Thread: New version ?

Default New version ?

BC is over or new version coming like 3.0 ?

Morrowgan's Avatar Centenarius

Default Re: New version ?

Development of BC has ceased.
    Member of the Beyond Skyrim Project

Jurand of Cracow's Avatar History and gameplay!

Buff and Shine is the 3.0 in my eyes. it should be name as such. I hope WE will finish it.
    Mod leader of the SSHIP: traits, ancillaries, scripts, buildings, geography, economy.
    ..............................................................................................................................................................................
    If you want to play a historical mod in the medieval setting the best are:
    Stainless Steel Historical Improvement Project and Broken Crescent.
    Recently, Tsardoms and TGC look also very good. Read my opinions on the other mods here.
    ..............................................................................................................................................................................
    Reviews of the mods (all made in 2018): SSHIP, Wrath of the Norsemen, Broken Crescent.
    Follow home rules for playing a game without exploiting the M2TW engine deficiencies.
    Hints for Medieval 2 moders: forts, merchants, AT-NGB bug, trade fleets.
    Thrones of Britannia: review, opinion on the battles, ideas for modding. Shieldwall is promising!
    Dominant strategy in Rome2, Attila, ToB and Troy: “Sniping groups of armies”. Still there, alas!

1- more than 32 factions impossible ?
    2- rebellion settlements start as a new faction impossible (like rome 2/ attila tw) ?

Maybe game and mod can be forward with these innovations

Quote Originally Posted by Jurand of Cracow View Post
    Buff and Shine is the 3.0 in my eyes. it should be name as such. I hope WE will finish it.
    This. BC 2.4.2 is unplayable late campaign because the Mongols are broken (they spawn endless armies and conquer everything. The only way to win is to ally with them, keep perfect relations if possible, race to conquer territories they need to win, and conquer everything you need as well.)

Buff and Shine basically resolves that issue. The submod itself needs to be buffed and shined (sorry, I couldn't resist), but it's the best way to play the latest version of Broken Crescent if you don't want the unending Mongol Horde of Doom.

I'm glad to see enthusiasm for finishing Medieval II mods. It's still more or less the best Total War to mod, imo.
    Omne Solum Forti Patria (O'Siadhail family motto)

Translation: Every land is a native land to a brave man.

I have limited experience in unit and campaign scripting.

buff and shine tested but there are a problem
    Anatolian Seljuks are more powerful than Kingdom Jeruselam and Roman Empire
    but there are a mistake. those are weakness
    Ayyubids better than Anatolian Seljuks. so Seljuks saved their power like 150 years against Ayyubid threats. they didnt fight with christian factions only Miryakefalon war with Roman Empire (big wars like Manzikert). whenever i play with Seljuks; Ayyubid war front far away from my military action area. that must fix. Ayyubids, Zengids and Seljuks must fight for Edessa, Malatya, Antioch and war reason of AHLAT !
    Last edited by Segrek; November 06, 2020 at 04:30 AM.

Antiokhos Euergetes's Avatar Protector Domesticus

The Mongol armies did sack and conquerd everything pretty much apart from Fatamids, Hungary and Poland and few others lucky enough to be far away or vassals.

Admittedly by Timur they were mostly Turkic rather than pure Mongol armies but not too many people got away with it. If you're lucky like Baghdad you get sacked repeatedly.
    Last edited by Antiokhos Euergetes; January 10, 2021 at 03:01 AM.

That doesn't make for fun gameplay. And they were not invincible.

They. The Mongol armies were not invincible no, but seemed it to many who tried. Including Turks who had beaten most armies themselves till now.
    Game feels tired after recent releases of TGC and Tsardoms although not complete they have given a breath of fresh air to kingdoms... Scripts, buildings, units etc amazing. I hope Bc torch is picked up again soon

Broken Crescent is what got me into MTW2 and it is the reason I still have MTW2 installed. I am hoping for a revival of the mod.

Quote Originally Posted by KingTutEgy View Post
    Broken Crescent is what got me into MTW2 and it is the reason I still have MTW2 installed. I am hoping for a revival of the mod.
    Absolutely would love to see a BC revamp

Foederatus

it's sad every time the mod creators don't at least make an official statement in a pinned thread about the discontinuation of a project

Jurand of Cracow's Avatar History and gameplay!

Quote Originally Posted by Neutro View Post
    it's sad every time the mod creators don't at least make an official statement in a pinned thread about the discontinuation of a project
    Discontinuation is not a planned process, it's just an accident of people losing the joy of modding. I think it happens very rarely that one moder is able to hand over the button to another one. This requires a very self-aware moder either to cater for a successor, or just a moder modest enough to allow somebody to take over. Very difficult given the oversized ego of the moders (as Gigantus once described in an interview).
    We are really lucky that the EBII project hasn't floundered despite the disappearance of Foot years ago. Even with the vast community the project stalled at that time, if I'm not mistaken.
    I think the SSHIP stands out in this respect - Fair Prince handed over the lead to Lifthrasir, and last year Lifth handed it to me. I'd like to do the same in the future, once I'd run out of energy to do something with the mod.
    JoC
    Last edited by Jurand of Cracow; May 10, 2021 at 04:00 AM.
    Mod leader of the SSHIP: traits, ancillaries, scripts, buildings, geography, economy.
    If you want to play a historical mod in the medieval setting the best are:
    Stainless Steel Historical Improvement Project and Broken Crescent.
    Recently, Tsardoms and TGC look also very good. Read my opinions on the other mods here.
    Reviews of the mods (all made in 2018): SSHIP, Wrath of the Norsemen, Broken Crescent.
    Follow home rules for playing a game without exploiting the M2TW engine deficiencies.
    Hints for Medieval 2 moders: forts, merchants, AT-NGB bug, trade fleets.
    Thrones of Britannia: review, opinion on the battles, ideas for modding. Shieldwall is promising!
    Dominant strategy in Rome2, Attila, ToB and Troy: “Sniping groups of armies”. Still there, alas!