Thread: DeI Multiplayer (experiences?)

Default DeI Multiplayer (experiences?)

A mate and I are considering DeI for a long multiplayer campaign. Does anyone here have experience with it in multiplayer campaigns? Also, using other mods along side it? The main mods I'd like to use would be enhanced particles and the GBJ blood mod with permanent blood. The cultural tensio and AI abritiris (if that's still up to date) I'd like to use as well. I usually play SP with testudo and cultural tensio is part of it, but for the other players sake I think base DeI would be best (much simpler). Also , how about the current beta version?

I imagine it's fine if my friend doesn't have any of the DLC?

Also, how about other TW games for multiplayer? (Of course I'd have to play with a good overhaul mod like DeI) Was thinking of Shogun 2 with an overhaul mod, but I've read the multiplayer campaigns are pretty unstable. Warhammer II multiplayer campaigns I've heard a lot of good about, however for my mate to get all the DLC etc...Would be quite expensive. Maybe Warhammer I....
    Last edited by gnosis89; May 28, 2020 at 02:38 PM.

Default Re: DeI Multiplayer (experiences?)

A lot of people love the game with multiplayer, you will find various people who prefer that to single player on our Discord.

----> Website -- Patreon -- Steam -- Forums -- Youtube -- Facebook <----

Wunderbar. I presume it's fine with submods as well? Such as the alternative economy, alternate pike phalanx, the difficulty modes (save game compatible?) etc...
    Wanting to use GBJ blood mod and ehanced particles as well. So long as both players have the mods it should be good right...(I know you can't speak to others work per se, but perhaps know others who have experience or yourself)

Also, no rush but is there an ETA on when the new beta may be made into a new version? Or is it currently stable/balanced enough to play MP campaign with? As always thanks to everyone on the DeI team for such a magnificent mod and making Rome II playable.

Quote Originally Posted by gnosis89 View Post
    Wunderbar. I presume it's fine with submods as well? Such as the alternative economy, alternate pike phalanx, the difficulty modes (save game compatible?) etc...
    Wanting to use GBJ blood mod and ehanced particles as well. So long as both players have the mods it should be good right...(I know you can't speak to others work per se, but perhaps know others who have experience or yourself)

Also, no rush but is there an ETA on when the new beta may be made into a new version? Or is it currently stable/balanced enough to play MP campaign with? As always thanks to everyone on the DeI team for such a magnificent mod and making Rome II playable.
    My friend and I have played hundreds of hours in DEI multiplayer. Submods are fine but we try to limit them, because one issue and it crashes the game or causes slow turns. We play with base DEI and English Unit names. Sometimes we use the all factions playable or softcore and hardcore mods. Biggest complaint has nothing to do with DEI. I wish I could play on VH with N battles like I do in single player.

As far as DLCs, I disable the DLCs that my friend doesnt have, though not sure it matters. Everything the exact same, except for graphics settings.

Good luck and let me know if you have any other questions.

Jake Armitage's Avatar Primicerius

I wish I could play on VH with N battles like I do in single player.
    this is more or less doable, the only thing you have to do is lowering various things via db and then play normal

Is it normal that only 1 player get the messages about "Important Events on Year XXX" when changing turns? Also iirc I remember my friend saying he didn't has the "change capital" button. Only the host player has certain features?