Thread: RTW-BI DRUID ANCILLARY FIX (RTW GOLD STEAM VERSION) \ ITALIAN version FIX only???

Default RTW-BI DRUID ANCILLARY FIX (RTW GOLD STEAM VERSION) \ ITALIAN version FIX only???

Hi everyone

Since the first time I downloaded RTW gold from Steam Platform I decided to play with Celts in the Barbarian Invasion campaign.
    Starting Faction Heir is named Drest.
    Unfortunately it happened that whenever I tried to visualize Drest infos window by clicking in his portrait that caused CTD. Obviously that also happened when I tried to open the construction window of any city where Drest was governor, and that was really frustrating.

I found out that it was a broken ancillary that caused the CTD: the Druid ancillary. So Drest was not the illness, but he only was ill, so he needed help!
    The funny thing is that when the game starts Drest is the only character in the whole map who owns the Druid ancillary, but it can trigger in game under the conditions reported in export_descr_ancillaries (Excluded Cultures: carthaginian, eastern, roman, nomad, hun).

I do not know if there is a similar mistake in versions different from the italian one, let me know. Anyway there are manual instructions in the following box, that are the same for all versions where the mistake is actually present.

WHAT WAS WRONG

In RTW (the original game) exist Druid and Druid2 ancillaries, but in RTW-BI there is only the Druid one, as you can see in
    export_descr_ancillary_enums and in export_descr_ancillaries.
    Fact is that in bi\data\text\export_ancillaries there was a mistake: while the druid_effects_desc (line 737) was correctly reported the text for the name and the description of the ancillary wrongly referred to Druid2 (line 173), while in
    export_descr_ancillaries the reference was the following:

Ancillary druid
    Image mystic_ancillary.tga
    ExcludeCultures carthaginian, eastern, roman, nomad, hun
    Description druid_desc
    EffectsDescription druid_effects_desc
    Effect TroopMorale 1
    Effect Attack 1

and also the trigger in the same file correctly refers to Druid ancillary.

Optional reading (tell me if I'm wrong)

Druid ancillary caused the CTD because of that, even if everything is correct in the original data folder outside of bi. I'm not sure about what follows but I think that everything is due to files reading priorities: the engine knows from bi\data\
    export_descr_ancillary_enums that Druid ancillary exists inside of bi folder, and since that moment it is going to ignore what is outside of bi folder, and it reads in bi\data\
    export_descr_ancillaries that texts in
    bi\data\text\export_ancillaries should refer to Druid ancillary, but there it could only find {druid2_desc} and {druid2} and here is the CTD.

So what I did was only changing
    {druid2_desc} and {druid2} into
    {druid_desc} and {druid} in
    bi\data\text\export_ancillaries lines 175 and 173 and no more CTD!
    I underline again that in line 737 in the same file it was correctly reported {druid_effects_desc} so I did not have to change it.

In order to install extract the content of the attachment in bi main folder

Attached Files Attached Files

Default Re: RTW-BI DRUID ANCILLARY FIX (RTW GOLD STEAM VERSION) \ ITALIAN version FIX only???

Well done!!

ROME TOTAL REALISM ANABASIS FORUM: HERE