Page 25 of 141 FirstFirst ... 1516171819202122232425262728293031323334355075125 ... LastLast

Thread: Death of George Floyd and Subsequent Riots.

Default Re: Death of George Floyd and Subsequent Riots.

The way blacks do most of the crime in the inner-cities, do you think other races will treat criminals any differently? Everyone can read the stats to prove my point. The only reason you get away with the looting and burning stuff to ground is, you live in democratic cities the democrats need your vote, without your vote, they wouldn't be a party.

Quote Originally Posted by Warriordude View Post
    The way blacks do most of the crime in the inner-cities, do you think other races will treat criminals any differently? Everyone can read the stats to prove my point. The only reason you get away with the looting and burning stuff to ground is, you live in democratic cities the democrats need your vote, without your vote, they wouldn't be a party.
    Keep this up and the opposition may be forced to concede. A very well reasoned point. Let's see that the lefty anarchist prone, anti-capitalist SJW crowd has to say.

Ludicus's Avatar Comes Limitis
    Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by Vanoi View Post
    https://www.yahoo.com/gma/police-qua...opstories.html

This case could definitely be the right step toward police reform if the court rules against Qualified Immunity.
    I quote,
    the U.S. Supreme Court on Thursday will consider whether to revisit its 50-year-old doctrine of "qualified immunity" for law enforcement officers. This is the cornerstone of our culture of near-zero accountability for law enforcement.... It tells officers that they can shoot first and think later"
    In a country where racism is omnipresent, since his election, Trump's regime have emboldened white supremacists.I don't think it would be exaggerating to say that Lloyd's death reflects the historical roots of American policing, the slave patrols of 1700's. Learning from history, Slave Patrols: An Early Form of American Policing – National
    ---
    The man born in Quenia, the abominable America's's first Muslim president, voiced support for protesters: "remember that this country was founded on protest- it's called the American Revolution." I want to believe that things will change for better.
    Virginia Governor Plans to Order Robert E. Lee Statue Removed

Il y a quelque chose de pire que d'avoir une âme perverse. C’est d'avoir une âme habituée
    Charles Péguy

Every human society must justify its inequalities: reasons must be found because, without them, the whole political and social edifice is in danger of collapsing”.
    Thomas Piketty

Indefinitely Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Gaidin View Post
    Your 10=25 is an interesting Orwellian shift.
    Given the fecundity of the black and brown communities of america and the plight of white involuntary celibate males in america today and the picky and choosy nature of white american females, i'd give it 10 years at the earliest.

If you think if whites are so scared of being the minority, why are we still bringing in minorities by the millions. Blacks will always be the minority in this country, so why are you so thrilled about whites being one of the minorities, very strange
    Given the hysterical discourse amongst mainly white american males, there certainly is anxiety over 'white replacement' as white terrorists like brenton tarrant and dylan roof espouse

If you think if whites are so scared of being the minority, why are we still bringing in minorities by the millions. Blacks will always be the minority in this country, so why are you so thrilled about whites being one of the minorities, very strange
    Who gives a flying . It;s not white people who are the problem, it is :wub:s who wont leave black people alone to enjoy life , liberty and property and those who are too di to reconise that this behaviour will drag the country down.

Some strong language for obvious reasons

Black people cannot use swimming pool that they have paid for.

Pick up trash outside own dorm without risk of being shot dead

Do one's job (delivery driver)

Eat a sandwich without risk of jail

Own a pet dog and have dreads

Have a white grandma

Move into your new home

Babysit white children

Looking at a Karen

You get the picture.

Quote Originally Posted by Pontifex Maximus View Post
    anti-capitalist SJW crowd
    The US economy hasn't required the incarceration or murder of black people since the Confederacy was, quite rightfully, destroyed.
    Last edited by mongrel; June 04, 2020 at 07:12 PM.
    Absolutley Barking, Mudpit Mutt Former Patron: Garbarsardar

"Out of the crooked tree of humanity,no straight thing can be made." Immanuel Kant
    "Oh Yeah? What about a cricket bat? That's pretty straight. Just off the top of my head..." Al Murray, Pub Landlord.

