Page 30 of 141 FirstFirst ... 52021222324252627282930313233343536373839405580130 ... LastLast

Thread: Death of George Floyd and Subsequent Riots.

Vanoi's Avatar Dux Limitis
    Civitate

Default Re: Death of George Floyd and Subsequent Riots.

Quote Originally Posted by Cope View Post
    Yahoo chose to manipulate the context of the president's remarks precisely because they deserved no specific attention sans adulteration.
    Blaming Yahoo now for manipulating?

https://www.masslive.com/news/2020/0...y-for-him.html

https://www.chicagotribune.com/natio...outputType=amp

Are they manipulating it too?

Their article is a fairly standard example of fake news. Your personal disapproval of Trump's comments in their actual context (as provided by the transcript and the video) is extraneous to that point. Even so, it clearly not inappropriate for the president to mention George Floyd when commenting on the need for equal treatment before law enforcement.

In any case, I have no intention of going round in circles on this, so I'll leave it at that.
    Its not fake news as other sources say the same thing. And you didn't answer my question. What was so special about that day that George Floyd would be happy looking down on America? If you can make excuses for Trump i'm sure you can explain what he meant and why.

caratacus's Avatar Primicerius

Quote Originally Posted by mongrel View Post
    Hold your horses (No pun intended), it was hardly Peterloo. Not clear why the decision to deploy mounted units, but what is clear is that one horse wasn't having it, deposited his rider on a lamp post and ed off home. In my view horses should not be deployed unless as a last resort.
    This incident occured but yards away from Downiing Street where the PM is based. Those attending came fully prepared with missiles, including flares which were thrown across the barrier into Downing Street and lines of police officers protecting it. Mounted officers had every reason to be there, as the crowd were clearly attempting to provoke trouble.

Although it would be fair to say that the majority of those rotesting that day, were peaceful. They just should not have been allowed to assemble given we have a pandemic going on here and it posses a serious risks to lives caused by the virus spreading. I cannot believe people can be so stupid and irresponsible

Indefinitely Banned

Why is it that a feature of American liberal democracy is to blame foreign countries for the inherent problems caused by a racist white supremacist caste structure?
    US accuses China of using George Floyd death for propaganda

• US Secretary of State Mike Pompeo said that no ‘lie is too obscene’ for Chinese ‘dictatorship’

The United States on Saturday accused China of using the unrest triggered by the death of George Floyd in police custody to justify denying its own people basic human rights.

Source: https://www.scmp.com/news/world/unit...box=1591479202

Nothing to do with China, this is all on you, pal.

In other news, anyone remember this? In a disgraceful display, riot police resigned to protest the indictment of two of their own who pushed an elderly man to the ground causing a brain bleed (GRAPHIC)

https://www.cbc.ca/news/world/police-investigations-us-1.5599674
    Last edited by Abdülmecid I; June 07, 2020 at 04:48 AM. Reason: Continuity.

Quote Originally Posted by Vanoi View Post
    Blaming Yahoo now for manipulating?

https://www.masslive.com/news/2020/0...y-for-him.html

https://www.chicagotribune.com/natio...outputType=amp

Are they manipulating it too?

Its not fake news as other sources say the same thing. And you didn't answer my question. What was so special about that day that George Floyd would be happy looking down on America? If you can make excuses for Trump i'm sure you can explain what he meant and why.
    I appreciate you finding additional sources making the same misleading claims. They serve only to illustrate the systemic nature of the press' politicized disinformation efforts (the very essence of fake news). Here is CNN and MSNBC spreading the same falsehoods.

Anyway, as I've said, I have no interest in riding the semantic merry-go-round; you are entitled to believe whatever suits you.
    Last edited by Cope; June 06, 2020 at 09:25 PM.

This is a typical example of American race relations being foisted on Europe by an unscrupulous, globalized media apparatus. Thirteen black people have died in custody in the UK over the past ten years (the majority, presumably, not in suspicious circumstances). There is no trend of police violence against black people in the UK, not matter how hard the usual outlets deploy the disparate impact fallacy to imply some sort of comparison.
    In my view this is a continuation of the phenomenon we are seeing with regard to global unrest as a fallout of the pandemic. Societal strain is manifesting in global anti-lockdown protests, and now, anti-racism and anti-police brutality protests. We’re seeing the latter even in countries with minimal instances of interracial police brutality, just as we saw the former in areas with comparatively minimal official quarantine restrictions in place. In Chile, for example, riots raged for months after what initially began as resistance to a four cent increase in subway fare, but have grown into widespread calls for comprehensive government reform.

