Thread: Death of George Floyd and Subsequent Riots.

Default Re: Kyle Rittenhouse-Kenosha shooter

Quote Originally Posted by PointOfViewGun View Post
    Yes, the cops were supposed to check his ID.
    The cops were supposed to check his ID because he was under 18, which they did not know, and they were not stopping and checking eveyone's ID.
    Got it.

Quote Originally Posted by Infidel144 View Post
    The cops were supposed to check his ID because he was under 18, which they did not know, and they were not stopping and checking eveyone's ID.
    Got it.
    The cops were supposed to check his ID. Period. The fact that he was carrying a rifle openly during a curfew makes it even more important. The fact that there were people shouting at the cops that he killed someone made is even more important.
    The Armenian Issue

So, that would be a no the cops did not know he was under 18, and a no the cops were not stopping and checking everyone's ID.
    While Rittenhouse was being aggressed on ("Every one of them simply tried to take the gun away...").
    It is likely that Rittenhouse was carrying the firearm illegally (possession of a dangerous weapon by a person under 18), although this is only a misdemeanor offence. As above, it would not, in and of itself, cause him to forfeit his privilege of self-defence.

The statute (948.60 (2)(a)) is as follows:

(2) 
    (a) Any person under 18 years of age who possesses or goes armed with a dangerous weapon is guilty of a Class A misdemeanor.

Wisconsin Legislature, statute 948.60.

Quote Originally Posted by PointOfViewGun View Post
    The cops were supposed to check his ID. Period. The fact that he was carrying a rifle openly during a curfew makes it even more important. The fact that there were people shouting at the cops that he killed someone made is even more important.
    Oh, the cops were supposed to check his ID after the event in which he killed people who were aggressing against him.

Quote Originally Posted by Cope View Post
    It is likely that Rittenhouse was carrying the firearm illegally (possession of a dangerous weapon by a person under 18), although this is only a misdemeanor offence. As above, it would not, in and of itself, cause him to forfeit his privilege of self-defence.

The statute (948.60 (2)(a)) is as follows:
    Yes, I think I have noted this previously.
    Last edited by Infidel144; September 21, 2020 at 07:06 AM.

Cookiegod's Avatar CIVUS DIVUS EX CLIBANO
    Citizen

Default Re: Death of George Floyd and Subsequent Riots.

They should've checked everyone's ID. Make the thugs pay for the damage they caused.

Quote Originally Posted by Cookiegod View Post
    From Socrates over Jesus to me it has always been the lot of any true visionary to be rejected by the reactionary bourgeoisie
    Qualis noncives pereo! #justiceforcookie #egalitéfraternitécookié #CLM

BLM's "What We Believe" page seems to have been memory-holed:
    https://blacklivesmatter.com/what-we-believe/

An archived version:
    https://web.archive.org/web/20200917...at-we-believe/

Sir Adrian's Avatar the Imperishable

It's amusing how these so-called progressive people have managed to regress 220 years. Somebody should tell them to look up Robert Owen and what happened in his trans-friendly communal villages.
    Under the patronage of Pie the Inkster Click here to find a hidden gem on the forum!

Aexodus's Avatar Persuasion>Coercion
    Blog Entries

BLM's "What We Believe" page seems to have been memory-holed:
    https://blacklivesmatter.com/what-we-believe/

An archived version:
    https://web.archive.org/web/20200917...at-we-believe/
    Hmm. Seems they and NYT are both airbrushing their radical left wing statements.

Are they trying to hide what they believe or something?

Anyway, racial struggle and police brutality is solved. The media’s moved on to other matters.
    Patronised by Pontifex Maximus
    Quote Originally Posted by Himster View Post
    The trick is to never be honest. That's what this social phenomenon is engineering: publicly conform, or else.

Quote Originally Posted by Aexodus View Post
    Hmm. Seems they and NYT are both airbrushing their radical left wing statements.

Are they trying to hide what they believe or something?

