Page 1 of 16 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: [Dagor Silmarillion - Third Age] Warden of the West - FFA-Potatoto Wins!!

themzr's Avatar Primicerius
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Default [Dagor Silmarillion - Third Age] Warden of the West - FFA-Potatoto Wins!!

The Warden of the West
    (A Tapestry woven by the 4 peoples of Middle Earth)

Admin: themzr

Co-Admin:

Hotseat Description
    This hotseat will be a free for all (FFA). It is clear that in such uncertain times traditional friendships and loyalties may be already fraying. Unraveling alliances, much like the threads of time, allow the peoples of Middle Earth to forge their own destiny. At the feet of each ruler stands eternal glory and power, and yet also lies a pit of eternal darkness and doom should the path they take be unsound.
    Unlike the traditional TATW format this is not Good vs Evil and all players will be able to seek their own diplomacy regardless of lore. However, as admin I will send each player a set of quests that upon completion will induce some reward to their faction. In general these quests will be focused towards improving your own faction and should still give players the utmost flexibility in making their choices. Also the current rules and the set up are work in progress so there will be some changes when this hotseat starts also, if you wish to change any of it or would you like to suggest something to add feel free to post. Some of the most important ones that aren't set in stones yet is forts should be allowed to be built on the map as normally you can't in Third Age or how much freedom spies and assassins can get.

This hotseat will be played using the Dagor Silmarillion hotseat mod

Faction List

High Elves: Tulkasthevaliant

Dwarves of Ered Luin: OPEN FACTION (HouseStarkFTW Gone)
    Orcs of Gundaded: Aexodus
    Orcs of the Misty Mountain: RustyLoon Marko
    Men of the West: Chieftain Khuzaymah
    Isengard: Potatoto
    Rohan: The Senate

Map Preview:

The Rules
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    - Time to play your turn is 24h. The Admin may grant a 24h extension if you ask for it.

- No exploits/bugs allowed.Posting defeats, making walls of units on map to disallow enemy agents to move and stomping/killing agents with units, surrounding armies/navies to deny retreat, intentionally spreading a plague with agents/units, stepping on a merchant to remove him from a trade resource, exploiting AI factions ( for example demanding/accepting money or settlements from AI factions), and more.
    - Suiciding your faction is not allowed, and may result into your removal from the HS.
    - List of known bugs:
    1) The naval fort bug: No using ships to bypass a fort's or a settlement's Zone of Control.

2) Ambush fort bug: No luring men in ambush position into ZoC of forts\settlement's as such robbing them of their movement points.

3) Siege reinforcement bug: when the army is adjacent to a fort or a settlements that has been put under siege it cannot reinforce armies adjacent to him which he should have been able to reinforce on normal occasions. Attacking an army which the siege reinforcements bug applies to is not allowed
    Navy inside ports attacked bug: no using this bug to attack ships which are inside ports.

4) Yoyo armies\forts bug: no attacking an army which the bug has been used on multiple times. You can see when this bug occurs, as the enemy army enters the fort and then leaves it.

5) Attacking ships inside the port - Attacking ships that are inside ports is not allowed.

6) Recruitment pool fill up - Quing up units in the recruitment sloots to increase artifically units/agents maximum number you can recruit in one settlement.

7) Recruting mercenaries in forts with depleted movement points - Using forts to get illegal maximum movement points to mercenaries in a depleted army.

8) Using ships to get more movement range - Using ships to give more movement range to armies on seas.

