Thread: Nanyue Amored Habelds???

Default Nanyue Amored Habelds???

I have a question about Jiaozhou clan, they have Amored Swordman but why they don't have Amored Habelds? It makes the game a little bit unbalanced.

Seether's Avatar RoTK Workhorse

Default Re: Nanyue Amored Habelds???

Nanyue not having armored halberd makes the entire game unbalanced? Multiple armored units is limited to the Han factions. Both the Nanman and Nanyue are limited to a single armored infantry unit. The Shanyue have no armored units and neither does Goguryeo.
    Member of the Imperial House of Hader - Under the Benevolent Patronage of y2day
    A Wolf Among Sheep: A Rise of Three Kingdoms AAR

I mean it make the game when playing as Jiaozhou is unbalanced in battle. If they can make Amored Sword why they cannot do the same with less complicated weapon? As i know they have a culture for 4000 years until now.

Seether's Avatar RoTK Workhorse

The unit limitations I mentioned above are more so meant to (partially) show the technological and military superiority of the Han Chinese at this period of time. Nanyue had been ravaged and conquered by the Han 300 years earlier, which set the entire region back significantly. By 200 CE they had recovered greatly, but were not on par with the Central Plains or Yellow River basin of China. I’d also argue that a halberd is a much more complicated weapon to construct than a sword; watch “Forged in Fire” to see the differences in the technologies in constructing both types of weapons.
    Member of the Imperial House of Hader - Under the Benevolent Patronage of y2day
    A Wolf Among Sheep: A Rise of Three Kingdoms AAR