin. Just check deaths of black on black crime, it's there for everyone to see. gggtotalwarrior was having issues with my keyboard lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Warriordude View Post
    Gaidin. Just check deaths of black on black crime, it's there for everyone to see. gggtotalwarrior was having issues with my keyboard lol.
    You realize whites are the same? Your point is moot. Buy a keyboard if you can't get your control key to work.
    -Neil deGrasse Tyson