Thread: Death of George Floyd and Subsequent Riots.

Default Re: Death of George Floyd and Subsequent Riots.

Quote Originally Posted by Muizer View Post
    As far as I recall he was wanted for something in the relational/personal sphere. Sure, it could be rape, but just by ticking that box he should not be assumed to pose the same risk to society as the rapist who preys on strangers.
    Use of force is always situational. The sexual assault allegations levied against Blake (which the officers knew about) formed part of the wider context of his interaction with police. They explain, in part, why the officers were so determined to prevent his escape. That said, deadly force was used as a last resort when there was reasonable cause to believe that Blake posed a significant threat of death/serious bodily injury to those around him.

Ludicus's Avatar Comes Limitis
    Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Thesaurian View Post
    who accidentally killed him.
    Accidently?...
    I watched the video in disbelief.
    OK...
    We Are Derek Chauvin, by Robert Hampton - The Unz Review
    St. George Floyd And Biden's Anti-White Regime—Enabled By Ethnomasochism -The Unz Review

The Unz is the heaven of the right wing libertarians. Thinking about it, as someone already put it, "Libertarianism" is the philosophy that white people should be able to do whatever they want.
    Last edited by Ludicus; April 24, 2021 at 02:48 PM.
    Il y a quelque chose de pire que d'avoir une âme perverse. C’est d'avoir une âme habituée
    Charles Péguy

Every human society must justify its inequalities: reasons must be found because, without them, the whole political and social edifice is in danger of collapsing”.
    Thomas Piketty

Quote Originally Posted by Ludicus View Post
    Accidently?...
    I watched the video in disbelief.
    OK...
    We Are Derek Chauvin, by Robert Hampton - The Unz Review
    St. George Floyd And Biden's Anti-White Regime—Enabled By Ethnomasochism -The Unz Review

The Unz is the heaven of the right wing libertarians. Thinking about it, as someone already put it, "Libertarianism" is the philosophy that white people should be able to do whatever they want.
    Chauvin wasn't charged with intentional homicide, nor did the prosecution allege racism as a motive.

So what's the problem then?
    Optio, Legio I Latina

Ludicus's Avatar Comes Limitis
    Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by Cope View Post
    Chauvin wasn't charged with intentional homicide, nor did the prosecution allege racism as a motive.
    The murder is a byproduct of systemic racism.American libertarianism is for white, generally privileged men. Even worse, disingenuously they tend to think that the libertarian ideology absolves them of racism.Of course "there is no systemic racism".Really. In doubt ask Ron Paul.
    Ron Paul Tweets Out Racist Message While Denigrating ...

A Jew, a "Yellow", a "Muslim" and a "Black"
    Last edited by Ludicus; May 01, 2021 at 01:23 PM.
    Il y a quelque chose de pire que d'avoir une âme perverse. C’est d'avoir une âme habituée
    Charles Péguy

Every human society must justify its inequalities: reasons must be found because, without them, the whole political and social edifice is in danger of collapsing”.
    Thomas Piketty

Quote Originally Posted by Ludicus View Post
    The murder is a byproduct of systemic racism.
    Interesting that the most significant instance of "systemic racism" in modern America (supposedly) was one in which there was no actual evidence of racial malice.

When interviewer Scott Pelley asked Ellison whether the murder was a hate crime, the prosecutor replied: "I wouldn't call it that because hate crimes are crimes where there's an explicit motive and of bias. We don't have any evidence that Derek Chauvin factored in George Floyd's race as he did what he did."
    American libertarianism is for white, generally privileged men. Even worse, disingenuously they tend to think that the libertarian ideology absolves them of racism.Of course "there is no systemic racism".Really. In doubt ask Ron Paul.
    Ron Paul Tweets Out Racist Message While Denigrating ...

A Jew, a "Yellow", a "Muslim" and a "Black"
    A Tweet from a Ron Paul staffer from more than two years prior to the Floyd killing is irrelevant to this discussion. Nevertheless, the lazy talking points about libertarians are predictably false.

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    Last edited by Cope; May 01, 2021 at 07:44 PM.

