Thread: Hidden resources location?

Default Hidden resources location?

Playing as Epeiros, I managed to take over all Dacia, and decided to try to build a Laarchia in Histrie, but I noticed the building doesn't appear there, even in the browser. Intrigued, I decided to take a look at the files, namely, export_descr_buildings.txt to see the requirements for Laarchia, and descr_strat.txt to see what Histrie has. It all seems to check out, leaving only one option open: hidden resources.

Laarchia hidden resources requirements are:

Code:
    hidden_resource eastern or hidden_resource anatolian or hidden_resource illyria or hidden_resource italy or hidden_resource thrakia or hidden_resource liburnes or hidden_resource hyparchia or hidden_resource ioudaioi
    And I couldn't find anything of that in the descr_strat.txt. So which file do I need to check?

Default Re: Hidden resources location?

In "mods\ebii\data\world\maps\base\descr_regions.txt" you can find the basic information about the regions. Histrie which is sett_078 has the following data block:

Code:
    region_078
    	sett_078
    	f_bosporan
    	Crobyzii
    	131 33 38
    	hr_a, hr_e, hr_h, hr_i, dacia, greek2, nomadic_migration, pontic, skythian
    	religions { rel_a 0 rel_b 25 rel_c 0 rel_d 0 rel_e 0 rel_f 0 rel_g 0 rel_h 35 rel_i 40 rel_x 0 }

Dacia is outside the Epirote sphere of influence. The inability to build a Native Admin there is intentional.

And I presume this is done by setting the region resources as "dacia, greek2, nomadic_migration, pontic, skythian", none of which is included in Epeirote Laarchia?

Quote Originally Posted by RodriguesSting View Post
    And I presume this is done by setting the region resources as "dacia, greek2, nomadic_migration, pontic, skythian", none of which is included in Epeirote Laarchia?
    Correct.