In a world where identities and narratives isolate and reinforce themselves with unique efficiency online, combining pandemic conditions with related trigger events amplified by mass media could plausibly induce the kinds of reactionary group think responses associated with mass hysteria. The common theme here, to me, is the explicit antigovernment flavor, as people seek an outlet for their collective fear, resentment and frustration at a time when economic and political unrest was already growing around the globe. Studying all this with the gift of hindsight will surely be fascinating 10 years from now. The question remains whether governments and societies can withstand associated reactionary pressures. These trends were anticipated based on observations made earlier this year as a crisis unto itself, and will continue to expose social and political vulnerabilities.
    Of these facts there cannot be any shadow of doubt: for instance, that civil society was renovated in every part by Christian institutions; that in the strength of that renewal the human race was lifted up to better things-nay, that it was brought back from death to life, and to so excellent a life that nothing more perfect had been known before, or will come to be known in the ages that have yet to be. - Pope Leo XIII

Not at all, we too have a racist clown running our country. He needs to be tested.
    Your definition of racist clown is funny, but not in the same way clowns are funny. By funny I guess I mean historically ignorant and culturally tone deaf. The UK doesn't even have half the baggage the US does in terms of race relations, but we can always rely on guilty white liberals such as [any white democratic elected official, case in point the mayor of Minneapolis] to pander for political gains.
    Last edited by Pontifex Maximus; June 06, 2020 at 08:42 PM.

Ludicus's Avatar Comes Limitis
    Citizen

president's remarks precisely because they deserved no specific attention
    No specific attention, he says...
    Trump said: "Hopefully George is looking down and saying this is a great thing that's happening for our country. (It's) a great day for him. It's a great day for everybody"
    Trump was talking about jobs numbers and the hypocrite said: "greatest thing that could happen for race relations."
    May George's soul rest in peace, happy in the sky.
    Il y a quelque chose de pire que d'avoir une âme perverse. C’est d'avoir une âme habituée
    Charles Péguy

Every human society must justify its inequalities: reasons must be found because, without them, the whole political and social edifice is in danger of collapsing”.
    Thomas Piketty

Indefinitely Banned

Ethnic cleansing in the US has gotten to the point where the white supremacists are now murdering African diplomats' children:

Gambia demands probe after US police shoot dead diplomat's son
    Source: https://www.bbc.com/news/world-africa-52906758

Mind you, this follows a pattern whereby the powerful in the USG are allowed to kill whomsoever they want and get away with it:
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Death_of_Harry_Dunn

Ludicus's Avatar Comes Limitis
    Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by Pontifex Maximus View Post
    The UK doesn't even have half the baggage the US does in terms of race relations...
    Well...in the last century?

I mean, outside South Africa under the apartheid regime in the second half of the 20th century.

Il y a quelque chose de pire que d'avoir une âme perverse. C’est d'avoir une âme habituée
    Charles Péguy

Every human society must justify its inequalities: reasons must be found because, without them, the whole political and social edifice is in danger of collapsing”.
    Thomas Piketty

^ silly argument is silly. But if you insist, then sure. Europe is more racist than the U.S. Congratulations Europe, you won!

Indefinitely Banned

Comparing the two, UK police are preferable to the 'roided up paramilitary style police of the United States, most of whom are former soldiers of the iraq and Afghanistan war and so treat the people the same way they treat non combatants in a war zone- as potential enemies.

Having said that, UK society is still as racist as any anglo society today despite importing blacks and arabs in an effort to prove to the world that they're not racist. Pogroms and racist attacks against Chinese students in the UK indicate the glaring problems the UK has with racism today.

Quote Originally Posted by caratacus View Post
    This incident occured but yards away from Downiing Street where the PM is based. Those attending came fully prepared with missiles, including flares which were thrown across the barrier into Downing Street and lines of police officers protecting it. Mounted officers had every reason to be there, as the crowd were clearly attempting to provoke trouble.

Although it would be fair to say that the majority of those rotesting that day, were peaceful. They just should not have been allowed to assemble given we have a pandemic going on here and it posses a serious risks to lives caused by the virus spreading. I cannot believe people can be so stupid and irresponsible
    Yards away from Downing St , which is protected by a bombproof gate.

The decision about whether people could assemble was entirely down to the Met and other police forces. It is clear that many 000s of people of all backgrounds found the issue of systemic race discrimination far more important than the risk to their lives. Nothing unusual about that. The protests in East Germany risked people being shot, in Tianananmen Square likewise.In any even if the elite are able to breach the rules,with the open support of the PM and the Conservative Party, is it any wonder that others will disregard them, as they have done in every beach and park in the land.

I would suggest that mounted officers should be a last resort, when there is a serious risk to public safety. The deployment yesterday was, as we saw, utterly counterproductive.

Perhaps if the UK goverment took race relations seriously we would not be having this conversation.
    Last edited by mongrel; June 06, 2020 at 10:11 PM.
    Absolutley Barking, Mudpit Mutt Former Patron: Garbarsardar

"Out of the crooked tree of humanity,no straight thing can be made." Immanuel Kant
    "Oh Yeah? What about a cricket bat? That's pretty straight. Just off the top of my head..." Al Murray, Pub Landlord.

Quote Originally Posted by Infidel144 View Post
    Providing bail is not aiding and abetting. Though, as the looters and rioters are white supremacists, nazis, police infiltrators and agents provocateur, I'm not sure why "celebrities" would be providing bail for them...
    Probably because they are left wing extremists, Antifa.