What are you even talking about?

Implying statistics are a perfect representation of reality.

Quote Originally Posted by Legio_Italica View Post
    You continue to run from your own narrative because you know you have no leg to stand on. You specifically extenuated looting and violence as an unavoidable byproduct of legitimate protest, as opposed to violence by police being an avoidable conscious choice. Equating the condemnation of violence and looting with your attempts to excuse and rationalize it is just more false comparison bait.
    Systematic violence perpetrated by police is an avoidable choice. Looting and rioting is not a conscious choice perpetrated by an anti-police movement. Your attempts to write an alternative narrative are as insidious as Donald Trump's search for "alternative facts".

Quote Originally Posted by Exarch View Post
    Given the fecundity of the black and brown communities of america and the plight of white involuntary celibate males in america today and the picky and choosy nature of white american females, i'd give it 10 years at the earliest.
    The numbers not shifting nearly that fast. Last checked it's shifted from 2050 to 2045, but it's hardly shifted down to 2030. Like I said, your 25=10 is a very interesting Orwellian shift.
    One thing is for certain: the more profoundly baffled you have been in your life, the more open your mind becomes to new ideas.
    -Neil deGrasse Tyson

Let's think the unthinkable, let's do the undoable. Let us prepare to grapple with the ineffable itself, and see if we may not eff it after all.

Quote Originally Posted by Love Mountain View Post
    Systematic violence perpetrated by police is an avoidable choice. Looting and rioting is not a conscious choice perpetrated by an anti-police movement. Your attempts to write an alternative narrative are as insidious as Donald Trump's search for "alternative facts".
    Now your deflections turn to projection. Your alternative narratives do not validate your false comparisons extenuating riots and looting as unavoidable byproducts of legitimate peaceful protest. And really, are we going to wager there’s something insidious about my condemnation of violence and looting, or rather, about your attempts to rationalize and excuse it? I’m comfortable leaving my money where it’s at.
    Last edited by Lord Thesaurian; June 04, 2020 at 07:29 PM.
    Of these facts there cannot be any shadow of doubt: for instance, that civil society was renovated in every part by Christian institutions; that in the strength of that renewal the human race was lifted up to better things-nay, that it was brought back from death to life, and to so excellent a life that nothing more perfect had been known before, or will come to be known in the ages that have yet to be. - Pope Leo XIII

Now your deflections turn to projection. Your alternative narratives do not validate your false comparisons extenuating riots and looting as unavoidable byproducts of legitimate peaceful protest.
    The fact that you think I'm suggesting or characterizing these "by-product" as unavoidable is already proof that this is a narrative of your own construction, rather than the reality.

And really, are we going to wager there’s something insidious about my condemnation of violence and looting, or rather, about your attempts to rationalize and excuse it? I’m comfortable leaving my money where it’s at.
    Yes, we are going to wager. Funny how few complaints were given about Hong Kong. Or the Yellow Jackets. Or Euromaidan. Of course not, those were legitimate protests against authoritarian powers where the government left protesters no choice when they cracked down on them. Everybody would prefer less violence and looting, but protesters and their organizers have very limited control over how that happens and they cannot stop their protests until they're satisfied with the results of their actions. On the other hand, the conscious decision to respond to these protests with violence and other unacceptable conduct deserves every criticism it can get.

Indefinitely Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Gaidin View Post
    The numbers not shifting nearly that fast. Last checked it's shifted from 2050 to 2045, but it's hardly shifted down to 2030. Like I said, your 25=10 is a very interesting Orwellian shift.
    even more interesting is that white anxiety over the inevitable displacement is causing the current race riots, this is of course normal if one considers that america is a white supremacist state like apartheid south africa

The fact that you think I'm suggesting or characterizing these "by-product" as unavoidable is already proof that this is a narrative of your own construction, rather than the reality.
    Your flagrant denial of your own words is reason enough to dismiss them.
    Yes, we are going to wager. Funny how few complaints were given about Hong Kong. Or the Yellow Jackets. Or Euromaidan. Of course not, those were legitimate protests against authoritarian powers where the government left protesters no choice when they cracked down on them. Everybody would prefer less violence and looting, but protesters and their organizers have very limited control over how that happens and they cannot stop their protests until they're satisfied with the results of their actions. On the other hand, the conscious decision to respond to these protests with violence and other unacceptable conduct deserves every criticism it can get.
    Whataboutism does not validate your false comparisons. You equated violence and looting with legitimate peaceful protests, not me. Let's not excuse violence, or rationalize it, or participate in it. If we want our criminal justice system, and American society at large, to operate on a higher ethical code, then we have to model that code ourselves. Looting and violence is not a protest. It does not honor the legacy of Martin Luther King Jr. and the Civil Rights movement. It does not protest anything. Projecting that observation as insidious won’t help your attempts to excuse and rationalize violence and looting.
    Of these facts there cannot be any shadow of doubt: for instance, that civil society was renovated in every part by Christian institutions; that in the strength of that renewal the human race was lifted up to better things-nay, that it was brought back from death to life, and to so excellent a life that nothing more perfect had been known before, or will come to be known in the ages that have yet to be. - Pope Leo XIII

B. W.'s Avatar Primicerius

Quote Originally Posted by mongrel View Post
    Who gives a flying . It;s not white people who are the problem, it is :wub:s who wont leave black people alone to enjoy life , liberty and property and those who are too di to reconise that this behaviour will drag the country down.

Some strong language for obvious reasons

Black people cannot use swimming pool that they have paid for.

Pick up trash outside own dorm without risk of being shot dead

Do one's job (delivery driver)

Eat a sandwich without risk of jail

Own a pet dog and have dreads

Have a white grandma

Move into your new home

Babysit white children

Looking at a Karen

You get the picture.

The US economy hasn't required the incarceration or murder of black people since the Confederacy was, quite rightfully, destroyed.
    I'm calling BS on this. Not because they aren't true, but because they want people to believe this stuff only happens to black people.

I was on my way to work one morning and stopped to get a donut. It was dark and when I got out of my truck this cop ran up and slammed me against my truck. He claimed I made an illegal left turn. Another cop came up and said, "what's the problem?" The cop that had me pinned said, "he made an illegal turn."

After an interval of several minutes they finally got around to asking me why I made a turn from the divider in the road. I told it was to prevent a wreck because cars were speeding and I would have caused a wreck if I hadn't moved out of the way. I told them its called defensive driving. The cop said "oh". They didn't even apologize and yeah, it caused me to be late for work.

I had 10 years martial arts experience ad could easily have decked them both, but you just can't do that. If you're dealing with an idiot cop you have to let them clam down and they will eventually.

Another time a black co-worker was complaining to me about getting a ticket on a one way street that looked like a two-way street and he said they did it because he was black. I reached in my pocket and showed him a ticket I got the day before at the very same spot. Some little towns do this stuff just to make money.

CHICAGO (WBBM NEWSRADIO) -- Mayor Lightfoot said she’s hopeful major retailers will reopen the Chicago stores that were looted or otherwise damaged during protests surrounding George Floyd’s killing by police in Minnesota. But, she’s unsure of one of the biggest.
    Mayor Lightfoot said she was on a conference call with Walmart and other major retailers that had stores looted or heavily damaged during the unrest in Chicago. She said she pleaded with them to not abandon Chicago.
    "I think in the case of Walmart, what they were focused on was assessing the damage. They are doing an effort to donate fresh produce, to the extent of what's left so it doesn't perish, and other perishables, and they are talking their time, as I would expect."
    There were earlier reports that Walmart expected to rebuild all stores trashed by looters and vandals, but company officials later said they would open some stores and would not say which ones.
    https://wbbm780.radio.com/articles/m...bandon-chicago

I wonder how many thousands of inner city jobs these riots are going to end up destroying.

That just proves cops are s, they are s to me to, doesn't mean they are racists and singling out blacks, you live in a black neighborhood, makes sense they arrest more blacks especially in high crime areas.
    just found some more facts for the blacks and liberal whites
    white on black incidents 2018 59,777
    black on white incidents 2018 547,948
    so who is the victim now
    Do you think by defunding the police crime will just disappear, the thugs and looters will be released on black communities.
    Blacks need to wake up also, your leaders are lying to you, they want to stay in control of you.
    Last edited by Warriordude; June 04, 2020 at 10:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by B. W. View Post
    I'm calling BS on this. Not because they aren't true, but because they want people to believe this stuff only happens to black people.

I was on my way to work one morning and stopped to get a donut. It was dark and when I got out of my truck this cop ran up and slammed me against my truck. He claimed I made an illegal left turn. Another cop came up and said, "what's the problem?" The cop that had me pinned said, "he made an illegal turn."

After an interval of several minutes they finally got around to asking me why I made a turn from the divider in the road. I told it was to prevent a wreck because cars were speeding and I would have caused a wreck if I hadn't moved out of the way. I told them its called defensive driving. The cop said "oh". They didn't even apologize and yeah, it caused me to be late for work.

I had 10 years martial arts experience ad could easily have decked them both, but you just can't do that. If you're dealing with an idiot cop you have to let them clam down and they will eventually.

Another time a black co-worker was complaining to me about getting a ticket on a one way street that looked like a two-way street and he said they did it because he was black. I reached in my pocket and showed him a ticket I got the day before at the very same spot. Some little towns do this stuff just to make money.
    I'm pretty sure it happens to others too, but at least BLM are prepared to do something about it. Why not join in? You know how it feels like.

Quote Originally Posted by tgoodenow View Post
    https://wbbm780.radio.com/articles/m...bandon-chicago

I wonder how many thousands of inner city jobs these riots are going to end up destroying.
    Who knows, but at least they can breathe easier now. Or just breathe, that would be enough.

That just proves cops are s, they are s to me to, doesn't mean they are racists and singling out blacks, you live in a black neighborhood, makes sense they arrest more blacks especially in high crime areas.
    just found some more facts for the blacks and liberal whites
    white on black incidents 2018 59,777
    black on white incidents 2018 547,948
    so who is the victim now
    Do you think by defunding the police crime will just disappear, the thugs and looters will be released on black communities.
    Blacks need to wake up also, your leaders are lying to you, they want to stay in control of you.
    The police should be acountable to the people they serve.If they don't want cops in schools or money wasted on armoured personnel carriers, good on them. If it requires 5 squad cars, all cops with guns drawn, to deal with a very minor traffic offence, there's an issue of too much resource, let alone the disproportionate risk to life.
    https://www.washingtonpost.com/natio...ran-stop-sign/

If police budgets can afford to pay out large sums for civil rights violations , they have too much money.Millions are wasted on so-called counter -terrorism that feature no counter terrorism training at all, just anti-Islamic powerpoint presentations. That money can go to education, healthcare, or if one is conservative-minded, tax cuts. Crime wouldn't disappear, but it would help if all the bull charges were taken off the record, saving even more money from the courts system.
    Last edited by mongrel; June 04, 2020 at 11:47 PM.

"Out of the crooked tree of humanity,no straight thing can be made." Immanuel Kant
    "Oh Yeah? What about a cricket bat? That's pretty straight. Just off the top of my head..." Al Murray, Pub Landlord.

Your flagrant denial of your own words is reason enough to dismiss them.
    Quote my "so-called" denial.

Whataboutism does not validate your false comparisons. You equated violence and looting with legitimate peaceful protests, not me. Let's not excuse violence, or rationalize it, or participate in it. If we want our criminal justice system, and American society at large, to operate on a higher ethical code, then we have to model that code ourselves. Looting and violence is not a protest. It does not honor the legacy of Martin Luther King Jr. and the Civil Rights movement. It does not protest anything. Projecting that observation as insidious won’t help your attempts to excuse and rationalize violence and looting.
    Don't accuse other of whataboutism when the bulk of your posts have been about looting and rioting, rather than the larger issue at hand. A much larger one. Somebody is unacquainted with the Civil Rights Movement and MLK if you think that looting, rioting, and protests of this magnitude and conduct are something unseen in MLK's time. On the contrary, while Martin Luther King regretted the violence perpetrated by angry African Americans, he insisted that the larger issue was the conditions of the country that led to the riots in the first place.

Instead of wildly decrying the response and conduct of law enforcement, the President, conservative pundits, you are talking down to a movement that still largely (aside from extremists) does not want to riot violently, to loot, or to destroy property. The vast majority are protesting peacefully, this is despite the fact that in many places, the police have responded with disproportionate heavy handedness. In D.C. they literally tried to beat the out of an Australian news crew while violently getting protesters out of the way for a Trump photo shoot. There's hundreds of videos of police brutality in response to unarmed and nonviolent protesters.

At this point, with the head of government, various police departments, and many other prominent Republicans simply refusing to acknowledge any grievances of the protests and conflating them with violence, are likely going to see an escalation in violence. I'm sure we'll see more whining form the rest of the Forum, about how upset they at the destruction of private property rather than get angry at the current head of government for refusing to do anything to alleviate tensions. This is akin to getting angry at an abused wife for lashing out against her abuser because "violence is wrong".

Quote my "so-called" denial.

Don't accuse other of whataboutism when the bulk of your posts have been about looting and rioting, rather than the larger issue at hand. A much larger one. Somebody is unacquainted with the Civil Rights Movement and MLK if you think that looting, rioting, and protests of this magnitude and conduct are something unseen in MLK's time. On the contrary, while Martin Luther King regretted the violence perpetrated by angry African Americans, he insisted that the larger issue was the conditions of the country that led to the riots in the first place.

Instead of wildly decrying the response and conduct of law enforcement, the President, conservative pundits, you are talking down to a movement that still largely (aside from extremists) does not want to riot violently, to loot, or to destroy property. The vast majority are protesting peacefully, this is despite the fact that in many places, the police have responded with disproportionate heavy handedness. In D.C. they literally tried to beat the

out of an Australian news crew while violently getting protesters out of the way for a Trump photo shoot. There's hundreds of videos of police brutality in response to unarmed and nonviolent protesters.

At this point, with the head of government, various police departments, and many other prominent Republicans simply refusing to acknowledge any grievances of the protests and conflating them with violence, are likely going to see an escalation in violence. I'm sure we'll see more whining form the rest of the Forum, about how upset they at the destruction of private property rather than get angry at the current head of government for refusing to do anything to alleviate tensions. This is akin to getting angry at an abused wife for lashing out against her abuser because "violence is wrong".
    Stop digging. Coping this hard after you got called out for attempting to rationalize and excuse violence and looting is just another useless deflection from your own words. Doubling and tripling down on your equivocation of violence and looting with legitimate, peaceful protests embodies precisely the toxicity and obfuscation of which you accuse others.

I see now it's pointless to argue with some people, you give them the facts, they still cry racism, they destroy there own communities, attack there own cops, criticize there own progressive legal system, no wonder they stay in crime ridden, poverty stricken communities. I say let them defund the police, maybe they like killing each other. The definition of insanity is doing the same things over and over and expecting a different outcome, something like that lol. I'm pretty much done trying to reason with brainwashed nutts.
    Last edited by Warriordude; June 05, 2020 at 12:45 AM.

Stop digging. Coping this hard after you got called out for attempting to rationalize and excuse violence and looting is just another useless deflection from your own words. Doubling and tripling down on your equivocation of violence and looting with legitimate, peaceful protests embodies precisely the toxicity and obfuscation of which you accuse others.
    He's right though.With a few brave exceptions the GOP are impotent because people know that they encouraged excessive police violence with no regard on the effect it had on law-abiding citizens. After St John's Trump the Bunker Boy is finished.

This is hilarious. The one who got called out was you.

I would think acknowledging the protesters' concerns and asking them to channel their anguish in more productive/less destructive ways to be a more effective appeal than attempting to part protesters with the belief that Floyd was a victim of racism, regardless of her personal beliefs.
    Stop insinuating that these protests are violent, instead of peaceful, by lumping looters and rioters with protesters. Moreover, turning a near blind eye towards police brutality that only incenses otherwise peaceful protesters into rioting (like we've seen in DC after Trump violently cleared a crowd for a photo-op), is only a one step better than what Trump and GOP are doing.