Thread: Minimal UI Modification

Icon1 Minimal UI Modification

In Medieval II Total War, you can have a regular UI, and a Minimal UI. Both have good features, but I would prefer to use minimal UI. One thing stops me though. The absence of the button that allows you to highlight/flash allies as blue, own forces as green and enemies as red. I have not been able to find a direct reference to this function anywhere in the game files. Is there any way to set up the minimal UI so that it has the ability to highlight the units on the battlefield?

Thank you in advance.

Gigantus's Avatar I am not special - I am a limited edition.
    Patrician Moderator Emeritus Administrator Emeritus

Blog Entries

Default Re: Minimal UI Modification

I am not aware that this can be modified in the mt2w.lnt file which governs UI stuff. There is no keyboard shortcut either afaik.

Quote Originally Posted by Gigantus View Post
    I am not aware that this can be modified in the mt2w.lnt file which governs UI stuff. There is no keyboard shortcut either afaik.
    In the mod "Wrath of the Norsemen The Baltic Release Beta 3.3" they have being able to make a shortcut key Ctrl Z that has that function, so you can highlight units in hidden UI option.

I would like to know how to do that for other mods, because that's the only one that has it. In the rest of the mods i have to press Ctrl A, but that only highlight your units, not the enemy's.

So, at least now we know it's possible.

Gigantus's Avatar I am not special - I am a limited edition.
    Patrician Moderator Emeritus Administrator Emeritus

Blog Entries

I did a guide on editing hidden keyboard shortcuts, it has got a link at the bottom to another guide that describes how to set up custom shortcuts. That might be of help.

Quote Originally Posted by Gigantus View Post
    I did a guide on editing hidden keyboard shortcuts, it has got a link at the bottom to another guide that describes how to set up custom shortcuts. That might be of help.
    Thank you!

I'll try to configure that shortcut. It's really nice to highlight units with shortcut, because I'm always playing with hidden UI.