Military rules

- No one turn peace ( although you cannot attack other factions, if they hasnt played their first turn yet. You can cross lands of a faction that hasnt played its 1st turn yet, if your army doesnt stand in enemy territory after its movement).
    - Battles can be auto-resolved or manually played againts AI/Rebels, but againts player you can only use Auto-resolve. Screenshots must be posted with: odds and result screens, mouse over the odds bar to show the ratio, the armies involved with their banners visible on the campaign map, unit card of siege unit must be visible if used to directly assault settlement.
    - Armies that are defeated in battle by a player that comes after them in the turn list may not move the following turn. This is to make it fair for people who are defeated by players that come before them in the turn list. Armies standing in a settlement when defeated are excluded from this rule.
    -Heroic victories against players are not be allowed.
    - You are not allowed to post a defeat
    - Ships cannot leave blockaded ports. No attacking ships in ports using a game bug. It's not allowed to keep units protected by placing them in ships docked in a port.
    -Not allowed to besiege a settlement to deny its garrison participation in battle.
    - You are not allowed to besiege a settlement to deny enemy retreat into it.
    - Not allowed to build watchtowers.
    - You are not allowed to lure an ambushing army a tile closer to bring it in range of more of your forces.
    - Huge stone walls, citadels and lore capitals cannot be assaulted by any unit of siege equipment, only a siege.

Agent rules

- Spies are not allowed to open Gates on players, unless there is at least 40% (for lore capitals, huge stone walls, citadels its 60%) chance of entering into the settlement/fort. If a spy was has been in settlement/fort for several turns, you will have to leave the settlement/fort and enter it again. If a settlement/fort is defended by +400 drakes, 720+ elves, 900+ men and dwarves, or 1500+ orcs (260 for drakes, 460 for elves, 620 for men and dwarves, 1000 for orcs lore capitals, citadels, huge stone walls ), than a spy may not open the gates anyway. Screenshots must be provided
    - Assassins cannot sabotage and are not allowed to kill family members or generals. Assassins need at least 40% chance to kill other agents, for enemy assassins/spies just 30% is required. Screenshots must be provided
    - Merchants need 40% to acquire other merchant's assets. Only allowed in your own regions, Rebel Controlled Regions, or regions you have aquired Trade rights to. Screenshots required
    - Bribed units/agents cant move for one turn. You can bribe only settlements/forts that your armies can directly march into.

Settlement rules

- Destruction of buildings is not allowed. Only exceptions are churches of foreign religions. They can be destroyed immediately after taking a settlement
    - Not allowed to exterminate settlements.
    You can trade maximally one settlement per turn. Such settlements mustn't be in war zone and you must disband all units you receive except one.

Rules may be changed before the start of the hotseat pending a majority vote of all the players. Upon starting the hotseat a unanimous decision is needed to alter a rule, upon which the new rule will be made into effect the following turn.

Miscellaneous notes
    Forts are build-able by default, however in this hotseat you can't build forts. There are many pre-placed forts/settlements/ruins that works as forts in the map. They are all garrisoned at the start, so you need to take them if you want to control certain paths between settlements. These forts don't have rule about how many units needed to be garrisoned, however if you leave one them empty it will disappear in the next turn. This makes these fortifications even more valuable and can show signs of struggle between factions if they disappear from a region.
    As a final note these factions are not set in stone and we can have a discussion if players want to see an alternate scenario or different factions used.
    Last edited by themzr; December 13, 2020 at 10:21 AM. Reason: players updated
    "I am not afraid of an army of lions led by a sheep; I am afraid of an army of sheep led by a lion."

----- Alexander The Great

Default Re: [Dagor Silmarillion - Third Age] Warden of the West - FFA

I can take Isengard.

HouseStarkFTW's Avatar Ducenarius

I'll take Dwarves of Ered Luin

Arrow2daknee's Avatar Vicarius

I can co-admin.

High Elves for Tulky

Jadli's Avatar The Fallen God
    Gaming Emeritus

If there will be a spot left, Ill join as well

Chieftain Khuzaymah's Avatar Domesticus

"There are older and fouler commanders than The Dark Lord in the long history of the World", a Chieftain from the South, long has this man been lost after years of fearless rule. As it looks now, this man has resurfaced somewhere in Eriador. He looks much older than before and many might not even recognize him, but there are those who do. The Chieftain is not used to commanding armies and managing empires anymore, but he has not lost his wit...

The Chieftain senses tensions are rising, however the Free Peoples of Eriador prefer to look the other way. Let's drink a pint, roast a swine, sing a few songs, dance all night long and sleep until the sunrise of the next morning. It is for that reason, the Chieftain didn't really blend in with the people, for he suspected times were changing. These lands could be swarmed with enemies sooner than anyone here would like to think, and the Free Peoples were.... well, too free. There was no leader, there were no guards, no spies, no protection to the cities and thus their freedom whatsoever...

Will the Chieftain be able to bring these Free Peoples together? Alert them to the dangers of this world and unite them in their fight for Freedom... ?

(If that wasn't clear enough, Free Peoples for me pls!)
    Most Promising Youngblood TATW: Chieftain Khuzaymah

Xiatma's Avatar Laetus

I will take Orcs of the Misty Mountain!

What that rule exactly mean:
    "6) Recruitment pool fill up - Quing up units in the recruitment sloots to increase artifically units/agents maximum number you can recruit in one settlement." ?

Is it not allowed to put in que more unites than you can recruite in one turn?

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Quote Originally Posted by Potatoto View Post
    What that rule exactly mean:
    "6) Recruitment pool fill up - Quing up units in the recruitment sloots to increase artifically units/agents maximum number you can recruit in one settlement." ?

Is it not allowed to put in que more unites than you can recruite in one turn?
    Good question! Not exactly, basically there is a certain exploit by which you can artificially increase your pool for a unit by selecting and then un-selecting them during recruitment
    "I am not afraid of an army of lions led by a sheep; I am afraid of an army of sheep led by a lion."

Gaming Emeritus

When you fill up all recruitment slots, it starts the replenisment of those units polls already. So you can for example get availible more elite units this way, when you are supposed to have just one availible at one time. And you can exploit it to pretty high numbers theoretically the base max amount of the pool plus the queued recruitment slots.

I suppose it doesnt matter for normal units, but for elite units it could be a huge advantage. Here it might not be a problem anyway, as its TATW, so you dont have many units availible. But if someone was discovered doing that, whoops...

Anyway, for something else. Would it be perhaps reasonable to forbid any faction from hiring ships? It seems High Elves would become OP with the ability...

Quote Originally Posted by Jadli View Post
    Anyway, for something else. Would it be perhaps reasonable to forbid any faction from hiring ships? It seems High Elves would become OP with the ability...
    Agree, it should be forbiden.

Would I be okay to take the orcs of gundaband?

I can take Rohan!

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Looks like we are waiting for one more player and then we can start! Just as a note we will be using the Third Age scenario for this mod.
    Edit: I'm blind. I'll add you now JubliantPottery and then once I edit the desc strat we can get started!
    Last edited by themzr; May 30, 2020 at 07:47 AM.

Chieftain Khuzaymah's Avatar Domesticus

Great! Looking forward to it.

I have 2 more questions about the rules though:

3) Siege reinforcement bug: when the army is adjacent to a fort or a settlements that has been put under siege it cannot reinforce armies adjacent to him which he should have been able to reinforce on normal occasions. Attacking an army which the siege reinforcements bug applies to is not allowed
    Navy inside ports attacked bug: no using this bug to attack ships which are inside ports.

I'm sorry, what does this rule mean exactly? I can't figure it out the situation here^^

I also see the term 'lore capital' a couple of times. What does that mean?
    Most Promising Youngblood TATW: Chieftain Khuzaymah

Gaming Emeritus

That is something you would totally notice, if it happened. Simple there are armies standing next to settlements/forts and sometimes due to it they are bugged and don participate in battles they clearly should. It is mainly a thing with hotseats where forts are enabled, when they are for example just one tile away from each other, but sometimes it can also happen with a single settlement.

Lore capital means a settlement, that is true capital of the faction, story/lore wise. I mean for Gondor it would be Minas Tirith, for Rohan Edoras and so on. Simply, its the starting capital

Looking forward to starting this with you guys!

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Ok! Here is the starting save: http://www.filedropper.com/themzrturnstart
    The first faction is the Men of the West (Chieftain)

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Attached is the map border limits for this hotseat
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 0179_LI.jpg  

Page 1 of 16 1234567891011 ... LastLast