Thread: Crusade/Jihad Mechanics

General Dragon.'s Avatar Champion of Dragons
    Citizen

Default Crusade/Jihad Mechanics

I tried to read back a little and found nothing so far to answer some of my question and the only "saving grace" on my side, that exam period keeps me very busy, so can't spend many hours just trying to read back, however this could be attributed to me having also lack of experience using the "advanced search" effectively (also me being lazy some of the time). So if there is a thread somewhere that delves into, what my questions will be about, feel free to hit me in the head.

So my questions would be about the crusade/jihad mechanics. Is there any other files that effects/have a connection to it other than the descr_campaign_db? So far I found no other source last time I tried and I am searching for this knowledge, for one of my upcoming hotseating patch project.

I found only lines about it in descr_campaign_db and usually this is all that is defined, as far as I saw:
    <required_jihad_piety int="4"/> <max_disband_progress float="20.0"/>
    <near_target_no_disband_distance float="4.0"/>
    <disband_progress_window float="3"/>
    <crusade_called_start_turn float="20"/>
    <jihad_called_start_turn float="20"/>
    <movement_points_modifier float="2.0"/>
    Now the first one is clear to me, how much piety the relevant priest need to call for one and I also get the last part, which defines how much extra movement points the jihad/crusade gives to the army that joins it. My questions would be, what the rest of the lines describe and how they effect the gameplay? Is there something else that controls the cooldown between calling crusade/jihad after crusade/jihad? And what defines how many turns you have, before your army isn't allowed to join it?
    Last question of mine would be, we get rewards after a successful crusade/jihad. Can this be changed or is it hardcoded?

"The Dragon is wise, a sage among the ignorant. He knows not all that glitters is gold."

Gigantus's Avatar I am thinking more about running away now then I did as a kid, but by the time I put my teeth in, my glasses on and find my car keys I forget why I am going.
    Moderator Emeritus Administrator Emeritus Modding Emeritus

Blog Entries

Default Re: Crusade/Jihad Mechanics

near_target_no_disband_distance - the minimum distance to the target to avoid desertion if the army doesn't get moved
    disband_progress_window - possibly (number too low for movement points) minimum distance moved per turn to avoid desertion or (more likely) number of turns not moving minimum distance before desertion starts
    crusade_called_start_turn - start turn - earliest turn to be called
    jihad_called_start_turn - start turn - earliest turn to be called

rewards: see descr_missions

Other then the regular message files I can't think of other files being involved. There are traits and faction_standing entries I believe that concern jihad\crusade actions as well but none of these have any direct influence on the mechanics of the crusade\jihad.
    Last edited by Gigantus; May 22, 2020 at 08:22 AM.

bitterhowl's Avatar Centenarius

Some interesting things about AI behavior and descr_campaign_ai_db here

http://rtw.heavengames.com/cgi-bin/f...718&st=5#post6

My sister, do you still recall
    The blue Hasan and Khalkhin-Gol?

Because AI is dumb and full of errors.

General Dragon.'s Avatar Champion of Dragons
    Citizen

Sorry for the little late reply and necroing the thread, but thank you for your answers.

"The Dragon is wise, a sage among the ignorant. He knows not all that glitters is gold."