View Poll Results: What's the best part of Mount & Blade II: Bannerlord?

Voters
13. You may not vote on this poll
  • Creating and customising your character

4 30.77%
  • Roleplaying and quests

5 38.46%
  • Siege warfare

2 15.38%
  • Multiplayer

0 0%
  • Something else (you're invited to specify on the poll thread)

2 15.38%

Thread: What's the best part of Mount & Blade II: Bannerlord?

Alwyn's Avatar Frothy Goodness
    Content Director Patrician Citizen

Default What's the best part of Mount & Blade II: Bannerlord?

You may have seen King Athelstan's review of Mount & Blade II: Bannerlord, showing the new game's great features.

If you have the game, which aspect are you enjoying the most?

ggggtotalwarrior's Avatar hey it geg

Default Re: What's the best part of Mount & Blade II: Bannerlord?

I literally never played MNB1 and doubt 2 will run great on my rig. Is 1 still worth playing all these years later?
    Rep me and I'll rep you back.

UNDER THE PATRONAGE OF THE KING POSTER AKAR

Alwyn's Avatar Frothy Goodness
    Content Director Patrician Citizen

I haven't played Mount & Blade I, I'd be interested to hear the views of players who have. Obviously, King Athelstan's review of the second game gives you an idea of what the first one is like, as he compares the two games. I think it depends on whether you would enjoy the mix of RPG elements and tactical combat.

Cookiegod's Avatar CIVUS DIVUS EX CLIBANO
    Citizen

I had much fewer bugs than Athelchan. Then again I might have played it a little less, but I also made the mistake of playing on very hard from early on (which usually pays of but which I here found to be a bit of a hazzle, so I only left the combat difficulties high), so I had to restart.

The game is somewhat unforgiving, which I like (you'd have to save cheat to avoid this, making the game much less fun), so you'll have set backs without having your game necessarily completely destroyed.

The role playing needs improvements, but it was entertaining nonetheless. It's pretty clear what the devs are going for and with the structure set this seems very much within the realms of feasibility.

Basically, whereas Warband had a static, unchangeable set of named characters, who were all unkillable, this game is more dynamic, featuring both a start cast of major nobles, and randomly generated smaller nobles in the settlements, whose favours you need to garner to be able to recruit more and better troops. Major characters can also be killed, but also marry, give birth to children, and generally procreate.

Obviously the best parts are some of the battles, but even more importantly, the stuff you do on the main map. Which is travel, negotiate, do quests, trade, recruit, slowly building yourself up along several independent vectors (equipment, wealth, skills, army, fiefs, character recruitment wise)

Quote Originally Posted by Cookiegod View Post
    From Socrates over Jesus to me it has always been the lot of any true visionary to be rejected by the reactionary bourgeoisie
    Qualis noncives pereo! #justiceforcookie #egalitéfraternitécookié #CLM

King Athelstan's Avatar The Wheel Weaves
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ggggtotalwarrior View Post
    I literally never played MNB1 and doubt 2 will run great on my rig. Is 1 still worth playing all these years later?
    The original Mount & Blade? Perhaps not. Warband however is very much worth playing, especially with the plethora of mods out there.
    Proudly under the patronage of General Brewster of the Imperial House of Hader
    Proud patron of 4zumi, Akar, CommodusIV ,Swaeft
    and Peaman