Thread: Game won't load with my mod

Default Game won't load with my mod

I am not sure what I am doing wrong. At first when I created the mod and tried to install, the game would just exit at the launch screen before the main menu. Then I read a post on here that renaming the tables is recommended. So I renamed projectiles to 1_projectiles and the same with the other tables that I modded, and now instead of just exiting at launch, the game just freezes at the launch screen. My mouse will keep spinning and I have to ctrl alt delete to end the game. I downloaded a random mod from here and installed that and the game loads just fine.

I didn't edit much in the tables. My only edits are:

From Projectiles
    musket flintlock base reload time to 10
    Mortar Carcass, quicklime, shell, percussive, shot and sharpnel base reload times to 10

From unit stats land
    4 inch mortar marksmanship to 55, loading skill to 65
    euro line infantry britain marksmanship to 55, loading skill to 55, ammo to 999, checkmarked good stamina

from unit stats naval
    1st, 2nd and 3rd rate ships gunner marksmanship to 70, loading skill to 70, top speed to 24, acceleration to 1.9

from units
    upkeep costs on British troops and British naval ships

I have attached my mod to this post. The only thing I can think of is maybe some of the numbers I have applied aren't allowed by the game?
    Attached Files Attached Files

Default Re: Game won't load with my mod

I think I solved it but have a new problem. Instead of having all the tables in one mod file, I have all the 4 tables that I modded in 4 separate mod files. And with the mod files added to data folder, the the user script updated with the names, the game loads fine now. However, the changes don't appear to be working in game.

Default Re: Game won't load with my mod

Well, looks like I fixed it myself. Apparently, the problem was with Pack File Manager. I searched and searched these forums and found a program called Rusted Pack File Manager. Saving the modded tables in RPFM seems to have fixed the issue. Now my mod loads and the changes appear in game. Not sure why PFM didn't work but RPFM did work, but if anyone out there has has similar issues getting mods to work, search for Rusted Pack File Manager and it might help.