Thread: Tutorial needed for starting political parties and maps.

Default Tutorial needed for starting political parties and maps.

Hello, I am working on a mod that adds the Thraike faction into the Wrath of Sparta campaign and I've run into snags that I can't seem to find a tutorial or explanation for and would like some help from more experienced modders. (Hopefully this thread can turn into a toutorial)

I have two snags:

the first one is when I set up the ruling political party, the "faction leader's" starting army disappears off the campaign map and the Family tree has a completely different character set as faction leader, one that I did not pick. When I revert these changes back to their original values everything works as intended, except the ruling political party has no family tree and the "faction leader" is slotted into the "other nobles" faction but is also considered to be in the ruling faction, it's very strange. I would like to have a functioning family tree and the proper starting army that I set up.

This faction leader is NOT a character I set up.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20200523183015_1.jpg 
Views:	5 
Size:	310.6 KB 
ID:	361758

The second one is that I would like to have a faction campaign map (when you see the faction's starting regions on the map before you select the faction) I'm not sure what I need to edit to make this work.

(How to apply this map for main menu factions)

If anyone can let me know where to find a tutorial to solve these issues or can write me a tutorial for how to solve my problems I would really appreciate that. If this is not the place for me to get help with these problem, I apologize, and would like to know where I can post tutorial requests like this.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails main_greek_map_minimap.png  

Frunk's Avatar Form Follows Function
    took an arrow to the knee

Default Re: Tutorial needed for starting political parties and maps.

Thread moved from Tools, Tutorials & Resources.

That section is not for requests for tutorials, but for completed ones, in order to keep it tidy and navigable.

Default Re: Tutorial needed for starting political parties and maps.

Quote Originally Posted by Frunk View Post
    Thread moved from Tools, Tutorials & Resources.

That section is not for requests for tutorials, but for completed ones, in order to keep it tidy and navigable.

I apologize, I'm new to the forums. Thank you for putting this thread in the correct place. Hopefully someone can help, I've been looking for a tutorial for a few days.