Playing as Pontos. I noticed it appears to not be possible to build a local colony in Ephesus. At first I thought it was because it had a (medium) Polis and the manual was wrong, but it appears I can build it on any other settlement with anything smaller than a Metropolis. I have absolutely no idea what keeps me from building in Ephesus, even after consulting the files.

Code for Local (Eastern) Military Colony
Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
building colony_eastern{
religion rel_c
levels eastcol_one eastcol_two eastcol_three
{
eastcol_one requires factions { cul_1, cul_3, cul_4, f_nabatu, f_carthage, f_numidia, f_saka, f_sauromatae, } and not building_present govallied and not building_present govslave and not building_present colony_hellenistic and not building_present nomadic_enclave and not building_present_min_level hinterland_hellenistic_polis polis_three and not building_present_min_level hinterland_uniques3 threenine and building_present roads_garrison and building_present_min_level govmakedonia makedonia2 or building_present_min_level govepeiros epeiros2 or building_present_min_level govseleukid seleukid1 or building_present_min_level govptolemaioi ptolemaioi2 or building_present_min_level govbaktria baktria1 or building_present_min_level govhayasdan hay_admin or building_present_min_level govpontos pontos3 or building_present_min_level govparthia parth_pbm or building_present_min_level govgandhara gandhara_viceroyal or building_present_min_level govpergamon pergamon2 or building_present_min_level govnabatu nabatu_admin or building_present_min_level govkh kh1 or building_present_min_level govbospor bosptyra or building_present_min_level govsaka saka_autsat or building_present_min_level govsauro sauro_admin or building_present_min_level govcarthage carthage_kleruch or building_present_min_level govnumidia numidia4

Code/Proprieties of Ephesus
Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
settlement{
level large_town
region region_098
; province Ionia - city Ephesos

year_founded 0
population 3000
plan_set default_set
faction_creator f_pergamon
building
{
type hinterland_province_k province_098
}
building
{
type hinterland_uniques3 threenine
creator f_pergamon
}
building
{
type hinterland_uniques4 fourone
creator f_kh
}
building
{
type hinterland_uniques1 oneone
}
building
{
type core_building wooden_wall
}
building
{
type hinterland_hellenistic_polis polis_two
}
building
{
type govptolemaioi ptolemaioi5
}
building
{
type hinterland_farms farms_two
}
building
{
type hinterland_roads roads_one
}
building
{
type port port
}
building
{
type market market_two
}
building
{
type academic academy
}
building
{
type amphitheatres game_field
}
}

The only line of code that could be stopping it is the requirement "and not building_present_min_level hinterland_uniques3 threenine". That appears to be a large number of local unique "feature" buildings, and the only one that seems to apply to Ephesus is "{threenine_cul_1} Diagramma Hellenon Autonomias (Hellenic Autonomy)", that is also present in Helikarnassos, where I managed to build a Local Colony.

Finally... can someone tell me what is the name of the file for events/scripts?