Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: JLMP's fixes & stuff

Icon10 Re: Sound fixes + QoLs (black skies fix, GRASSY Plain)

Folks! Rejoice with me, for every (rudely) mute unit has been eliminated from the battlefield!

It's a Heroic victory

Check this out (download in first post) or just wait for 0.9.7 release!

edit.
    Updated absolutely final version:

- disabled 80% occurrences of Cumans mentioning Sultan or Allah on stratmap
    - adjusted volume of several tracks so nothing is overwhelming anymore
    - removed 4 bad/annoying songs
    - added 7 new ones
    - rearranged some music to better fit regions
    Last edited by Just let me post; June 28, 2020 at 12:46 AM.

Default Re: Sound fixes + QoLs (black skies fix, GRASSY Plain)

I have a small request to anyone knowledgable:
    I'm curious to find some actual Rus'/East Slavic medieval period musical compositions (performances based on them)

This was one of the biggest obstacles while assembling my work. I managed to find only a few on youtube, even by searching for it in various languages.
    What I'm looking for:

- no vocals
    - no balalaikas
    - no "medieval music" that is actually some 18+ century folk

Even though my sound work is pretty much finished, I'm still curious to find it. Any help would be much appreciated

kostic's Avatar Domesticus

Default Re: Sound fixes + QoLs (black skies fix, GRASSY Plain)

Thank you for your great job! When I get home I can test all of this. Maybe this Tuesday!

Default Re: Sound fixes + QoLs (black skies fix, GRASSY Plain, new rich font)

@kostic - make sure to use newest EDU, SSHIP's soundfix, and don't delete Music and SFX archives before rebuilding (remove events and voices only) for your french version

Another project I've made: new fonts fixing all missing characters, easily readable text, and looks like this:

Ingame text:
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Obviously save-compatible (and with every other mod). The fonts used is a mix of EBGaramond/Vinque/Kelvinch. I used awesome EB team's released tool.
    Last edited by Just let me post; July 01, 2020 at 07:02 PM. Reason: updated fonts

Gigantus's Avatar I am not special - I am a limited edition.
    Patrician took an arrow to the knee spy of the council

Blog Entries

Default Re: JLMP's sound fixes + QoLs (black skies fix, GRASSY Plain, new rich font, english faction names)

Nice effort, did you know you can color the menu text as well? Done via descr_ui_colour_db.

Default Re: JLMP's sound fixes + QoLs (black skies fix, GRASSY Plain, new rich font, english faction names)

Quote Originally Posted by Gigantus View Post
    Nice effort, did you know you can color the menu text as well? Done via descr_ui_colour_db.
    Thanks and thanks, I didn't know that!

I tuned some colours to match and even made winter markers red, instead of pink

Regarding fonts, I have a big question (at least to me) - is it possible to make these elements in circles use different font? Currently they all use sml_font_10.cuf
    If they could be separated, it would be amazing

Blog Entries

I am afraid you cannot change the font reference for in-game elements as outlined by you, only for menu elements (every single one of them) via the mt2w.lnt file. For those menu elements you might be able to create individual custom fonts, eg define a new font name in descr_font_db and allocate a cuf file to it.

Chances are however low given the comment in that file, but then the font references in mt2w.lnt can be edited.
    Code:
    font    tnr                font_18.cuf            18
    font    tnr_med            font_14.cuf            14
    font    tnr_sml            font_10.cuf            10
    font    verdana_sml        sml_font_10.cuf        10
    font    verdana            KP_18.CUF
    font    verdana_med        KP_14.CUF
    font    kpl_60            KPL_60.cuf
    font    myfont            myfont.cuf
    Fonts and their colors can also be edited in descr_event_images:

Jurand of Cracow's Avatar History and gameplay!

Gig, the size of the pop-out window cannot be changed?
    How to make such nice double title of the window?

Blog Entries

The size of the window can be changed, but needs to be done individually for each event. Did only the historic_event one for RotK by adding and defining the 'width' line:
    Code:
    historic_event
        icon    historic
        importance high
        heading_items    3
        footer_items    1
        width    500
        framed_body
        format
    Did a massive message movie size change in Bare Geomod:
    Code:
    historic_event_movie
        icon    historic
        importance high
        width 900
        heading_items    3
        footer_items    1
        format
        {
            string    center verdana black
            movie         center 890 385
            spacer    8
            multistring    left verdana_sml khaki left
            condition
    The double header is the {new_barbarian_horde} event in text\event_titles and it's corresponding 'body' entry in text\event_strings. The 'Imperial Han' entry is actually a faction name that gets automatically added. In other words: we hijacked the event by spawning that faction, just can't recall off hand how. I am guessing we simply set up the faction as horde and 'dead_until_resurrected' and then eventually spawned it, into some dense forest I think to keep it out of the way.
    Last edited by Gigantus; July 09, 2020 at 10:10 AM.

My upload is expiring and 097 isn't out yet, so think I will use it as an excuse to develop it further and add 2 music_types:

- gaelic_battle (scotland)
    - norse_early_christian (denmark and norway)
    - regions in descr_sounds_music_types.txt also need some fixing
    Last edited by Just let me post; July 22, 2020 at 08:48 AM.

Blog Entries

Mediafire has no expiry date, been using it for years.

Thanks, I will use it

And updated:

I fixed the remaining issue of reassigning certain Provinces to new music_types, so you can actually hear steppe music when you fight in the steppes. Or eastern orthodox music when you siege Constantinople. And the like.

- Created 2 new music_types: gaelic_lands (scotland and ireland) and norse_christianized (scandinavia)
    - Added 17 new songs (mostly battlemap), removed 1 song
    - Fixed stuff.

Great work!!! This will be more inmersive the sship gameplay!
    THE MORE YOU SWEAT NOW,
    THE LESS YOU BLEED IN BATTLE!!!

Sign the petition to remove hardcoded limits for M2TW

Blog Entries

I really should have unpacked the sound folder in my repack for Stainless Steel as I did with TATW. That would have reduced your upload to about 20MB I guess.

All that would have been required would have been the edited\added files and a set of zero byte IDX\DAT files. Principle described here.

Maybe provide an initial download with the unpacked sound files, updates then would be of very small size.

Well I've added 81 tracks total, so that's 195 MB right here

But yeah, open folder would be still be quite useful. But then again, a .dat package looks so clean and neat, how can you resist it?

Nemesis2345's Avatar Semisalis

Armenian Aspet Infantry (merc unit) has no voice , caught the little bastard hahaha.

Thanks for being vigilant!

This is fixed in 097, I gave them east_european accent in EDU. Have you rebuild your voices? I though it would work anyway in 096 with prepacked archives

Nemesis2345's Avatar Semisalis

im using the beta 0.9.7 , but i dont think i rebuilt anything ,i just copy-pasted and overwrited the data folder. However, other units that didnt have voices are fixed for me , i only noticed these guys so far , strange huh

I see, and I assume you have used the latest EDU JoC shared? Everything talks on my end, so that's strange indeed.

I guess that unit must be blasphemous and should be shot/forlorn hope'd on sight

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast