View Poll Results: Shall Mergor become a Citizen?

Voters
18. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

18 100.00%
  • No

0 0%
  • Abstain

0 0%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: [Citizen] Mergor (Patron: Jadli)

Jadli's Avatar The Fallen God
    Gaming Emeritus

Default [Citizen] Mergor (Patron: Jadli)

Patron's Paragraph

Greetings, the most esteemed, honourable and puissant fellow citizens,

I come before you with my new client, the mighty Mergor!

Unlike the majority of other TWC hotseaters, he didnt start hotseating here, in our undeniably glorious TWC, but in a hungarian hotseating forum (samely as our director General Dragon.), where he started hotseating by the end of 2015. Anyway, when he came to TWC, about a year after Dragon. (by the end of 2016), he was already a full grown hotseater. Did he bring anything useful with him you might wonder? Hm, hard to say...

Before he came, we had already been suffering an immense terror by Dragon's jokes. Yet, Mergor has came here to bestow upon up his oversarcastic (is that a word?) jokes that nobody understands until now, almost 4 years later. Neither we do understand Dragon's jokes. Where did such a hatred against us come from?

As if that wasnt enough, his arrival also awakened some barbaric instincts in some of our otherwise properly behaving members, as you can see in this abomination. No rules? How dare you!

And his worst crime? Me, literally. From all the numerous great friends I have had in hotseating, he is the only one I actually met in person. We had a barely average hungarian beer but it was worth it anyway.

So lets stop pretending I am trying to sabotage my own client, and lets have a look at his greatness.

He has been one of the cornerstones of our community for some time. Soon after he came, he has started using his experience to benefit our community in many ways. He has brought many new hotseat elements, especially focusing at historical hotseats, while me and most of other contributors were living in imaginary words like Westeros. Apart from offering interesting new perceptions of hotseats itself, if we talk about rules or events during his hotseats, he has also started modding. A lot. Making custom scenarios and overhauling mods for a better hotseat use, thats his daily bread.

He would have become a Gaming Staff a bit sooner, if it wasnt for the nowadays so called Hotseat Crisis/Drama or The Plague (pick the one you like). During the whole long, unfortunate event, he was undoubtedly one of those, who were trying to be reasonable, fix things and create a communication bridge between both sides. Sadly those characteristics werent that favored. Thus, his inevitable ascension to the staff was delayed.

His more recent deeds are remarkable as well. As the dark age of discord opression came upon us, he has been essential in keeping our community up to date. Instead of our community descending into darkness, as several other forum communities have, we are now having a second golden age. TWC hotseats are doing very well, and so are we doing on discord, where we have more than a significant presence, forging all communities into one.

I hope that in your wisdom, you, the curia, shall find Merg considerable enough to join us amongst our noble ranks,
    Jadli

PS
    On a side note I am really not sure who is my boss, because eventhough on TWC Dragon. is our great director, on the hungarian forum Merg is Dragon.'s boss. And in The Hotseating Hub, our discord, Dragon. is the president, however Mergor is the one who created it, and is the one pulling the strings... But one thing I can say for sure is, that there is a huge hungarian conspiracy, which Akar's plan to take over TWC cant even compare to...

Applicant's Paragraph
    Hey!
    I am Mergor, I have been active on TWC for close to 3 years now. I was originally only present in the Hungarian equivalent of TWC and been head of hotseating for around a year there, but the site as a whole sadly died while hotseating was still active, so I had to search for a new place. So I came to TWC. Here, I joined some hotseats as a player, but I also started hosting my own hotseats, with my own scenarios. In fact, those scenarios were full overhauls for campaigns or even entire mods in some cases. I consider myself a designer, someone who loves to create maps and scenarios for the community to enjoy, and so far, I’ve made a lot of those, including:

- A campaign overhaul for the grand campaign in M2TW (Which I also admined);
    - A full mod (with help on the technical side) for a roleplay hotseat that is still ongoing after 2 years (Also admin);
    - Campaign map design for Hannibal2001's "Battle for Rome" submod;
    - Several Stainless Steel 6.4 smaller scenarios for hotseating and two (1. 2.) 1v1 tournament maps;
    - An overhaul for the Teutonic Campaign Map (Also also admin);
    - A campaign overhaul submod for the submod of saleska's "Balanced British Isles" - One HS I admined of this scenario. ;
    - The first ever Rome (1) Total War hotseat on TWC (And many more after that)
    - The first ever hotseat for the TWC/Discord community to feature both multiplayer battles and campaign play. (Admin);
    - A campaign overhaul for the “Hispania in the Middle Ages” mod. (Admin)

After the Soulgamesinc/Jadli drama and community split, I applied to Gaming Staff and got the rank, so I took an even more active role in the community. I passed some legislation regarding hotseat admining, and I also got the thumbs up for a planned restructuring of the Hotseating Forums. Currently I have a Golden Gaming Chess Piece, and I also won Best Hotseater/Multiplayer category in the 2019 Site Awards.

But my biggest work so far is probably the most recent. With the rise of Discord, hotseating got popular again and is experiencing arguably it’s second Golden Age. I’ve contacted most (and the biggest) discord communities over the past 1 year, and through that, I managed to secure a steady stream of new players from Discord. I’ve also made a Discord myself with Dragon., not to rival TWC, but to create a Hub (The Hotseating Hub) for hotseats, which unites communities and also gives chance for TWC hotseats to be advertised to a broader audience. It is currently the biggest hotseating focused Discord (in my knowledge) based on the number of members.

And finally, I also made good relations with a rising YouTuber, MELKOR. For supplying him with hotseat turns, (which he makes timelapses out of) I can get valuable advertisement for either the Hub, or TWC.

I hope my contributions are enough to be awarded Citizenship in the Curia,

Mergor

Recommendations
    Quote Originally Posted by General Dragon.
    Greetings to the members of curia.
    Mergor is a hard working member of our hotseating section and one of the driving force fighting to keep up the activity and playerbase with many ideas and plenty of contribution.
    He helped out the community ever since he came to the site just, as he helped his fellow Gaming Staff members and worked with me (Director of Gaming Staff) alongside on a project of ours aswell regarding discord.
    For his dedication and times he spent for the hotseating section of the site and for the people there, he deserves the recognition to be a citizen of TWC.
    Quote Originally Posted by King Athelstan
    Aight so listen up folks - Mergor is highly sought after - Dragon, Jadli and I all wanted to patronize him. Being the humble man I am, I of course respected the power of dibs and let others step forth. Anyways - Mergor is a beacon of light in hotseating, both as Gaming Staff and as a community member. He comes up with new ideas, scenarios and maps for hotseats. He and others helped me immensely in the last Game Staff 1v1 tournament with setting up scenarios. He does thoroughly trash me every time I play him, and though that might not say much he has both the brawn and the brain. But not only does he hotseatify various medieval 2 mods, do excellent staff work and generally make the medieval 2 hotseats thrive. Oh no, it doesn't stop there. Remember Rome 1? Mergor, the absolute complete madlad made a hotseat for that too. And not only that, he's humble about it and through his many wins over me, discussions both in staff and elsewhere I've grown to have complete respect and admiration for this guy.
    If he doesn't get in, I'll eat my hat.
    Till this day I am not sure if this was a recommendation text or not, but its better to have 3 recommendations than just 2
    Quote Originally Posted by Commodus
    Well, he's more than worthy, even if I still struggle to grasp the idea of standards for the institution. At my more stringent I'd give him a go. Easy support for a thread patronizing him; as far as writing an actual recommendation, I'm very spent on writing good text at the moment. I'd say he's done his dues for TWC and is a true pillar for keeping the hotseating section relevant; if I could get in because people glomped on my very lackluster efforts in a single hotseat, his long record making the institution stand up should be overwhelmingly a point in his favor. If he wants to humor citizenship, it should absolutely humor him. I can't link to specific works, but I believe he's done a bit in modding as well if his community pillar role isn't more than enough.

That's... about as rec as I can muster in the near future. Probably best to not use word for word.

Puppies pictures
    Honestly, I was never into puppies. You should decide based on Merg's contributions, not some random puppy pictures. So I will not show you any, to ensure that Merg does (not) pass.
    Last edited by Jadli; May 29, 2020 at 12:53 AM. Reason: forgot . behind Dragon

Akar's Avatar I am not a clever man
    Patrician Citizen

a 7/11 parking lot with Patron and LaCroix
    Blog Entries

Default Re: [Citizen] Mergor (Patron: Jadli)

Bold move not having puppy pics, let's see how that plays out

Support.

Check out the TWC D&D game!
    Message me on Discord (.akar.) for an invite to the Thema Devia Discord
    Son, Heir, and Wartime Consigliere of King Athelstan

General Brewster's Avatar The Flying Dutchman
    Blog Entries

Going to vote no for the lack of puppies. and I'm not even kidding.

Patrician Citizen

Blog Entries

The Puppy Lobby has spoken.

Leonardo's Avatar Reborn Old Timer

Seems to be a creative fellow so full support.
    Under patronage of General Brewster of the Imperial House of Hader.

How to make Morrowind less buggy for new players - Of course every player may find it useful.

Support, but only in the thinnest possible way due to the lack of puppies, which I must note is a serious malus in this application. I highly recommend my fellow citizens take a similar view with respect to the lack of puppies.

Dismounted Feudal Knight's Avatar my horse for a unicode
    Content Director Citizen

Blog Entries

Bugger your puppies, in with Mergor.

Lifthrasir's Avatar "Capre" Dunkerquois
    Patrician Moderator Emeritus

Blog Entries

Puppies are evil. Remember the gremlins

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Easy support with or without puppies.
    Under the patronage of Flinn, proud patron of Jadli, from the Heresy Vault of the Imperial House of Hader

General Dragon.'s Avatar Champion of Dragons
    Gaming Emeritus

Before he came, we had already been suffering an immense terror by Dragon's jokes. Yet, Mergor has came here to bestow upon up his oversarcastic (is that a word?) jokes that nobody understands until now, almost 4 years later. Neither we do understand Dragon's jokes. Where did such a hatred against us come from?
    I live in an age of darkness, when people don't get my quality sarcasm and jokes. I was asked to give recommendations yet I am treated with hatred for my jokes. Truly he is a formidable candidate, if he stays with me and bears my "personality".
    The puppies can go away, it is time for dragons and fire.

"The Dragon is wise, a sage among the ignorant. He knows not all that glitters is gold."

Flinn's Avatar His Dudeness of TWC
    Patrician Citizen Content Emeritus Administrator Emeritus Gaming Emeritus

Blog Entries

This is of approved

also, here is one puppy, appointed by Hex

Under the patronage of Finlander, patron of Lugotorix & Lifthrasir & joerock22 & Socrates1984 & Kilo11 & Vladyvid & Dick Cheney & phazer & Jake Armitage & webba 84 of the Imperial House of Hader

Patrician Citizen

Blog Entries

Now that the Hex Appointed Pup has arrived proceedings can officially begin.

General Brewster's Avatar The Flying Dutchman
    Blog Entries

The requirements have been filled.

I will initiate proceedings with the ceremonial tennis ball throw

Quintus Hortensius Hortalus's Avatar Lex duodecim tabularum
    Citizen

Puppies?! Bad dogs... I want kittens!

Oh and almost forgot... Support, obviously.

Under the patronage of wangrin my workshop

Patrician Citizen

Blog Entries

Poll added.

Veteraan's Avatar TATW Local Moderator

Voted.

Citizenised by Shankbot - Patron of b0Gia - House de Bodemloze

Jadli's Avatar The Fallen God
    Gaming Emeritus

Pretty quick, didnt even to have to make another post on client's defense, splendid

Gaius Baltar's Avatar Old gods die hard
    Blog Entries

Voted in support.

​​
    Pillaging and Plundering since 2006

The House of Baltar

Neither is this the dawn from the east, nor is a dragon flying above, nor are the gables of this hall aflame. Nay, mortal enemies approach in ready armour. Ravens are calling, wolves are howling, spear clashes and shield answers

King Athelstan's Avatar The Wheel Weaves
    Blog Entries

I'm not quite sure about this one, I think I'll have to abstain for the time being.. Hang on, I hear a knock on my door, be right back guys.

Why is there Hungarian shouting?

Uhm. EDIT: After long and careful deliberation that has been without any threat to life and person I support.
    Proudly under the patronage of General Brewster of the Imperial House of Hader
    Proud patron of 4zumi, Akar, CommodusIV ,Swaeft
    and Peaman

Iskar's Avatar Insanity with Dignity
    Moderator Emeritus

Frankfurt, München, somtimes my beloved Rhineland

Since the puppy flank is already covered by Hex appointment here is a Tribunal approved kitten to cover the other flank.
    It is currently practising its magic powers on your brain, as you can see.

PS: Extremely solid application!
    Last edited by Iskar; May 30, 2020 at 11:30 AM.
    "Non i titoli illustrano gli uomini, ma gli uomini i titoli." - Niccolo Machiavelli, Discorsi
    "Du musst die Sterne und den Mond enthaupten, und am besten auch den Zar. Die Gestirne werden sich behaupten, aber wahrscheinlich nicht der Zar." - Einstürzende Neubauten, Weil, Weil, Weil

On an eternal crusade for reason, logics, catholicism and chocolate. Mostly chocolate, though.

I can heartily recommend the Italian Wars mod by Aneirin.
    In exile, but still under the patronage of the impeccable Aikanár, alongside Aneirin. Humble patron of Cyclops, Frunk and Abdülmecid I.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast