Thread: Character CSM "Insufficient video memory to load requested texture set"

Default Character CSM "Insufficient video memory to load requested texture set"

I've created a general CSM from a battle model, reassigned the left hand groups etc. but for some reason when I try to run it in-game the game crashes at the last moment. The log reads as follows:

21:47:40.275 [data.invalid] [error] Insufficient video memory to load requested texture set.

Yet what's weird about this is that the game can load the texture set on functioning .cas models, yet my new model cannot even load other textures. Ergo, something is off with the CSM.

Would somebody be able to take a look at the files for me?
    Cheers
    Tom

Thror.zip

paleologos's Avatar You need burrito love!!

Default Re: Character CSM "Insufficient video memory to load requested texture set"

Man you regrouped everything into one.
    Just how many heads and beards and torsos and so on and so forth do you want your general model to have?
    Choose one of each and delete the rest.
    Then, if you can squeeze the textures in a 512x512 image file, do so and of course adjust the UV mapping.
    Then regroup the groups.
    And give it a try.

Default Re: Character CSM "Insufficient video memory to load requested texture set"

Quote Originally Posted by paleologos View Post
    Man you regrouped everything into one.
    Just how many heads and beards and torsos and so on and so forth do you want your general model to have?
    Choose one of each and delete the rest.
    Blimey, I totally missed that in the file! Managed to create one without that error this morning; Apologies. Will do so now and squeeze it into a 512x512; would you be able to point me to a guide to adjust the UV mapping?

paleologos's Avatar You need burrito love!!

Ach, just realised UV mapping is texture coordination (hits head against a wall). I'll reply again once I've done it all from scratch following your method!