Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Boris may well be the worst PM since Lord North

nhytgbvfeco2's Avatar Praefectus

Default Re: Boris may well be the worst PM since Lord North

Quote Originally Posted by mongrel View Post
    Boris and his ministers told the nation that Dom’s only crime was loving his family too much – and so implying that every Briton who obeyed the rules that they loved their family too little. Yet the whole country could see through his nonsense. This from a man who cheated on his wife when she was in remission from cancer treatment and is said to have little to do with a legion of kids by random women.

Long term damage to the Tories or for all politicians?

My fear is that this is equivalent to the expenses scandal and all politicians will be seen to be hypocritical elitist to whom no rules or laws apply.
    None of this in any way relates to the post you've quoted.
    Why are you lying to us in the OP? That's what I'm asking here. Do you believe your argument to be so weak that you must embellish it with lies?
    Last edited by nhytgbvfeco2; May 29, 2020 at 01:32 PM.

Looks as if a mod removed the direct response. It involved a loud fart, as promised. My response to this worthless post is similar, you will have to use your imagination. *

The rest is entirely on topic and a continuation of the proper discussion.

*Remembering the famous Peter Sellers blooper I could just say 'now'.
    Last edited by mongrel; May 29, 2020 at 02:09 PM.
    Absolutley Barking, Mudpit Mutt Former Patron: Garbarsardar

"Out of the crooked tree of humanity,no straight thing can be made." Immanuel Kant
    "Oh Yeah? What about a cricket bat? That's pretty straight. Just off the top of my head..." Al Murray, Pub Landlord.

Looks as if a mod removed the direct response. It involved a loud fart, as promised. My response to this worthless post is similar, you will have to use your imagination. *

The rest is entirely on topic and a continuation of the proper discussion.

*Remembering the famous Peter Sellers blooper I could just say 'now'.
    Boris Johnson is the greatest thing to happen to Britain since sliced bread. Now, I know that my source contradicts my statement, but people are dying which means I'm allowed to spread misinformation. If you call me out on it I'll have to fart in your general direction for daring to try to flame me. Did I do it right?
    Now please, if you don't mind, just fix the lie in the OP.

ggggtotalwarrior's Avatar hey it geg

When someone doesn’t have a real valid argument quoting Monty Python is a great way to draw attention away from such a failure
    Rep me and I'll rep you back.

UNDER THE PATRONAGE OF THE KING POSTER AKAR

Cookiegod's Avatar CIVUS DIVUS EX CLIBANO
    Citizen

I, for one, place great trust in a government that fakes its statistics, has the highest deathrate in Europe, one of the lowest actual testing rates, a PM shaking hands with infected people and being proud of it but very surprised of the consequences, and has his advisor breaking quarantine going to shill for GlaxoSmithCline (the ones that profit vastly even after fines from breaking the law), whilst leaving actually funding the NHS to 100year old old people who are barely able to walk.

"Then again, we don't know what it's like in Russia." - A Brit

Quote Originally Posted by Cookiegod View Post
    From Socrates over Jesus to me it has always been the lot of any true visionary to be rejected by the reactionary bourgeoisie
    Qualis noncives pereo! #justiceforcookie #egalitéfraternitécookié #CLM

Campidoctor

Hail Britannia

That would be a like for like.
    No. Not even remotely…

U.S. President Donald Trump on Friday said he is terminating the U.S. relationship with the World Health Organization over its handling of the coronavirus, saying the WHO had essentially become a puppet organization of China.
    Appearing in the White House Rose Garden, Trump went ahead with repeated threats to eliminate American funding for the group, which amounts to hundreds of millions of dollars a year.
    Trump said the WHO had failed to make reforms to the organization that the president had demanded earlier this month. He said Chinese officials “ignored their reporting obligations” about the virus to the WHO and pressured the WHO to “mislead the world” when the virus was first discovered by Chinese authorities.
    “China has total control over the World Health Organization despite only paying $40 million per year compared to what the United States has been paying which is approximately $450 million a year. We have detailed the reforms that it must make and engaged with them directly but they have refused to act,” said Trump.
    “Because they have failed to make the requested and greatly needed reforms, we will be today terminating our relationship with the World Health Organization and redirecting those funds to other worldwide and deserving urgent global public health needs,” he said.
    Trump has long questioned the value of the United Nations and scorned the importance of multilateralism as he focuses on an “America First” agenda. Since taking office, Trump has quit the U.N. Human Rights Council, the U.N. cultural agency UNESCO, a global accord to tackle climate change and the Iran nuclear deal.
    The World Health Organization is a U.N. specialized agency - an independent international body that works with the United Nations. The WHO and a spokesman for U.N. Secretary-General Antonio Guterres did not immediately respond to a request for comment on Trump’s decision
    https://www.reuters.com/article/us-h...KBN2352YJ?il=0

"You know… the thing" - President Joseph R. Biden, Jr., vaguely alluding to the Declaration of Independence

Quote Originally Posted by skh1 View Post
    Just learned the news, I concede the point and I pray for the poor country.

Back to UK.

@Cookiegod. Nice summary. The GlaxoSmithCline connection probably didn't get the promenance it deserves because of the sheer volume of uttered this week.

The introduction test and trace was a shambles and suspicion is that it was rushed to distract from the Cummings row, regardless on the risk to lives. Our Health Minister thinks that's a laughing matter.

Last edited by mongrel; May 29, 2020 at 04:34 PM.

"Out of the crooked tree of humanity,no straight thing can be made." Immanuel Kant
    "Oh Yeah? What about a cricket bat? That's pretty straight. Just off the top of my head..." Al Murray, Pub Landlord.

It's a shame you're insistent on ignoring facts and instead knowingly spreading misinformation. What's the point of even providing a source if it contradicts the point you were trying to prove? We might as well link random websites.

Quote Originally Posted by nhytgbvfeco2 View Post
    It's a shame you're insistent on ignoring facts and instead knowingly spreading misinformation. What's the point of even providing a source if it contradicts the point you were trying to prove? We might as well link random websites.
    This is a Boris thread, stop your flaming.
    Last edited by alhoon; May 29, 2020 at 05:43 PM. Reason: off topic references removed

This is a Boris thread, stop your flaming.
    How about you fix the OP? As I've already pointed out, your source contradicts your assertions.
    Last edited by alhoon; May 29, 2020 at 05:45 PM. Reason: continuity

Quote Originally Posted by nhytgbvfeco2 View Post
    How about you fix the OP? As I've already pointed out, your source contradicts your assertions.
    Mongrel

Locked down too late, not enough adequate PPE,no quarantine for new arrivals,no initial testing initially,the infected dumped in care homes, leaving the old to die in droves. Allowed chief advisor to do what hell he likes at great risk to people. Rushing to loosen controls even though 'r' is still dangerously high. 10s of 000s dead.

nhytgbvfeco2 Bibble Bibble Bibble let's talk about Mongrel.

Mongrel

Locked down too late, not enough adequate PPE,no quarantine for new arrivals,no initial testing initially,the infected dumped in care homes, leaving the old to die in droves. Allowed chief advisor to do what hell he likes at great risk to people. Rushing to loosen controls even though 'r' is still dangerously high. 10s of 000s dead.

nhytgbvfeco2 Bibble Bibble Bibble let's talk about Mongrel.
    I've replied to the lock down part, you've ignored it. So I figured if you won't listen to my arguments the least I could to is try to make you fix the OP. I don't understand why it's so hard for you to do so. Just add the word "one" to it and viola. Because as it stands what happens when you click on the source used for the assertion that the UK has the highest death rate in the world is that you're taken to an article where literally the title tells you that it doesn't.

More like:

Mongrel:

Literally the title of the source you used to make that assertion:

UK suffers second-highest death rate from coronavirus
    He’s pointing out the absurdity of making a post that lies so blatantly and refuses to acknowledge it lmao. I cannot imagine myself ever making a post so morally bankrupt that it relies upon other users not reading the headline of the source being cited. And to continuously ignore calls to fix such an obvious error makes it clear you did so intentionally and are arguing in bad faith

Quote Originally Posted by Cope View Post
    I see you are new to mongrel's incoherent ranting. All the old classics are out: misinformation; deflections; false equivalences; accusations of racism; and an insistence that all critiques are attacks against his person. And it's still all downhill from here I'm afraid.
    At what point has misinformation; deflections; false equivalences appeared in this thread- point them out now . Accusations of racism, race is not mentioned at all.

Attacks on person? The FT has subsequently amended to take into account new information from Spain.

The people on this forum would have worked that out having read the note at the foot of this article "This article has been amended to take into account a one-off revision to Spanish data on Thursday. This meant the UK now has the second-highest death rate from coronavirus after Spain rather than the highest rate as originally reported. This article has been modified to replace a chart linking excess deaths to lockdown dates with one linking excess deaths per million."

I have fantastic powers, but one of them is not predicting editorial changes. I don't own a TARDIS either. In any event the information is hardly concealed, its all out there. Nor is the impact of Boris' incompetence diminished.

Just by way of independent reference, these are unamended reports showing the UK having the highest rate in the world.

https://www.businessinsider.com/uk-h...20-5?r=US&IR=T

https://www.businessinsider.com/uk-h...20-5?r=US&IR=T

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/u...-a9532286.html

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/115725...e-coronavirus/

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-new...id-19-22098657
    Last edited by Abdülmecid I; May 30, 2020 at 04:14 AM. Reason: Inflammatory.

At what point has misinformation; deflections; false equivalences appeared in this thread
    He does not have the wit to notice that when the artcle was posted the UK was indeed thought to have had the highest death rate
    TIL 19 countries= “the world”

FT analysis of data from 19 countries finds Britain suffering heavy toll from pandemic
    edit:

>claims I didn’t read the article

>also didn’t read the headline saying it was a specific study of 19 countries and not the world

Omegalul

I know this is a double post but I feel it makes more sense than to continue responding to his edited post with more edits.

The Business Insider article you pulled up now as another source for the “world” figure cited the exact same article you originally posted that is based off of only 19 countries lmao. It’s literally an article that hasn’t been updated to fit the new information despite being based on the first article and also falsely used a headline of “the world” while against being based off on only 19 countries.

You responded to accusations your OP was willfully spreading false information with an “independent reference” that it actually read shows it’s literally repeating the first but hasn’t been updated to show the first was wrong.

The UK has registered 59,537 more deaths than usual since mid-March, which represents a death rate of 891 people per million. An analysis by the Financial Timesshowed that the figures mean the UK has a higher rate of death at this time of year of any country for which reliable data is available
    Last edited by Aexodus; May 29, 2020 at 06:21 PM. Reason: Merged

Quote Originally Posted by ggggtotalwarrior View Post
    TIL 19 countries= “the world”

edit:

>claims I didn’t read the article

>also didn’t read the headline saying it was a specific study of 19 countries and not the world

Omegalul
    Nonetheless you fail. You didn't check the article properly and took the word of a wub, rather than think for yourself.The headlines I had posted just now speak for themselves.They were the figures available at time of publishing. The fact that the FT corrected their article after my post could hardly suggest I was untruthful, unless you can provide the forum hard evidence that I am a Time Lord and had read the future amended article. In anyevent around 60k Britons remain (excess) dead, no matter how many Spanish dead remain unaccounted for. I tried not to be gloaty about this, it's a serious subject and a source of great anger here, hence my heavy hints to nhytgbvfeco to lay off. But he and his friends just wouldn't. Still, consider yourself well and truly owned.
    Last edited by mongrel; May 29, 2020 at 06:21 PM.

I don’t understand how one develops a victim complex over being asked to give proper sources. I don’t consider myself “owned” because the “new” source you linked it basing all of its claim that Britain is the #1 country for death rate off of the first one you cited, which once again, only is based off of 19 countries, and also has been amended to show they are in fact #2 of those countries.

What if of those 19 countries, they were in fact 1-19 in terms of deathrate worldwide? That would actually mean the UK is doing very well in terms of deathrate from Corona, and not last in the world as you falsely assert in the OP and refuse to change.
    Last edited by Abdülmecid I; May 30, 2020 at 04:12 AM. Reason: Unnecessary.

I can't take this post seriously. The FT was a proper source. The fact that I can't read future editions of FT articles, like any species outside Galifrey,should not be considered fair reasons for criticism.

We in Britain have had our bull quota already having watched the Cummings and Boris breifings. To suggest that the UK is doing well from it's handling of the virus is an insult to the 10s of 000s of dead, quite frankly. Anything to whinge about Mongrel, not Boris.
    Last edited by mongrel; May 29, 2020 at 06:30 PM.

So you admit you’re not arguing from any sort of numbers or statistics standpoint but purely one of emotion, namely anger, and are lashing out that the “headlines” you cited are false? I mean it’s fair to be angry, but for the most part I don’t think the corona epidemic response in the UK was that different from the rest of the world. Frankly, it seems like you hate the government for some reasons that are valid and are attempting to use some fake news and misinformation to strengthen your point. Yes, UK could’ve had a stronger response to Corona but the same applies for most nations in the west and you have little data to back up your point that It has been among the worst responses in the entire world.

i live in NY which has been by far the worst in terms of corona numbers in my entire country but I’m not going to and moan and scream that it’s Andrew Cuomo’s fault when his response was not very out of line with the rest of the country. Many factors have made countries and in my case regions/states more or less susceptible to the virus, and to cite basic death totals (false ones at that) do little to support your thesis.

Im just trying to get you to amend your claims in the OP because doing so rather than blatantly providing fake news will actually strengthen your argument rather than less it. I’d have been more likely to accept your views had you not provided a propagandistic OP
    Last edited by ggggtotalwarrior; May 29, 2020 at 06:34 PM. Reason: Spelling

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast