Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast

Thread: JLMP's fixes & stuff

Icon2 JLMP's fixes & stuff

Audio stuff download (already in SSHIP 0.98)
    Music folder only for whatever needs
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    February 27, 2021 (436 MB)
    http://www.mediafire.com/file/flzhwd...s_v13.zip/file
    Fix1 fixed
    https://www.mediafire.com/file/hh29g..._fix2.zip/file
    Fix2
    www.mediafire.com/file/r7y2kj3i8yz0dxf/JLMP+typo+hotfix.zip/file
    1. Overwrite, run cleaner.bat & play
    2. Savegame compatible
    Changelog:
    Changes compared to v0.96:

EXPANDED MUSIC:
    - removed piano and other unfit music (in total 11 strat, 10 battle, 4 menu songs)
    - 104 new songs/pieces of music
    - 8 new regional music types: slavic_orthodox, oriental_orthodox, lithuania_ee, cuman_steppe, hold_jerusalem, sicily_meltingpot, gaelic_lands, norse_christianized
    - changed or restored 2 new misc menu sounds

VOICES FIX:
    - fixed all "unit_select" battlemap voices
    - on english game version: georgia's accent set to east_european, cumans set to mongolian
    - partially restored coding for mongolian accent on stratmap
    - disabled 80% instances of Cumans mentioning Sultan and Allah
    - added Arabic and Cuman Princesses' voices (using selected Mediterranean voices for now)
    Campaign AI by z3n (Skynet) - adjusted for SSHIP's medieval setting by me (optional in SSHIP 0.98)
    May 16, 2021 (5 KB)
    https://www.mediafire.com/file/jcpyn...+JLMP.zip/file

New, prettier and more readable scroll texture (already in SSHIP 0.98)
    May 8, 2021 (3 MB)
    https://www.mediafire.com/file/a4oucjz4d5m1u9y/JLMP+new+scroll+texture.zip/file
    - compatible with everything
    - comparison before / after

Medievalish fonts (partially in SSHIP 0.97)
    Fonts used: Vinque/TypeyMcTypeface(yes). I used EB team's tool. Compatible with every mod.
    <actually I just deleted fonts by accident>
    Preview:

Last edited by Just let me post; June 07, 2021 at 04:48 PM. Reason: feed that wolf

Lifthrasir's Avatar "Capre" Dunkerquois
    Patrician Moderator Emeritus

Blog Entries

Default Re: Period music addition (No piano/epic/vocals) + selection voices fix

Under the patronage of Flinn, proud patron of Jadli, from the Heresy Vault of the Imperial House of Hader

Nice compilation there! Good job

Thx

Default Re: Piano music begone + more medieval music (no piano/epic/vocals) + (TBD) selection voices fix

Updated, removed the new menu song (for some reason it stuck on playing this only).

To do it yourself, delete 5th Frontent mp3

Elendil 03's Avatar Semisalis
    A landlocked, neutral country somewhere in Western Europe

Default Re: Piano music begone + more medieval music (no piano/epic/vocals) + (TBD) selection voices fix

Yay! I'm happy you could make this happen.
    Aut prodesse voluit aut delectare auctor aut simul et iucunda et idonea dicere vitae.

Medieval II Stuff: Medieval & Viking Invasion music addon | Bellum Crucis Enhanced All-In-One | Elendil's Font Packs & Eye Candy | Alba di Rinascita - Fonts pack (included in the former) | The Eldar Scrolls - Fonts pack

kostic's Avatar Domesticus

I installed your new music on my SSHIP version and I really like it ! Thank you !

I don't understand why we should delete the (Fronted_5)?
    At home, it's the (Fronted_1) that I hear when I arrive on the menu page.

Thank you guys for the kind words

So my idea to delete (Frontend_5) (the one I added previously) was to remove the bug I believe it somehow caused (only playing 1 menu song).
    But apparently it's SSHIP's fault (or it's a feature?) as I reinstalled it a fresh and same thing is happening.

I mean in Titanium submod the music was changed at random every time you launched a game. Here it picks one at random and it's your menu music forever.

Edit. I know why, it's because Titanium loads up .mp3s directly and not from a fixed .dat archive.
    It doesn't bother me much, upon rebuilding archive game has 4 or 5 songs to choose from for a menu theme, so it's a roulette.
    I might change it later for a set songs sequence (e.g. like in DaC)

Edit2. I did it
    Last edited by Just let me post; May 28, 2020 at 08:17 PM. Reason: edit2

Blog Entries

Default Re: Piano music begone and more medieval music (no piano/epic/vocals) + (TBD) selection voices fix + QoL (GRASSY Plain, wasd camera controls)

What's the cause of the voices issue? I haven't found the time to look at it yet
    Under the patronage of Flinn, proud patron of Jadli, from the Heresy Vault of the Imperial House of Hader

Default Re: Piano music begone and more medieval music (no piano/epic/vocals) + (TBD) selection voices fix + QoL (GRASSY Plain, wasd camera controls)

Newly added units simply aren't included in "export_descr_sounds_units_voice.txt"

No one told them that they should introduce themselves, so it's not bad manners, it's (lack of) a feature

All the "fun" to fix it would be to add missing entries (e.g. from EDU) in there, like this:

unit Armored Sergeants
    event
    folder data/sounds/Voice/Human/Localized/Battle_Map
    French_Heavy_Generic_Spearmen_1.wav
    French_Heavy_Generic_Spearmen_2.wav
    end

Edit.

... and I fixed ALL polish units, across all eras. Added all responses and fixed things like Foot Piast Nobles still thinking they are spearmen (no, you are heavy infantry). Download above.
    Last edited by Just let me post; May 29, 2020 at 10:20 AM. Reason: updated

Jurand of Cracow's Avatar History and gameplay!

it's so refreshing to hear another music in the SSHIP... is it possible (IPRs) to include this music in the SSHIP?
    besides, does the music differ depending on which faction do you play? For Western Europe this medieval music is fine, but I haven't checked for the Orthodox or Muslim.

Default Re: Piano music begone and more medieval music (no piano/epic/vocals) + (WIP 1/29 done) selection voices fix + QoL (GRASSY Plain, wasd camera controls)

I would be honoured if you used this, so yeah

Music is different across regions and 95% of the music is untouched, I only removed a few unfitting songs and added 2 or 3 new songs per region.

These 2 were added into Arabic/Islam region on top of what already was in SSHIP (whole list of new songs is in the spoiler above)
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gq6_QjGq8aU M'saddar - Sana'a - 20th century
    Added into: Arabic region
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eLE9IUzgqgk RTW Arabic Winter - 21th century
    Added into: Arabic region

Default Re: Piano music begone and more medieval music (no piano/epic/vocals) + (WIP 1/29 done) selection voices fix + QoL (GRASSY Plain, wasd camera controls)

Updated music part:

fixed new drums mobilize track (it slowed down midsong, ruining the tempo, I split it in two)
    and
    changed faction selection sound (requires deleting SFX files as well) - it's nothing but changes everything. Seriously, just try it.

Blog Entries

Just a quick input: on the Steam version, according to Gigantus, it seems that the .dat and .idx files in the sounds folder aren't regenerated by the game. It might be worth to add the regenerated one to your package

Thanks, totally forgot that. Or maybe my poor internet didn't want me to hear about uploading it

But since it's basically finished (I just need to find out how to restore click sound on units in custom battles menu ) I will include the rebuilded packs

Nemesis2345's Avatar Semisalis

Quote Originally Posted by Lifthrasir View Post
    Just a quick input: on the Steam version, according to Gigantus, it seems that the .dat and .idx files in the sounds folder aren't regenerated by the game. It might be worth to add the regenerated one to your package
    Yes, preety sure you need to ,,verify integrity cache'' of the game on steam if you want to regenerate any files. However this might overrwrite any file you previously changed with the vanilla one and create problems. Thats why if you mod Steam Versions always havea backup.

Default Re: [Steam and Disc friendly] Piano music begone and more (no piano/epic/vocals) + selection voices fix (WIP) + QoL (GRASSY Plain, wasd camera controls)

Behold and behear! I uploaded final version of my music minimod (link above). Works on steam and is uber easy to install.

- restored click sound in main menu (noticeable when adding/removing units for custom battle)
    - changed second menu song to this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zGZfcrrWbjM&t=0m3s
    - it can also play during campaign in all Euro regions.
    - it's the same author as of other menu songs
    - fixed some loading tracks
    - it's the final version

Default Re: [Steam and Disc] Piano begone and more music (no piano,epic,vocals) | selection voices fix (WIP) | QoLs (black skies fix, GRASSY Plain, WASD camera controls)

Updated selection voices fix, now 3 countries' units are done:

- Poland (fixed eastern spearmen, forgot about them earlier)
    - Castille
    - France

Blog Entries

Default Re: [Steam and Disc] Piano begone and more music (no piano,epic,vocals) | selection voices fix (WIP) | QoLs (black skies fix, GRASSY Plain, WASD camera controls)

Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast