Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: [Decision] Troy Badges Competition

Akar's Avatar I am not a clever man
    Patrician Citizen

a 7/11 parking lot with Patron and LaCroix
    Blog Entries

Default [Decision] Troy Badges Competition

I propose that we hold a competition like in the days of yore and select new badges to celebrate the release of Troy. This would require a lot of effort from Content Staff so I'm willing to put my money where my mouth is and do all the work if necessary. I've already done a preview of an initial set of badges to give everyone an idea of what we could have. The community will vote on the badges and select which set they prefer.

Here is an example (Courtesy of Flinn) of how a possible competition could be set up.

I'd say that 1 month for the 1st submission is due, since it will give people time to notice the competition and possibly do minor modifications based on incoming suggestions, then we can have 2 weeks for the first round of vote, then 2 weeks more for the second submission (everything is already decided) and 2 weeks more for the final vote. Consider another 2 weeks of possible delays, things coming in weekend, etc. If we want to do the things properly, it will need 3 months.. going with one single turn will probably reduce the total time to 2 months.
    Below you can see an example of the set I created.

Artifex (Homer) -

Citizen (Achilles) -

Civitate (Menelaus) -

Content Artist (Artemis) -

Content Director (Helen of Troy) -

Content Staff (Paris) -

Hexagon Council Administrator (Apollo) -

And finally, here is what one of them would look like in action,

Last edited by Akar; May 28, 2020 at 09:03 AM. Reason: Updated

Check out the TWC D&D game!
    Message me on Discord (.akar.) for an invite to the Thema Devia Discord
    Son, Heir, and Wartime Consigliere of King Athelstan

Default Re: [Decision] Troy Badges

I love these. Easy support from me.

Easy to support as a spectator. Thank you for your efforts Akar. It’s nice to see a proof to the concept.
    Of these facts there cannot be any shadow of doubt: for instance, that civil society was renovated in every part by Christian institutions; that in the strength of that renewal the human race was lifted up to better things-nay, that it was brought back from death to life, and to so excellent a life that nothing more perfect had been known before, or will come to be known in the ages that have yet to be. - Pope Leo XIII

Hitai de Bodemloze's Avatar 避世絕俗
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries

Ah, that time again already? Feels like just yesterday that we got our Three Kingdoms ones. Well, if the artsy folks here don't mind knocking up a new set of badges every year, I'm down for a change, keeps things fresh. Plus, as gorgeous as our current ones are, they don't really go with the theme I use here And, you know, that's important to me for whatever reason.

Iskar's Avatar Insanity with Dignity
    Moderator Emeritus

Frankfurt, München, somtimes my beloved Rhineland

I do like my funny chinese Tribune hat, but I'll certainly enjoy being a greek statue as well. Go for it. Also, nice "proof of concept" that already did the whole work, Akar.

EDIT: Given that Paris makes the fatal judgement, he should probably be used for Tribunes, but, God, I hate Paris, so please don't. Maybe Odysseus/Ulisses instead?
    Spoiler for Image
    Last edited by Iskar; May 24, 2020 at 08:21 AM.
    "Non i titoli illustrano gli uomini, ma gli uomini i titoli." - Niccolo Machiavelli, Discorsi
    "Du musst die Sterne und den Mond enthaupten, und am besten auch den Zar. Die Gestirne werden sich behaupten, aber wahrscheinlich nicht der Zar." - Einstürzende Neubauten, Weil, Weil, Weil

On an eternal crusade for reason, logics, catholicism and chocolate. Mostly chocolate, though.

I can heartily recommend the Italian Wars mod by Aneirin.
    In exile, but still under the patronage of the impeccable Aikanár, alongside Aneirin. Humble patron of Cyclops, Frunk and Abdülmecid I.

Frunk's Avatar Form Follows Function
    Moderator Emeritus

Yeah damn I only just got back for the 3K ones. But these look great, so support from me.

I think the content staff badge is Paris.

Moderator Emeritus

I know, my post lacked an "actually" or "instead". You could still use other personnages for Content, maybe Phidias? (though he's not from the Ilias)

Still, as I said, I detest the Paris character, so please don't use him for Tribunes.
    "Non i titoli illustrano gli uomini, ma gli uomini i titoli." - Niccolo Machiavelli, Discorsi
    "Du musst die Sterne und den Mond enthaupten, und am besten auch den Zar. Die Gestirne werden sich behaupten, aber wahrscheinlich nicht der Zar." - Einstürzende Neubauten, Weil, Weil, Weil

On an eternal crusade for reason, logics, catholicism and chocolate. Mostly chocolate, though.

In exile, but still under the patronage of the impeccable Aikanár, alongside Aneirin. Humble patron of Cyclops, Frunk and Abdülmecid I.

z3n's Avatar State of Mind
    Moderator Emeritus

Strongly support.
    The AI Workshop Creator
    Europa Barbaroum II AI/Game Mechanics Developer
    The Northern Crusades Lead Developer
    Classical Age Total War Retired Lead Developer
    Rome: Total Realism Animation Developer
    RTW Workshop Assistance MTW2 AI Tutorial & Assistance
    Broken Crescent Submod (M2TW)/IB VGR Submod (BI)/Animation (RTW/BI/ALX)/TATW PCP Submod (M2TW)/TATW DaC Submod (M2TW)/DeI Submod (TWR2)/SS6.4 Northern European UI Mod (M2TW)

I've just seen that Akar listed Helen as Helen of Troy. This is an outrage. There must be war!

Moderator Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by Cope View Post
    I've just seen that Akar listed Helen as Helen of Troy. This is an outrage. There must be war!
    Gather the ships! Ilion must burn!

On another note, Kalchas, the seer, or Nestor, the oldest of the Achaean generals, may be viable choices for Tribunes/Magistrates.

Agamemnon or Priam? I know Akar was looking for good statues of either to use. Nestor might also be a good choice. For the praefecti, only Hector will do.

Moderator Emeritus

Why? Will their lifeless bodies be dragged around the walls of the Curia behind a chariot?

Leonardo's Avatar Reborn Old Timer

Until I saw the images for a new set of badges today, I really liked the R2TW themed badges.

I couldn't help, but noticed that Akar forgot to add a moderator's badge to the OP.

Support.
    Under patronage of General Brewster of the Imperial House of Hader.

How to make Morrowind less buggy for new players - Of course every player may find it useful.

Akar's Avatar I am not a clever man
    Patrician Citizen

a 7/11 parking lot with Patron and LaCroix
    Blog Entries

The hard part is to find a high quality picture of a decent quality marble statue or bust of the person. I wanted to use those but I couldn't find any marble busts of Priam or Agememnon. Any suggestions you guys have for other characters to use are welcome though, especially if you can throw in a nice picture with it like Iskar did above. I've got to make one for each of the ones on this page (except the modding staff).

Check out the TWC D&D game!
    Message me on Discord (.akar.) for an invite to the Thema Devia Discord
    Son, Heir, and Wartime Consigliere of King Athelstan

Quote Originally Posted by Iskar View Post
    Why? Will their lifeless bodies be dragged around the walls of the Curia behind a chariot?
    With any luck!

Leonardo's Avatar Reborn Old Timer

Quote Originally Posted by Akar View Post
    The hard part is to find a high quality picture of a decent quality marble statue or bust of the person. I wanted to use those but I couldn't find any marble busts of Priam or Agememnon. Any suggestions you guys have for other characters to use are welcome though, especially if you can throw in a nice picture with it like Iskar did above. I've got to make one for each of the ones on this page (except the modding staff).
    Either the Citizen or the Civitate badge has the image that the Moderator's badge could (should IMO) have as both are similiar to a soldier and having a soldier as an image for the moderator's badge is fitting.

In case you didn't know, but the image for the hex badge are pretty much the same as the Modding Staff Director badge had in the R2TW themed badges.

EDIT: How about having an image for Cicero for either the Citizen or the Civitate badge?
    Last edited by Leonardo; May 24, 2020 at 10:11 AM.
    Under patronage of General Brewster of the Imperial House of Hader.

How to make Morrowind less buggy for new players - Of course every player may find it useful.

Morticia Iunia Bruti's Avatar Praeses

Should Homer not be the patron for civitate (as man of many words) instead of artifex?

For Artifex Odysseus is more fitting, as he had the idea for the creation of the horse.
    Last edited by Morticia Iunia Bruti; May 24, 2020 at 10:23 AM.
    Cause tomorrow is a brand-new day
    And tomorrow you'll be on your way
    Don't give a damn about what other people say
    Because tomorrow is a brand-new day

Gaius Baltar's Avatar Old gods die hard
    Blog Entries

Support, would expect a graphics contest to choose the new style.

​​
    Pillaging and Plundering since 2006

The House of Baltar

Neither is this the dawn from the east, nor is a dragon flying above, nor are the gables of this hall aflame. Nay, mortal enemies approach in ready armour. Ravens are calling, wolves are howling, spear clashes and shield answers

z3n's Avatar State of Mind
    Moderator Emeritus

Here's a nice stern looking statue of Ajax the Great for moderation.

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

The AI Workshop Creator
    Europa Barbaroum II AI/Game Mechanics Developer
    The Northern Crusades Lead Developer
    Classical Age Total War Retired Lead Developer
    Rome: Total Realism Animation Developer
    RTW Workshop Assistance MTW2 AI Tutorial & Assistance
    Broken Crescent Submod (M2TW)/IB VGR Submod (BI)/Animation (RTW/BI/ALX)/TATW PCP Submod (M2TW)/TATW DaC Submod (M2TW)/DeI Submod (TWR2)/SS6.4 Northern European UI Mod (M2TW)

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast