Thread: A quick question on Babylonian history.

Douchebag's Avatar Vicarius

Default A quick question on Babylonian history.

So, im reading up on the Code of Hammurabi and I have 1 question. If a plaintiff calls upon the defendant and the defendant doesnt show up, or gives a false testimony...what are the chances of him being executed?

ty. im writing an essay on the roman twelve code of laws and the code of hammurabi

conon394's Avatar hoi polloi
    Colfax WA, neat I have a barn and 49 acres - I have 2 horses, 15 chickens - but no more pigs

Default Re: A quick question on Babylonian history.

Quote Originally Posted by Douchebag View Post
    So, im reading up on the Code of Hammurabi and I have 1 question. If a plaintiff calls upon the defendant and the defendant doesnt show up, or gives a false testimony...what are the chances of him being executed?

ty. im writing an essay on the roman twelve code of laws and the code of hammurabi
    Err not doing homework for you this sounds like a time to get free JSTOR papers and search on how well Babylonian law was enforced or if this was just Royal PR. I think its free up 6 or maybe ten now.
    IN PATROCINIVM SVB Dromikaites

'One day when I fly with my hands - up down the sky, like a bird'

But if the cause be not good, the king himself hath a heavy reckoning to make, when all those legs and arms and heads, chopped off in battle, shall join together at the latter day and cry all 'We died at such a place; some swearing, some crying for surgeon, some upon their wives left poor behind them, some upon the debts they owe, some upon their children rawly left.

Hyperides of Athens: We know, replied he, that Antipater is good, but we (the Demos of Athens) have no need of a master at present, even a good one.

Quote Originally Posted by Douchebag View Post

Your question is too broad to answer concisely, but you want the "Mesopotamia: Old Babylonian Period" section of this book (pages 361–430). If you don't have institutional access or a spare $492, it is possible to find it elsewhere.
    Quote Originally Posted by Enros View Post
    You don't seem to be familiar with how the burden of proof works in when discussing social justice. It's not like science where it lies on the one making the claim. If someone claims to be oppressed, they don't have to prove it.

Douchebag's Avatar Vicarius

Quote Originally Posted by sumskilz View Post
    Your question is too broad to answer concisely, but you want the "Mesopotamia: Old Babylonian Period" section of this book (pages 361–430). If you don't have institutional access or a spare $492, it is possible to find it elsewhere.

thanks guys. guess ill just look it up somewhere else