Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: JLMP's fixes & stuff

kostic's Avatar Domesticus

Default Re: [Steam and Disc] Piano begone and more music (no piano,epic,vocals) | selection voices fix (WIP) | QoLs (black skies fix, GRASSY Plain, WASD camera controls)

Thank you for your work on sounds ! It's really a big plus for the player !

Icon4 Re: [Steam and Disc] Piano begone and more music (no piano,epic,vocals) | selection voices fix (WIP) | QoLs (black skies fix, GRASSY Plain, WASD camera controls)

The problem with providing your .idx and .dat files is that your mod only works with your (English?) Version.

My French version means that several factions are left speechless at all !

Lifthrasir's Avatar "Capre" Dunkerquois
    Patrician took an arrow to the knee

Blog Entries

Default Re: [Steam and Disc] Piano begone and more music (no piano,epic,vocals) | selection voices fix (WIP) | QoLs (black skies fix, GRASSY Plain, WASD camera controls)

The .idx and .dat are only for the Steam version of the game. If you have a disk version, just remove them and let the game regenerate them. That should do the trick
    Under the patronage of Flinn, proud patron of Jadli, from the Heresy Vault of the Imperial House of Hader

Did it work all right for you @kostic?

As a sidenote, I wondered for a moment why it wouldn't work on all localizations. I mean surely they have to use the same file structure right? But I assume it's because of events.idx and events.dat, which must store more specific information on the sounds files, so that's why music works and localized voices don't.

My current tests show that several factions have lost their voices in battle. So my French version (with disc) does not seem compatible with your patch.
    I deleted all the .idx and .dat sound files so that my game would recreate them, but then I still notice missing voices in battle for the Russian factions (some factions have voices, but not Russia or Kievan_rus).

I haven't had time to test any faction yet.

I think I know why

If you deleted ALL .idx and .dat files then removing "Voice.idx" and "Voice.dat" is the problem. By doing so you got rid of vanilla SSHIP additions

To restore, just readd original files back (the voices you created when rebuilding french soundfix)

To make my mod compatible with your version, you only need to rebuild Events.dat and Events.idx

Music.idx, Music.dat, SFX.idx and SFX.dat won't rebuild fully on any version (and there is no need to), because I didn't include loose .mp3 files

PS. I fixed another country, Byzantium
    Last edited by Just let me post; June 02, 2020 at 02:01 PM. Reason: edit

Announcement, in case I forget

I'm gonna update my music minimod one more time (it will be save compatible anyway) because I'm gonna add three more music types.

My reasoning:
    In vanilla SSHIP (and in my mod so far) there are only 4 music_types:

• music_type northern_european
    • factions denmark scotland france hre england norway jerusalem

• music_type eastern_european
    • factions cumans poland russia hungary lithuania kievan_rus serbia georgia

• music_type southern_european
    • factions venice sicily portugal byzantium spain aragon pisa papal_states slave

• music_type middle_eastern
    • factions abbasid egypt turks moors zengid rum mongols

You can see some problems, as a few distant and different countries are listening to the same jam. These 3 new music_types new will help remedy this:

• oriental_orthodox for byzantium and georgia
    • slavic_orthodox for russia, kievan_rus and serbia
    • pagan_guys for cumans and lithuania

It won't change UI or anything else nor affect saves, just music.

Lifthrasir's Avatar "Capre" Dunkerquois
    Patrician took an arrow to the knee

Blog Entries

Just a detail about the thread title, I think that what we hear in the original music is not a piano but rather a harpsichord
    Anyway, keep the good job up
    Under the patronage of Flinn, proud patron of Jadli, from the Heresy Vault of the Imperial House of Hader

I had to check what harpsichord is The very earliest mentions are from 15th century. Huh.

I'm not an expert but still, some music I disabled had "piano" in their names, and it sounds like piano, therefore it's gone.

Btw, I wanted to share yet another adjustments I'm making:

- I changed Georgia's accent to east_european. It's much closer than mediterranean plus it prevents georgian princesses from exclaiming they are "jewels of Mediterranean".

- I changed Cumans' accent to mongolian. And I fixed mongolian accent, now it's a mix of mongolian and arabic, instead of just another full arabic. Previously Cumans used east_european accent but their agents praised Allah and Sultan. They still do that but less and in mongolian accent.

And I swapped two loading screens in place, so the first one you see when starting the game is much more immersive.
    Download available soon

@kostic
    A a sideproduct of me working on new music_types I discovered that my advice above won't work with your version. I found an easy solution though (basically unpack .dat .idx and delete them) I will post it with new update
    Last edited by Just let me post; June 03, 2020 at 12:52 PM. Reason: typo

Default Re: More music and audio variety ++ selection voices fix (WIP) ++ QoLs (black skies fix, GRASSY Plain, WASD camera controls)

Updated.

New music regions, better accents, better battles, better everything!

And it works with french disc version

Nemesis2345's Avatar Semisalis

Default Re: More music and audio variety ++ selection voices fix (WIP) ++ QoLs (black skies fix, GRASSY Plain, WASD camera controls)

the music download link doesnt seem to work

Quote Originally Posted by Nemesis2345 View Post
    the music download link doesnt seem to work
    Weird, I just downloaded it no problem

Sorry, did you use "Free Download" button? There are no queues or anything

The download works for me. The zip file is downloaded at 1mb /s.
    For a version other than English, I think that I should not replace the .idx and .dat by yours, but that I delete some so that my game recreates them from the new data.
    If I want to change the missing voices at the same time, what are the .idx and .dat that I have to delete?

My instruction covers it, at the end you delete those idx and dat files (all of them), you just need them briefly to unpack .mp3 files from them, so your game can regen properly.

This download includes everything, missing voices included

Idk what happened , but it works fine now

Hmm , unfortunately it doesnt work for me. I tried copy-pasting then running , doesnt work.

I tried copy-pasting then deleting all the .idx and .dat files , the game loads for a second then ctds. It DOES regenerate the files , however, the regenrated files not only they do not change any music , but my ambient sounds dissaper ( click sound and city ambient sound are gone).
    I tried your method for other language games (even though mine is english disk version) just for the sake of it , doesnt work.
    Idk ....

Hmm, lets try to solve it:

Your 1st method: Did you put downloaded data folder right into SS6.3 folder? It should work. Maybe run Cleaner.bat, it will delete map.rwms just to be extra sure

2nd method: yeah it won't work that way

3rd method: it should work just like 1st anyway

Do you have any leads in system.log.txt? It shouldn't.

Hmmm apparently a song for main menu and 1 song for campaign map works , still , most music i hear is still the default SSHIP one. Strange. I have nothing in system log....i have no idea.

Then it works!

80% of the music is still SSHIP's, I just added more and tweaked everything so it would be more fitting

For example on campaign map, factions have ~60-80 tracks and 8 of them are new for each one

I didn't want to change SSHIP's feel completely, but those 20% of new music still make a difference.

Plus there a lots of fixes, they won't be very noticeble, and that's why they work
    Last edited by Just let me post; June 05, 2020 at 12:23 PM.

Gigantus's Avatar I am not special - I am a limited edition.
    Patrician took an arrow to the knee spy of the council

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by kostic View Post
    The problem with providing your .idx and .dat files is that your mod only works with your (English?) Version.

My French version means that several factions are left speechless at all !
    Non english versions will require a custom descr_sounds_accents files were 'mute' factions are allocated to valid accents. For that then to work you will require to delete the events.dat and idx files so that the game can generate new ones.

It's one of the reasons why I recommended in another thread to provide zero byte files for the idx\dat files instead of generated files. At least for the event files, the others (music, voice) may be difficult to implement that way if the sound files are not unpacked within the mod.

@just let me post
    May I also recommend to have a look into my installer guide on how to use M2TW's registry entry to automatically (and correctly) install mod files?
    Last edited by Gigantus; June 05, 2020 at 12:29 PM.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast