Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121314

Thread: How could a heaven operate?

Default Re: How could a heaven operate?

So the reward of heaven is that it's not hell? That's it?

It is written that we will be over all the angels
    Oh great, heaven has a caste system.

Want to play TWC D&D? Click here | Join the Thema Devia Discordhere
    If you'd like you see my graphics workshop click here
    Son, Heir, and Wartime Consigliere of King Athelstan

Proud Patron of Sara Temerand Cope

conon394's Avatar hoi polloi
    Colfax WA, neat I have a barn and 49 acres - I have 2 horses, 15 chickens - but no more pigs

basics

I pretty sure no god would want to hear me sing. Trust me its ugly

And I think I established I am not likely to praise something I find doing a pretty poor job of creation.
    Last edited by conon394; November 25, 2020 at 11:19 AM.
    IN PATROCINIVM SVB Dromikaites

'One day when I fly with my hands - up down the sky, like a bird'

But if the cause be not good, the king himself hath a heavy reckoning to make, when all those legs and arms and heads, chopped off in battle, shall join together at the latter day and cry all 'We died at such a place; some swearing, some crying for surgeon, some upon their wives left poor behind them, some upon the debts they owe, some upon their children rawly left.

Hyperides of Athens: We know, replied he, that Antipater is good, but we (the Demos of Athens) have no need of a master at present, even a good one.

basics's Avatar Praeses

Quote Originally Posted by Akar View Post
    So the reward of heaven is that it's not hell? That's it?

Oh great, heaven has a caste system.
    Akar,

Should suit you then from one of your quotes on another page, " And as I said before, being black and living in Africa aren't exactly scholarly credentials..."
    Last edited by alhoon; November 26, 2020 at 02:14 PM. Reason: off topic (personal references) removed

Should suit you then from one of your quotes on another page
    The hell does that have to do with a caste system?

And he knows it has a caste system, how?
    Because you literally said so.
    Last edited by Abdülmecid I; December 01, 2020 at 04:44 AM. Reason: Continuity.

basics's Avatar Praeses

Akar,

Because I said that we would judge angels makes heaven a place of castes? No my friend for just like the angels we will all worship God as His combined servants.

Do you not understand what a caste system is? God>Humans>Angels, that's a caste system right there. Humans order angels around, god orders humans around, etc. It's the definition of a caste system lmao.

basics's Avatar Praeses

Do you not understand what a caste system is? God>Humans>Angels, that's a caste system right there. Humans order angels around, god orders humans around, etc. It's the definition of a caste system lmao.
    Akar,

If you got things right maybe, but you haven't. Jesus and the church are one as there are no longer humans in it. Angels are servants as well as messengers and in them there is a hierarchy yet still they are angels. Just like here on earth where you may be an employer and me one of your workers does that make me a lower person to you? Perhaps in your eyes but not in mine. Jesus, the church and all the angels worship the Father and no-one else and still He and the Spirit are one with the Father.

If all of the employers (Humans) were of a specific race and the employees (Angels) were of another race then yes - that's exactly what a caste based hierarchy is.

basics's Avatar Praeses

If all of the employers (Humans) were of a specific race and the employees (Angels) were of another race then yes - that's exactly what a caste based hierarchy is.
    Akar,

As I said before, there are no humans in heaven, why? Because flesh and blood cannot enter it. The old bodies that believers had are transformed into Spiritual bodies to become one with Christ as heirs and adopted Sons of God the Father. So where do the angels fit in? Well, each believer has an angel as a helpmeet in similar fashion to the relationship of Eve to Adam so what you are trying to say is that a woman is a separate caste from her man and so I would like you to tell your mother that. That I would like to witness. Anyway as far as I'm led to believe there are no genders in heaven, no giving in marriage and no sex, all being of the same oneness to Jesus Christ.

so what you are trying to say is that a woman is a separate caste from her man
    Do you just not understand what a caste system is? It's okay to admit you don't know things...

"I don't care about castes as long as chastity is ensued ()"
    - Gandhi

basics's Avatar Praeses

Do you just not understand what a caste system is? It's okay to admit you don't know things...
    I gave you an insight to heaven as that was the subject but it appears that's not good enough for you so here's something about me and my ancestors. I was told that I am a relation of Adam Smith, an aunt bearing his name in her's. My great aunt was known as the Seamstress to the Duchess of Hamilton, family friends being Alexander Fleming and Alexander Graham Bell. My mother's best friend was Master of the Maid of the Loch which sailed on Loch Lomond. My grandfather on my dad's side owned five businesses in Glasgow having the first model T Ford van in Scotland, the main business being import and export. One uncle has a farm now run by one son, the other being an official with Scotrail. As for me I have run seven businesses for other people until my health took a dive. So where on the caste ladder does that place me?

So where on the caste ladder does that place me?
    First of all, do you understand that there is a difference between heaven and earth (where we are right now, and not at all what I was talking about)?

Secondly, that would place you second on the caste ladder you described. Right below god and right above angels. Again, this is what you claimed.

Thirdly, I do not believe a single one of your anecdotes and I guarantee you no one else here does either.

basics's Avatar Praeses

Akar,

First off heaven is where God dwells whereas the earth and the space that surrounds us is no more than a creation of God.

Second, in our earthly system a judge is not born a judge anymore than you or I were. But in heaven the saved are said to judge angels, why? Because as heirs with Christ that is the job given us and can only be effective if angels disobey God. I don't believe for one minute that we will be strutting around bossing angels.

Thirdly my family history has been well authenticated by an Australian aunt's husband as well as my own knowledge passed down from within my family. In mentioning the Maid of the Loch my mother's best friend was the daughter of the Master. As a youngster I remember quite well standing on the bridge alongside of him as we sailed up Loch Lomond. For me I began my working life as an apprentice electrical engineer rewinding electric motors. I then on the death of my father ran his sheet metal work before leaving that to go into sales. So, I sold vacuum cleaners, sewing machines before going into paper. I became the production manager of that plant for eleven years and then left to go into toy wholesale becoming the manager there. After that I became the manager of a costume jewellery firm and fell from grace by starting an uncle onto that ladder meaning i then drove buses in Edinburgh for two years before gaining the franchise for two toy shops as well as starting up a small laundry business. Having won contracts for the Army and Airforce our opposition put pressure on the bank to put us out of business which it did and so me and my wife and baby son found ourselves homeless as we lost that as well. I then found work with Keith Laundry and was sent to run their new acquisition in Lairg which I did until they sold it. It was during this time that my health deteriorated and was compelled to give up work.

Now I don't care what you believe, why? Because I have nothing to hide. Every word I have written about my family and myself is quite true.