Indefinitely Banned

The US paramilitary forces have descended upon the capitol to ensure the BLM don't burn down the White House like the British did back in 1812.

Why i find really disturbing are the non Id'd, non badge wearing paramilitary forces with vests, bandoliers and guns arresting people and detaining them and even executing them offsite.
    Last edited by Abdülmecid I; June 07, 2020 at 04:48 AM. Reason: Continuity.

Indefinitely Banned

Russia urges the U.S. to ‘observe democratic standards’ and respect Americans’ right to protest

The Russian Foreign Ministry said, “it’s time for the U.S. to drop the mentor’s tone and look in the mirror”

Russian President Vladimir Putin.
    Source: https://www.marketwatch.com/amp/stor...F-F77FB1D075D5

Just like how in the 80s, the apartheid state of south africa drew national condemnation for its racist policies, so too is the white anglo supremacist state of the US

Chicago PD Strikes Police Board President five times while he was joining a protest. Ironically after an interview praising their restraint.

Yea. Go after the black man in the legs with your batons Chicago. We know that worked for LA. Better yet. Go after the line! Forget how to diffuse the situation!
    One thing is for certain: the more profoundly baffled you have been in your life, the more open your mind becomes to new ideas.
    -Neil deGrasse Tyson

Let's think the unthinkable, let's do the undoable. Let us prepare to grapple with the ineffable itself, and see if we may not eff it after all.

Russia, the beacon of human rights and democracy lol. Even the American left sees Russia as the boogey man behind the puppet Trump presidency.

Indefinitely Banned

BLM ' racial sensitivity trainer to the police' castrated by police
    https://www.mercurynews.com/2020/06/...et-at-protest/

Apparently he was shot in the testicles and can no longer have children.

Typical of the white supremacism of the US elites who invoke their 14 words:
    Fourteen Words, 14, or 14/88, is a reference to the fourteen-word slogan "We must secure the existence of our people and a future for white children,"[1] or the less commonly used "Because the beauty of the White Aryan woman must not perish from the earth."[2] The slogans were originally coined by white supremacist David Lane,[3] a founding member of the terrorist organization The Order[4] and serve as a rallying cry for militant white nationalists across the globe.[5]
    Fittingly, the BLM is married to a white woman so it appears effort was made to castrate him to carry out the philosophy of the 14 words

Two police officers shoved an old man during the protests and the man falling back hit his head hard on the ground, bleeding a lot as the police officers mostly walked by unmoved. The two officers were later arrested.

Buffalo officers filmed shoving 75-year-old protester charged with assault

Police officers in Buffalo, however, have stood by their colleagues. On Saturday a crowd of off-duty officers, firefighters and others gathered outside the courthouse in a show of support for the accused officers and cheered when they were released.
    We've talked about institutional racism/discrimination but there is also the problem of institutional communities turning a blind eye to the crimes of their own. If this was not a crime perpetrated by cops none of those cheerful people would hesitate arresting regular citizens under assault charges.
    The Armenian Issue

caratacus's Avatar Primicerius

Yards away from Downing St , which is protected by a bombproof gate.

The decision about whether people could assemble was entirely down to the Met and other police forces. It is clear that many 000s of people of all backgrounds found the issue of systemic race discrimination far more important than the risk to their lives. Nothing unusual about that. The protests in East Germany risked people being shot, in Tianananmen Square likewise.In any even if the elite are able to breach the rules,with the open support of the PM and the Conservative Party, is it any wonder that others will disregard them, as they have done in every beach and park in the land.
    And what was the objective of those protesting? I saw a news reporter ask a black youth why he was breaking social distancing rules and possibly spreading the virus. His reply was that he thought it was more important to come out onto the streets to demonstrate because , he felt his life was threatened by racism.

Yet, more black youths die through gangland stabbing's in London than any other form of homicide by far, with the majority of attackers being black themselves. It is almost a weekly occurrence now. In fact I don't doubt for a minute, that gang members had a presence in that demonstration.

Whilst Covid 19 kills more black people than any other ethnic group, there are thousands of black and asian people who have fallen victim to this virus. Tell me again were the real threat is to that youth, because it certainly isn't the UK police force. Whilst 24 members of Metropolitan Police are injured this morning as a direct consequence of incidents associated with that demonstration.

I would suggest that mounted officers should be a last resort, when there is a serious risk to public safety. The deployment yesterday was, as we saw, utterly counterproductive.
    You cannot transport horses adhoc, they need to be deployed where trouble might occur. It is the easiest way to control crowds getting out of control. The alternative of a full riot squard, would be far more likley to inflame tensions. Afer all nobody can say horses are racist, but I wouldn't be surprised give the levels of stupidity being demonstrated. If the presence of mounted police are not seen as provocative at sporting events, they shouldn't be for a political demo. The fact that they were required to be used demonstates the need.
    Last edited by caratacus; June 07, 2020 at 07:32 AM.