Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 456789101112131415 LastLast

Thread: How could a heaven operate?

Akar's Avatar I am not a clever man
    Patrician Citizen

a 7/11 parking lot with Patron and LaCroix
    Blog Entries

Default Re: How could a heaven operate?

So the reward of heaven is that it's not hell? That's it?

It is written that we will be over all the angels
    Oh great, heaven has a caste system.

Check out the TWC D&D game!
    Message me on Discord (.akar.) for an invite to the Thema Devia Discord
    Son, Heir, and Wartime Consigliere of King Athelstan

conon394's Avatar hoi polloi
    Colfax WA, neat I have a barn and 49 acres - I have 2 horses, 15 chickens - but no more pigs

basics

I pretty sure no god would want to hear me sing. Trust me its ugly

And I think I established I am not likely to praise something I find doing a pretty poor job of creation.
    Last edited by conon394; November 25, 2020 at 10:19 AM.
    IN PATROCINIVM SVB Dromikaites

'One day when I fly with my hands - up down the sky, like a bird'

But if the cause be not good, the king himself hath a heavy reckoning to make, when all those legs and arms and heads, chopped off in battle, shall join together at the latter day and cry all 'We died at such a place; some swearing, some crying for surgeon, some upon their wives left poor behind them, some upon the debts they owe, some upon their children rawly left.

Hyperides of Athens: We know, replied he, that Antipater is good, but we (the Demos of Athens) have no need of a master at present, even a good one.

basics's Avatar Vicarius Provinciae

Quote Originally Posted by Akar View Post
    So the reward of heaven is that it's not hell? That's it?

Oh great, heaven has a caste system.
    Akar,

Should suit you then from one of your quotes on another page, " And as I said before, being black and living in Africa aren't exactly scholarly credentials..."
    Last edited by alhoon; November 26, 2020 at 01:14 PM. Reason: off topic (personal references) removed

Patrician Citizen

Blog Entries

Should suit you then from one of your quotes on another page
    The hell does that have to do with a caste system?

Patrician Citizen

Blog Entries

And he knows it has a caste system, how?
    Because you literally said so.
    Last edited by Abdülmecid I; December 01, 2020 at 03:44 AM. Reason: Continuity.

Akar,

Because I said that we would judge angels makes heaven a place of castes? No my friend for just like the angels we will all worship God as His combined servants.

Patrician Citizen

Blog Entries

Do you not understand what a caste system is? God>Humans>Angels, that's a caste system right there. Humans order angels around, god orders humans around, etc. It's the definition of a caste system lmao.

Do you not understand what a caste system is? God>Humans>Angels, that's a caste system right there. Humans order angels around, god orders humans around, etc. It's the definition of a caste system lmao.
    Akar,

If you got things right maybe, but you haven't. Jesus and the church are one as there are no longer humans in it. Angels are servants as well as messengers and in them there is a hierarchy yet still they are angels. Just like here on earth where you may be an employer and me one of your workers does that make me a lower person to you? Perhaps in your eyes but not in mine. Jesus, the church and all the angels worship the Father and no-one else and still He and the Spirit are one with the Father.

Patrician Citizen

Blog Entries

If all of the employers (Humans) were of a specific race and the employees (Angels) were of another race then yes - that's exactly what a caste based hierarchy is.

If all of the employers (Humans) were of a specific race and the employees (Angels) were of another race then yes - that's exactly what a caste based hierarchy is.
    Akar,

As I said before, there are no humans in heaven, why? Because flesh and blood cannot enter it. The old bodies that believers had are transformed into Spiritual bodies to become one with Christ as heirs and adopted Sons of God the Father. So where do the angels fit in? Well, each believer has an angel as a helpmeet in similar fashion to the relationship of Eve to Adam so what you are trying to say is that a woman is a separate caste from her man and so I would like you to tell your mother that. That I would like to witness. Anyway as far as I'm led to believe there are no genders in heaven, no giving in marriage and no sex, all being of the same oneness to Jesus Christ.

Patrician Citizen

Blog Entries

so what you are trying to say is that a woman is a separate caste from her man
    Do you just not understand what a caste system is? It's okay to admit you don't know things...

Campidoctor

"I don't care about castes as long as chastity is ensued ()"
    - Gandhi

Do you just not understand what a caste system is? It's okay to admit you don't know things...
    I gave you an insight to heaven as that was the subject but it appears that's not good enough for you so here's something about me and my ancestors. I was told that I am a relation of Adam Smith, an aunt bearing his name in her's. My great aunt was known as the Seamstress to the Duchess of Hamilton, family friends being Alexander Fleming and Alexander Graham Bell. My mother's best friend was Master of the Maid of the Loch which sailed on Loch Lomond. My grandfather on my dad's side owned five businesses in Glasgow having the first model T Ford van in Scotland, the main business being import and export. One uncle has a farm now run by one son, the other being an official with Scotrail. As for me I have run seven businesses for other people until my health took a dive. So where on the caste ladder does that place me?

Patrician Citizen

Blog Entries

So where on the caste ladder does that place me?
    First of all, do you understand that there is a difference between heaven and earth (where we are right now, and not at all what I was talking about)?

Secondly, that would place you second on the caste ladder you described. Right below god and right above angels. Again, this is what you claimed.

Thirdly, I do not believe a single one of your anecdotes and I guarantee you no one else here does either.

Akar,

First off heaven is where God dwells whereas the earth and the space that surrounds us is no more than a creation of God.

Second, in our earthly system a judge is not born a judge anymore than you or I were. But in heaven the saved are said to judge angels, why? Because as heirs with Christ that is the job given us and can only be effective if angels disobey God. I don't believe for one minute that we will be strutting around bossing angels.

Thirdly my family history has been well authenticated by an Australian aunt's husband as well as my own knowledge passed down from within my family. In mentioning the Maid of the Loch my mother's best friend was the daughter of the Master. As a youngster I remember quite well standing on the bridge alongside of him as we sailed up Loch Lomond. For me I began my working life as an apprentice electrical engineer rewinding electric motors. I then on the death of my father ran his sheet metal work before leaving that to go into sales. So, I sold vacuum cleaners, sewing machines before going into paper. I became the production manager of that plant for eleven years and then left to go into toy wholesale becoming the manager there. After that I became the manager of a costume jewellery firm and fell from grace by starting an uncle onto that ladder meaning i then drove buses in Edinburgh for two years before gaining the franchise for two toy shops as well as starting up a small laundry business. Having won contracts for the Army and Airforce our opposition put pressure on the bank to put us out of business which it did and so me and my wife and baby son found ourselves homeless as we lost that as well. I then found work with Keith Laundry and was sent to run their new acquisition in Lairg which I did until they sold it. It was during this time that my health deteriorated and was compelled to give up work.

Now I don't care what you believe, why? Because I have nothing to hide. Every word I have written about my family and myself is quite true.

While I don't believe in it, I've always found the concept of the "heavenly/celestial bureaucracy" and that of a "Jade Emperor" from Chinese folklore to be amusing. It really gives a direct perspective of the "legalistic" mindset present in Chinese culture, philosophical tendencies and religion.

numerosdecimus,

It all comes down to one thing, " Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ and you will be saved."

Patrician Citizen

Blog Entries

It all comes down to one thing, " Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ and you will be saved."
    What does that have to do with what he said? Please stay on topic.

While I don't believe in it, I've always found the concept of the "heavenly/celestial bureaucracy" and that of a "Jade Emperor" from Chinese folklore to be amusing. It really gives a direct perspective of the "legalistic" mindset present in Chinese culture, philosophical tendencies and religion.
    Yeah, it's always interesting to see how a culture is mirrored in it's religious views.

Indefinitely Banned

Quote Originally Posted by basics View Post
    numerosdecimus,

Lord is a mistranslation. And technically only Catholics are saved because they are the Church of Peter referred to in the Bibble.

What does that have to do with what he said? Please stay on topic.

Yeah, it's always interesting to see how a culture is mirrored in it's religious views.
    Akar,

He talks of finding religions amusing in particular of the Chinese yet even the Chinese can only achieve worldly advancement through God just as they can only achieve eternal advancement through Jesus Christ.

enoch,

Lord means Master, Ruler even Master so when we refer to the Lord Jesus Christ what we are saying is that Jesus the Christ, the Son of the living God is our Ruler and our Master. In other words He is God.

There being no such thing as the church of Peter as the church at Jerusalem fell under the command of James the brother of Jesus, why? Because being Jesus' brother he fell heir to being the King of the Jews in technical terms. That said at Pentecost the Holy Spirit fell on all them in that room which gave authority to each one meaning that each one had the power to preach the Gospel which produced over three thousand converts. In fact it was James who sent men to the churches abroad demanding that non-Jews be circumcised and funnily enough Peter never spoke out against that. It wasn't until Paul arrived at Jerusalem to confront them that they agreed not to insist on this practice.

Now we know that Paul was in Rome and we know that his practice was to appoint at least two bishops to each church so, if Peter ever got there for which there is absolutely no evidence for, he would have found that he could not be the first bishop of Rome. Indeed we can read that way back in Jerusalem Peter said that he didn't want to be a Bishop serving tables, rather to be an evangelist out in the world. Had Peter been given the keys for himself why was it that Paul founded more churches than him not forgetting the Gospel work of the other Disciples?

Getting down to the technicalities how are Roman Catholics saved? Jesus said that a man must be born again to enter heaven so at what point is a Roman Catholic person reborn, made regenerate? Now we know that a person who is unsaved is brought to a knowledge of condemnation with a broken and contrite heart and when in that state God regenerates him or her. They become a new person in Christ Jesus but that is not the Roman Catholic system. What makes a Roman catholic is when the Holy water is sprinkled on a baby and if so how is a baby brought to a broken and contrite heart? Oh Rome is not alone in this as many other denominations indulge in the same practice but however or by whoever it is not how Christians are made according to the Bible. Salvation is a work soley by God on and to whom He calls at whatever time of life exactly as He has predestined it to be. There isn't a church in the world that has this power.