Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112131415 LastLast

Thread: How could a heaven operate?

AqD's Avatar 。◕‿◕。

Default Re: How could a heaven operate?

Quote Originally Posted by basics View Post
    AqD,

You're not really curious about the life of a child or its value otherwise you wouldn't ask such a question. Adam chose to die rather than live and so when his nature was changed so too did that change fall on all his heirs so God is not to blame for the countless deaths that have occurred regardless of their nature. Had Adam kept to God's word no babies would be born in tragic circumstances. It's called the fall of man not the fall of God. When I get to heaven there will be no time, no pain, no disease, no death, just the wonder of being in the presence of Almighty God.
    So how is it a bad thing that moms let their babies be born into heaven, no time, no pain, no disease or death, even if they break God's rule? Surely your God wouldn't condemn those innocent souls to hell?

Akar's Avatar Faustian Bargain Maker
    Patrician Citizen

a 7/11 parking lot with Patron and LaCroix
    Blog Entries

Basics would rather grand stand and play the blame game rather than answer any serious or difficult questions.

Check out the TWC D&D game!
    Message me on Discord (.akar.) for an invite to the Thema Devia Discord
    Daughter, Heir, and Wartime Consigliere of King Athelstan

basics's Avatar Vicarius Provinciae

AqD,

I never said it would be or was a bad thing for moms to let their babies be born into heaven. What I did say was that if Adam and Eve had obeyed and still been in heaven any children from them would enjoy no pain or disease or even time. Because the two fell into sin they were cast out unable to get back in God's plan for redemption took effect in their son Abel and the rest is history.

Akar,

What serious or difficult questions have I not answered?

Quote Originally Posted by Vladyvid View Post
    Also, people seek meaning in life and the afterlife for many seems like a good explanation of their otherwise meaningless existance. The only problem is, that our existance is essentially completely meaningless, thats why we can ascribe it any meaning we desire.
    After accusing others of holding supersticious beliefs as Absolute, you just did the same but in defense of Nihilism, while (as usual) escaping burden of proof.
    What if Nihilism is supersticious?

I'm sure there were similiar debates in times of Mount Olympus about Nihilism, the times are new, but the supersticions are old.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vladyvid View Post
    We are just one of the countless billions of life forms in the universe. What hubris this is to think we are the only ones, we are the keepers of the truth
    Well given you are a keeper of the truth being Nihilism or Nihilistic in tendency, it's time you defend your supersticious interpretation of life - for many nihilism is just wishful thinking to relieve their minds.
    It will be seen that, as used, the word ‘Fascism’ is almost entirely meaningless. In conversation, of course, it is used even more wildly than in print. I have heard it applied to farmers, shopkeepers, Social Credit, corporal punishment, fox-hunting, bull-fighting, the 1922 Committee, the 1941 Committee, Kipling, Gandhi, Chiang Kai-Shek, homosexuality, Priestley's broadcasts, Youth Hostels, astrology, women, dogs and I do not know what else.

-George Orwell

The question of how could a heaven operate is rather silly as Heaven was operating long before we were created. We know that Father, Son and Holy Spirit live there with myriads of angels plus the Patriarchs. Jesus when asked about it or told of it said that, " In my Father's house there are many mansions..." That He was going to prepare a place for all the people born again of the Spirit of God. That depicts order not chaos. Time will be no object at all since sleep will be no more just as disease and other problems will be no more.

The question of how could a heaven operate is rather silly as Heaven was operating long before we were created.
    Why is the question silly because of that?
    Time will be no object at all since sleep will be no more just as disease and other problems will be no more.
    And you call that heaven?
    Optio, Legio I Latina

Quote Originally Posted by Gromovnik View Post
    Why is the question silly because of that?

And you call that heaven?
    Gromovnik,

It's silly because it's slanted on a human perspective as one can see from previous posts. It is written that God rests but does not sleep so why would we need sleep in our new heavenly bodies? Sleep as I believe was given us so that our bodies could recuperate and be ready for the next day's exertions especially in bodies deemed to deteriorate and die but not so in heaven because there will be no need for that. If you had my body you would understand why I do call that heaven.

conon394's Avatar hoi polloi
    Colfax WA, neat I have a barn and 49 acres - I have 2 horses, 15 chickens - but no more pigs

God "No I was just resting my eyes..."
    IN PATROCINIVM SVB Dromikaites

'One day when I fly with my hands - up down the sky, like a bird'

But if the cause be not good, the king himself hath a heavy reckoning to make, when all those legs and arms and heads, chopped off in battle, shall join together at the latter day and cry all 'We died at such a place; some swearing, some crying for surgeon, some upon their wives left poor behind them, some upon the debts they owe, some upon their children rawly left.

Hyperides of Athens: We know, replied he, that Antipater is good, but we (the Demos of Athens) have no need of a master at present, even a good one.

God hates sleeping!
    Optio, Legio I Latina

Jesus once said that the Father is always working and since He is a Spirit of Light why would He need sleep?

Well it would be nice if he allowed his slaves to have some sleep.
    Optio, Legio I Latina

Colfax WA, neat I have a barn and 49 acres - I have 2 horses, 15 chickens - but no more pigs

So how is it a bad thing that moms let their babies be born into heaven, no time, no pain, no disease or death, even if they break God's rule? Surely your God wouldn't condemn those innocent souls to hell?
    Presumably he did to the ones at Jericho. And their little dogs too.

But if the cause be not good, the king himself hath a heavy reckoning to make, when all those legs and arms and heads, chopped off in battle, shall join together at the latter day and cry all 'We died at such a place; some swearing, some crying for surgeon, some upon their wives left poor behind them, some upon the debts they owe, some upon their children rawly left.

Hyperides of Athens: We know, replied he, that Antipater is good, but we (the Demos of Athens) have no need of a master at present, even a good one.

Concerning heaven there is no more marriage or sex so the very idea of their being so is a nonstarter.

Sounds like a really great place. No napping, no sex... what else is forbidden?
    Optio, Legio I Latina

Probably no drinking getting stoned either.

conon394,

Why would we need to get stoned?

Relive the boredom.

Quote Originally Posted by conon394 View Post
    Relive the boredom.
    conon394,

How on earth does your wife put up with you because you do nothing but moan and groan when you're on here? Wonder what the horses and chickens say when they see you approach? Oh no, here comes ole doom and gloom. keep moving boys less he affects us.

Akar's Avatar Faustian Bargain Maker
    Patrician Citizen

a 7/11 parking lot with Patron and LaCroix
    Blog Entries

How on earth does anyone put up with you when all you do is scream about fire and brimstone and tell people all of their earthly pleasures will be gone in heaven.

Is there sex, drinking, getting stoned, and sleeping in Hell? Because if not it's starting to sound the exact same as heaven to me.

Oh no, here comes ole doom and gloom. keep moving boys less he affects us.
    As if talking about how everyone who doesn't follow your specific brand of christianity will go to hell and burn forever and are horrible evil people is any less boring and "doom and gloom".

Check out the TWC D&D game!
    Message me on Discord (.akar.) for an invite to the Thema Devia Discord
    Daughter, Heir, and Wartime Consigliere of King Athelstan

How on earth does your wife put up with you because you do nothing but moan and groan when you're on here?
    Actually for a cynical realist I have a fairly light demeanor in person. Although I am often told by people that when focused on a task or reading or such I can look dour to grim and they are surprised a bit when I animate to cheerful when addressed

Wonder what the horses and chickens say when they see you approach? Oh no, here comes ole doom and gloom. keep moving boys less he affects us.
    You are the one mentioning I am doomed not me. How do I moan and groan? I do fine with animals actually Horses and cats really well. Chickens not much in the brain there to tell what they are thinking but thay like the whole family about the same. Although since I am the one mucks out and or repairs the chicken coop and they are always a bit worried about change could be suspicion thay do tend to all gather and stare at me when I work on it. They probably like my daughter that is in charge of food and water best.
    Last edited by conon394; November 15, 2020 at 08:15 AM.