Page 1 of 10 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Voter Fraud

B. W.'s Avatar Primicerius

Default Voter Fraud

I've seen the legacy media's spin that there is no voter fraud repeated many times in this forum. It is an important subject as there are definitely election integrity problems associated with it.

There is hardly a two week period of time that goes by that I don't see an article about illegal votes being discovered. Of course this isn't covered by left-wing press because it doesn't fit the narrative they are spinning.

So, to those of you who rely on Snopes, legacy media and other lame sources to prove your point of no voter fraud, here's some reality for you:

https://www.heritage.org/sites/defau...audCases_5.pdf

The thing is, there is much more than just what is outlined in the Heritage report and if this thread isn't closed by moderators I'll start to give occasional updates and additional information.

So go on then, explain why you say there is no voter fraud or why it isn't a problem.

antaeus's Avatar Cool and normal

Default Re: Voter Fraud

If you're saying the generic "I think there is voter fraud" then I think you're right.

I'm fairly sure there is voter fraud in Eritrea, if they're even allowed to pretend-vote. I'm not so sure there is voter fraud in Iceland, but there might be in individual cases.

I think we need a more specific argument with context. Otherwise this post is as pointless as saying "I think there is crime, prove me wrong"
    IN PATROCINIVM SVB MARENOSTRUM

https://www.npr.org/2019/07/30/74680...e-ballot-fraud

Who'd have thought.

Now, what case was being made here?
    One thing is for certain: the more profoundly baffled you have been in your life, the more open your mind becomes to new ideas.
    -Neil deGrasse Tyson

Let's think the unthinkable, let's do the undoable. Let us prepare to grapple with the ineffable itself, and see if we may not eff it after all.

Philly judge of elections pleads guilty to election fraud, accepting bribes
    https://whyy.org/articles/philly-jud...epting-bribes/

I mean, you find the occasional voter here and there. But typically what you find is flat out election fraud, like the stories Infidel and I posted. In these cases, none of the affected voters did anything wrong.
    One thing is for certain: the more profoundly baffled you have been in your life, the more open your mind becomes to new ideas.
    -Neil deGrasse Tyson

Let's think the unthinkable, let's do the undoable. Let us prepare to grapple with the ineffable itself, and see if we may not eff it after all.

So I guess we have consensus.

All we needed was a single article detailing a voter fraud case certainly. It proves that voter fraud exists in the abstract.

Job done guys. Great thread.

irontaino's Avatar Protector Domesticus
    Citizen

So 1,285 cases over the past two decades. Not exactly the epidemic conservatives like to claim, and a far far cry from the numbers that Trump claims.
    Fact:Apples taste good, and you can throw them at people if you're being attacked
    Under the patronage of big daddy Elfdude

A.B.A.P.

Quote Originally Posted by antaeus View Post
    So I guess we have consensus.

All we needed was a single article detailing a voter fraud case certainly. It proves that voter fraud exists in the abstract.

Job done guys. Great thread.
    Dig deeper. That's election fraud.

Here's voter fraud:
    https://www.texastribune.org/2020/03...viction-stand/
    -Neil deGrasse Tyson

Oh darn.

So we haven't shown it exists yet.

Will this do?

https://www.themoscowtimes.com/2018/...ar-east-a63515

I got no clue. BW's just taking a shotgun and firing from the hip and hoping we do his job for him. I'm done with this until he fine tunes this down.
    -Neil deGrasse Tyson

the_mango55's Avatar Comes Rei Militaris
    Citizen

Voter fraud and election fraud are not the same thing.

Election fraud is real and something we need to watch for, but it’s not something that voter ID laws or polling restrictions or barring voting by mail will stop.

Voter fraud is very rare.

Any attempt to make it more complicated to vote is not a good faith attempt to reduce fraud, it is an attempt to suppress voting so your side has the advantage.
    ttt
    Adopted son of Lord Sephiroth, Youngest sibling of Pent uP Rage, Prarara the Great, Nerwen Carnesîr, TB666 and, Boudicca. In the great Family of the Black Prince

Quote Originally Posted by Gaidin View Post
    https://www.npr.org/2019/07/30/74680...e-ballot-fraud

Who'd have thought.

Now, what case was being made here?
    Yeah, I remember that and it should not have happened. I recall one poster on this forum who is a Democrat go on and on about it. At the same time that happened a Republican in California lost his seat due to Democrat ballot harvesting. No one said a word...meaning it's OK if Democrats do it.

Moving on; scarcely a week goes by that I don't read an article like this, but you never see them in left-wing media unless it involves a Republican:

https://www.washingtontimes.com/news...l-voting-frau/

And then there's this where Trump actually lost a state's elecltoral votes because of voter fraud and a Republican lost a seat in the House:

http://tmp.americanthinker.com/blog/...hampshire.html
    Last edited by B. W.; May 27, 2020 at 01:50 PM.

Yea at least two state reps in California have had their asses hung out to dry for their actions. Though I couldn't find the stories on a national level. I ironically saw it on msnbc one night but it never made it so high as cnn or nbc websites. I never found the local stories via my google fu the next day.

It's not that ironic that one might have to be running for or be in a federal office for the story to make national waves.
    -Neil deGrasse Tyson

Republicans have two choices:

1. Accept that they are not going to win every election. Ask themselves "What could we do better so we are more appealing to more voters?"

2. Whine, pout, and cry voter fraud even when they win. "My party is perfect! Our ideas are perfect! Our leader is perfect! There MUST BE fraud or we'd get 100% of the vote!"

Clearly they have chosen 2.

Quote Originally Posted by Coughdrop addict View Post
    Republicans have two choices:

1. Accept that they are not going to win every election. Ask themselves "What could we do better so we are more appealing to more voters?"

2. Whine, pout, and cry voter fraud even when they win. "My party is perfect! Our ideas are perfect! Our leader is perfect! There MUST BE fraud or we'd get 100% of the vote!"

Clearly they have chosen 2.
    Only 28 million mail in votes went missing in the last four elections:

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/ar...ns_143033.html

Leftists: "Trump won the election because he cheated! Russia cheated! Repubs want voter IDs so they can cheat!"

Also leftists: "voter fraud doesn't exist lmao"
    "People don't think the universe be like it is, but it do." -- Neil deGrasse Tyson

In Soviet Russia you want Uncle Sam.

Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by B. W. View Post
    Only 28 million mail in votes went missing in the last four elections:

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/ar...ns_143033.html
    "The missing ballots amount to nearly one in five of all absentee ballots and ballots mailed to voters residing in states that do elections exclusively by mail."

This just means lots of people requesting absentee ballots and vote by mail ballots didn't bother to vote and mail them back. Nothing to do with some conspiracy about votes that were cast going missing. If we counted everyone who was registered to vote but didn't bother to come in as "missing" we could claim there's a lot of "fraud" for in-person voting also.
    ttt
    Adopted son of Lord Sephiroth, Youngest sibling of Pent uP Rage, Prarara the Great, Nerwen Carnesîr, TB666 and, Boudicca. In the great Family of the Black Prince

Quote Originally Posted by the_mango55 View Post
    "The missing ballots amount to nearly one in five of all absentee ballots and ballots mailed to voters residing in states that do elections exclusively by mail."

This just means lots of people requesting absentee ballots and vote by mail ballots didn't bother to vote and mail them back. Nothing to do with some conspiracy about votes that were cast going missing. If we counted everyone who was registered to vote but didn't bother to come in as "missing" we could claim there's a lot of "fraud" for in-person voting also.
    Hmmm, I see. So you're saying that one in five people who go through the trouble of requesting a mail-in ballot don't bother to return them.

Quote Originally Posted by Surgeon View Post
    Leftists: "Trump won the election because he cheated! Russia cheated! Repubs want voter IDs so they can cheat!"

The most succinct, best response to this issue I have ever seen.

Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by B. W. View Post
    Hmmm, I see. So you're saying that one in five people who go through the trouble of requesting a mail-in ballot don't bother to return them.
    The number also includes people who live in states where the entire election is conducted by mail. It's not any more surprising that some of those don't get returned than that many people who go through the trouble of registering to vote don't bother to show up to vote in person.

Quote Originally Posted by Surgeon View Post

Where do you find people on the left claiming that republicans or russians are literally rigging the vote totals or committing election fraud? Nobody has claimed that outside of some conspiracy theorists that are far from the mainstream.

Republicans want to suppress minority vote, this isn't even in question.
    Last edited by the_mango55; May 29, 2020 at 12:23 AM.
    ttt

Page 1 of 10 12345678910 LastLast