Hello beautiful people,

I recently got back into playing Shogun II and have been having a blast with the expanded Japan mod alongside Darthmod for the normal campaign. I was wary of how all the extra provinces would affect Realm Divide and grew increasingly wary as the events popped up for the fame levels, but I had seen comments saying that it is a visual bug and that the expanded Japan mod accomodates for this and even though the bar may fill very quickly, RD won't trigger. Upon capturing just my 13th province, it triggers.

I've spent the past 2 hours or so downloading the pack manager, editsf and saveparser and trying to find a way to edit the campaign_variables file that sets the prestige levels to be low enough that they are passed after capturing only a dozen provinces - I would want to see the limit double, triple that which it is. However, modding Shogun 2 is not something I've done before. I have experience with modding in general so I'm not completely inept, but a lot of what these tools are showing me is beyond me - lots of just strings of values that have no obvious link to what they effect in game.

I downloaded the expanded diplomacy mod and that had no impact on my save game. I edited the variables there and that had no effect either. It's possible that simply downloading a mod that adjusts RD is not going to work due to not being save compatible.

Therefore, is there any way for me to make these adjustments myself for my game as it is now, so that I can keep playing without just dooming myself to an endless war with no hope of peace, or am I already doomed and my only option is to start again? And if so, will boosting the campaign_variables from expanded_diplomacy.pack be enough to have the effect I desire (I can also reduce the fame gained by doing various things) I desire, or do I have to do anything else?

Any and all help would be greatly appreciated - even if it's just to help me understand how to read the information shown to me on things like EditSF so I know what I'm potentially going to alter rather than just going in blind and seeing what happens.

tl;dr - want to postpone Realm Divide via save edit/downloading mod without starting new campaign, pls help