Thread: Death of George Floyd and Subsequent Riots.

Default Re: Death of George Floyd and Subsequent Riots.

I guess, FBI, DHS and Attorney General are all wrong, and Vanoi is right.

Vanoi's Avatar Dux Limitis
    Civitate

Quote Originally Posted by Heathen Hammer View Post
    I guess, FBI, DHS and Attorney General are all wrong, and Vanoi is right.
    Wray's words aren't going away no matter how much you ignore them.

Quote Originally Posted by Vanoi View Post
    Wray's words aren't going away no matter how much you ignore them.
    I wasn't the one who outright ignored all 3 agencies just to repeat same quote where he doesn't name any specific groups and just provides general definition which describes antifa and BLM perfectly: racially-motivated violent extremist group. You can perform olympic levels of mental gymnastics and grasp on as many semantic straws as you want, but it doesn't change the fact that definition is there and US officials on multiple level admitted that groups like antifa fit under that definition.

Are you the FBI director and hiding it from all of us HH?
    One thing is for certain: the more profoundly baffled you have been in your life, the more open your mind becomes to new ideas.
    -Neil deGrasse Tyson

Let's think the unthinkable, let's do the undoable. Let us prepare to grapple with the ineffable itself, and see if we may not eff it after all.

Civitate

I wasn't the one who outright ignored all 3 agencies just to repeat same quote where he doesn't name any specific groups and just provides general definition which describes antifa and BLM perfectly: racially-motivated violent extremist group. You can perform olympic levels of mental gymnastics and grasp on as many semantic straws as you want, but it doesn't change the fact that definition is there and US officials on multiple level admitted that groups like antifa fit under that definition.
    Wray's testimony isn't going away. FBI director Wray has already talked about both Antifia and BLM and does not describe them at all as RMVEs groups not terror groups. In fact he refers to anarchists when talking about Antifia, not RMVEs.

You say they fit the definition because thats your interpretation. Your interpretation is your opinion and not fact. Unless Wray directly declares Antifia and BLM to be RMVE groups you have no argument.

Quote Originally Posted by Vanoi View Post
    Wray's testimony isn't going away. FBI director Wray has already talked about both Antifia and BLM and does not describe them at all as RMVEs groups not terror groups. In fact he refers to anarchists when talking about Antifia, not RMVEs.

You say they fit the definition because thats your interpretation. Your interpretation is your opinion and not fact. Unless Wray directly declares Antifia and BLM to be RMVE groups you have no argument.
    Again, Wray didn't name any groups, he only gave a definition, which describes groups like antifa and BLM. Other security agency and AG named them anyways, so the demagogic semantic point you are trying to make about my "interpretation" doesn't even stand here anyways. But feel free to repeat same mantra again, if that's your thing.

Civitate

Again, Wray didn't name any groups, he only gave a definition, which describes groups like antifa and BLM.
    According to you it fits. Your opinion is not fact.

Other security agency and AG named them anyways, so the demagogic semantic point you are trying to make about my "interpretation" doesn't even stand here anyways. But feel free to repeat same mantra again, if that's your thing.
    Wray's testimony is still not going away. He again discusses both BLM and Antifia and never once describes them as racially motivated violent groups.

And your lying btw. Neither the AG nor DHS has ever described or stated that either Antifia or BLM were RMVEs.

Again, everyone including major security organizations and Attorney General are wrong, but Vanoi's opinion is correct. Seriously dude, you should apply to CIA or something.

Default Kyle Rittenhouse-Kenosha shooter

I know this is fairly old news, but I ended up discussing with people I know and they relayed an interesting point of view from another person we knew. The person has opposing views than I do but we get along well and have good discussions (almost always agree to disagree with politics). I have always considered him intelligent (and still do) and rational, though the last one I'm beginning to doubt, at least in a few items including this.

The opinion of the person was that Kyle is a murderer and he basis this on the belief that Kyle shouldn't have been there and he had a gun. Hence if Kyle wasn't there the 2 guys would have been alive and none of this would have happened. Therefore Kyle is guilty of murder because he shouldn't have been there and have a gun. I have read this view on web sites (almost all left) but I just considered them trolls or those trying to blame everything on those who disagree with their ideology. You can read from the first link of people writing what I wrote above and blaming everything except the guys that got shot (Trump, NRA, etc).
    There are plenty of counter arguments to this situation, I just don't get the rational of those that are proponents of Kyle being a "murderer". Any thoughts from those that agree with the "he's a murderer" group?

For those unfamiliar with the story (this was going to be a different story and these below are mostly notes):
    The news article I’m using for this completely surprised me considering their political bias, but in this case I found it very informative, straight to the point and most of all fact based:
    https://www.nytimes.com/2020/08/27/u...ing-video.html
    The other one from a conservative site which gives a possible origin to how this began:
    https://www.ammoland.com/2020/09/why...d-and-charged/
    It seems Kyle put out a dumpster fire that was lit by the “protesters”, and that made some unhappy, but that is speculation. But what is known is that people started chasing Kyle and this is how the rest of the story unfolded.
    Now the problem I have with this situation is those who somehow say it wasn’t self defense. As seen in this retailing of the event, I just don’t see it any other way:
    https://heavy.com/news/2020/08/kyle-rittenhouse/
    Article after article show Kyle was trying to help people with his “med-kit” , protecting property or cleaning up damage done by the “peaceful” protesters. The conservative Town Hall as well as others say such things:
    https://townhall.com/tipsheet/bethba...nosha-n2575328
    Then on the other side, the liberal outlets you have the victimization of the 3 that were shot:
    https://www.huffpost.com/entry/victi...b64f17e13a9546
    Two men killed at a protest for Jacob Blake were a father and a skater who tried to disarm the shooter. A third injured man was a volunteer medic.
    And then you have another liberal “news” which has eye witness’s:
    https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...ke/5675987002/
    Even in this article Kyle is trying to help people, but of course one eyewitness knew he was bad news. But here is an important part of one of the “eyewitness’s”
    "He knew he messed up," Jeremiah said. "He panicked. Even his people knew what he did was wrong. They were all shouting at him, 'What are you doing? What are you doing?' I saw it in their faces. I saw it in their body language."
    Yet none of this is in any of the videos, as Kyle was not with the others in his group as he was being chased. I’m not going to get into the criminal records of the 3 “victims” who were shot it is irrelevant to the events of that night. But for me it was their own actions that cost them their own lives.
    What justification is there for accusing Kyle Rittenhouse of murder when it was clearly self defense? I have seen some people write that he shouldn’t have been there, and that he was 17 and shouldn’t have been there. I actually agree with these statements, it was illegal for him to have that fire arm and a 17 year old shouldn’t be in that situation.
    Conversely though, not one of those rioters are without excuse for being a part of people who were damaging property, intimidation and hurting people. Kyle had as much right as the rioters for being there. At least Kyle went there to protect, not damage, to offer aid and not a beat down. 3 grown men chased him down and 2 died for it. Where is the justification for the murder charges against Kyle?
    https://dailycaller.com/2020/08/28/k...iminal-records
    My apologies for errors as I didn't get to proof read this as much I normally do.