Indefinitely Banned

Interesting that the most significant instance of "systemic racism" in modern America (supposedly) was one in which there was no actual evidence of racial malice.
    >Cop

A Tweet from a Ron Paul staffer from more than two years prior to the Floyd killing is irrelevant to this discussion. Nevertheless, the lazy talking points about libertarians are predictably false.
    How is it irrelevant or false? This is what the man tweeted.
    Optio, Legio I Latina

Praeses

Did Ron Paul really tweet one of those chan-faked Garrison cartoons? Aren't political leader supposed to be smart?
    Jatte lambastes Calico Rat

Indefinitely Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclops View Post
    Aren't political leader supposed to be smart?
    RP1 Grande was an outlier in our system not much of a leader. That said we both know the answer to this question.

This is just a portion of a quote from the recently elected GOP congresshuman who leads the America First Caucus in the US House of Reps.

If they are beaming the suns energy back to Earth, I’m sure they wouldn’t ever miss a transmitter receiving station right??!! I mean mistakes are never made when anything new is invented. What would that look like anyway? A laser beam or light beam coming down to Earth I guess. Could that cause a fire? Hmmm, I don’t know. I hope not! That wouldn’t look so good for PG&E, Rothschild Inc, Solaren or Jerry Brown who sure does seem fond of PG&E.

The position could be forwarded that political leadership in a democracy should be representative of the constituency that elects it to office. Intelligence may not necessarily enter into the matter.

"You know… the thing" - President Joseph R. Biden, Jr., vaguely alluding to the Declaration of Independence

One of the jurors in the George Floyd case has been accused of bias and of lying on the jury questionnaire after he was discovered to have attended an MLK rally while wearning a BLM cap and a t-shirt with the words "Get your knee off our necks!" printed on it.
    Last edited by Cope; May 04, 2021 at 09:38 AM.

Sir Adrian's Avatar the Imperishable

Further proof that the jury system is morally obsolete.
    Under the patronage of Pie the Inkster Click here to find a hidden gem on the forum!

B. W.'s Avatar Primicerius

One of the jurors in the George Floyd case has been accused of bias and of lying on the jury questionnaire after he was discovered to have attended an MLK rally while wearning a BLM cap and a t-shirt with the words "Get your knee off our necks!" printed on it.
    That would be perjury.

I understand if a juror had a relative gone victim to police violence but that person can't have an opinion too?
    The Armenian Issue

WaPo reporting on it, too (but it is behind the paywall for me):
    https://www.washingtonpost.com/natio...n-trial-juror/

Vanoi's Avatar Dux Limitis
    Civitate

Quote Originally Posted by PointOfViewGun View Post
    I understand if a juror had a relative gone victim to police violence but that person can't have an opinion too?
    If there is serious concern they can conduct a new trial. New trial or old trial, the evidence was damning against Chauvin and pointing out the potential bias of one juror certainly does invalidate the other members who also all voted guilty.

It's just a pathetic attempt by Chauvin's defense to keep him out of prison.

Indefinitely Banned

One juror answering a question like this incorrectly does not matter and it isn't perjury in practice as anyone who has experience of the US justice system knows. There was always going to be an appeal; they will say silly stuff like Maxine Waters, this juror and the more realistic arguments that the city settling beforehand and the press coverage pretrial are grounds but its not close to enough.

Jury systems are harder to corrupt in nations with robust systems is why they are a wiser choice than our other current options. Ditto on the Trump nickname baby talk. Makes it easier to dismiss them but sadly that will not suffice. We need to excise them from our Grand Old Party and get back to traditional conservative ideals and fiscal policies.
    Last edited by enoch; May 04, 2021 at 11:04 PM. Reason: i see inside you

What's wrong with any of that? Other than the fact that the juror in question is probably anti-racist, I mean.
    Optio, Legio I Latina

Quote Originally Posted by Gromovnik View Post
    What's wrong with any of that? Other than the fact that the juror in question is probably anti-racist, I mean.
    The Sixth Amendment guarantees a right to an impartial jury. A juror who has lied (allegedly) on the questionnaire and has openly expressed a sentiment suggesting the defendant's guilt prior to the trial is unlikely to be impartial.