Anyway, racial struggle and police brutality is solved. The media’s moved on to other matters.
    Inevitably BLM et al will be removed from the foreground of public discourse in the event Biden wins, notwithstanding the most expensive riots in modern US history. They’ll be put back on the shelf til the next time the need to exploit perceived crises/undermine political opposition arises. That will not avert the steady march of political lobbying and legislation, of course, but the altered focus of the public will facilitate their advance in a way best conducted amid relative peace and quiet. The sanitization of public messaging is part of that shift.
    Of these facts there cannot be any shadow of doubt: for instance, that civil society was renovated in every part by Christian institutions; that in the strength of that renewal the human race was lifted up to better things-nay, that it was brought back from death to life, and to so excellent a life that nothing more perfect had been known before, or will come to be known in the ages that have yet to be. - Pope Leo XIII

Vanoi's Avatar Dux Limitis
    Civitate

https://www.yahoo.com/news/grand-jur...172936380.html

Grand jury indicts one of the officers involved in the death of Breonna Taylor with three counts of wanton endangerment.

Likely the best case scenario for this incident.

irontaino's Avatar Protector Domesticus
    Citizen

One officer indicated on lesser charges, the other two get off scott free. Welp, there's a reason government buildings in Louisville are currently boarded up and barricaded.

Edit: he's being indicted for the property he damaged and not the murder. Strap in kiddos, we're in for some more fun.
    Last edited by irontaino; September 23, 2020 at 01:51 PM.
    Fact:Apples taste good, and you can throw them at people if you're being attacked
    Under the patronage of big daddy Elfdude

A.B.A.P.

Quote Originally Posted by irontaino View Post
    One officer indicated on lesser charges, the other two get off scott free. Welp, there's a reason government buildings in Louisville are currently boarded up and barricaded.
    What is that reason? Leftist taliban using that as an excuse to riot and loot and whose victims are mainly black people?

Civitate

Quote Originally Posted by irontaino View Post

Edit: he's being indicted for the property he damaged and not the murder. Strap in kiddos, we're in for some more fun.
    Well not all hope is lost. The FBI investigation into Breonna Taylor's death is still on-going.

https://www.courier-journal.com/stor...nt/5865796002/

Muizer's Avatar member 3519
    Patrician Artifex

The more I read about policing in the US, the more I feel like I'm not looking at policing at all, but warfare.
    "Lay these words to heart, Lucilius, that you may scorn the pleasure which comes from the applause of the majority. Many men praise you; but have you any reason for being pleased with yourself, if you are a person whom the many can understand?" - Lucius Annaeus Seneca -

Quote Originally Posted by Muizer View Post
    The more I read about policing in the US, the more I feel like I'm not looking at policing at all, but warfare.
    How dare the evil police state prevent peaceful protesters from setting buildings on fire!

Quote Originally Posted by Muizer View Post

“Policing” indeed.
    Of these facts there cannot be any shadow of doubt: for instance, that civil society was renovated in every part by Christian institutions; that in the strength of that renewal the human race was lifted up to better things-nay, that it was brought back from death to life, and to so excellent a life that nothing more perfect had been known before, or will come to be known in the ages that have yet to be. - Pope Leo XIII

Muizer's Avatar member 3519
    Patrician Artifex

Quote Originally Posted by Heathen Hammer View Post
    How dare the evil police state prevent peaceful protesters from setting buildings on fire!
    I was referring to police intervention at Taylor's house, which sound more like the actions of a hostile occupying army than law enforcement amongst one's own citizens. That no-knock warrant .... It seems to me US police have a lot of leeway in precipitating situations where they end up shooting civilians in 'self defense'.
    "Lay these words to heart, Lucilius, that you may scorn the pleasure which comes from the applause of the majority. Many men praise you; but have you any reason for being pleased with yourself, if you are a person whom the many can understand?" - Lucius Annaeus Seneca -

As much as I think that judicial culling of police, government and alphabet agencies in America is long overdue, I find it quite amusing how its brought up by people who live in nations where you can get arrested for social media posts.

Civitate

Quote Originally Posted by Legio_Italica View Post

“Policing” indeed.
    Yes they just need to protest and justice will finally be served.

Kyle Rittenhouse's legal team released an 11-minute mini-documentary detailing their case for the teen's innocence.
    So the antifa "protesters" were mad that he was putting out fires they were starting and tried to kill him, and only when he was basically an inch away from being killed he resorted to use force, promptly reaching out to police shortly after. So much for the leftist narrative about "premeditated murder".