Page 8 of 29 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 ... LastLast

Thread: Pictures of food

Ukiah's Avatar Decanus

Default Re: Pictures of food

Quote Originally Posted by Diamat View Post
    With regard to choice, plenty of Koreans voluntarily joined the Japanese army. Force drafting of Koreans only started in the total war phase.
    No Korean took part in Pearl Harbor. It's the CCP and the Communists who want the Americans to think of their allies as enemies.

Quote Originally Posted by Akar View Post
    We never should have let those sons of go for what they did to pearl harbor.
    And for that I shall never forgive them.
    Assuming that you're an American (but I think you're just a troll, or have a different agenda), how would you feel if a Korean wouldn't forgive you for selling Korea to Japan? Although I'm not a Korean citizen, I read a lot of the history and I can read Korean. The fact is, the US and Japan were friends when Japan occupied Korea. The US' wrong decisions played a part in Korea becoming Japanese territory, and later Korea becoming divided.
    Last edited by Ukiah; November 07, 2020 at 12:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by AqD View Post
    perfected my humble breakfast with Shaoxing wine (sauce, not the lemon):
    Wait a minute, buster! Where did you get Finnish kimchi from? I didn't even know that there was Finnish kimchi.

AqD's Avatar 。◕‿◕。

K-supermarket

It's very mild version of Korean kimchi but not disgusting or weird.

K-supermarket
    Oh, a clandestine Finn amidst our ranks. Fair enough.

I must commend you for your cooking and choice of tableware. All of the stuff you make seems unusual and authentic and I really like those wavy plate designs. Nice to know that someone from around here has good taste in both gaming and cuisine.

Quote Originally Posted by Septentrionalis View Post
    Now I remember that we established this before. Forgive me; I meet a gazillion of people in real life and online, and remembering who may or may not be Finnish is by no means a given for an absent-minded individual such as myself. Please keep posting your delicious-looking pictures of food.

AqD's Avatar 。◕‿◕。

I must commend you for your cooking and choice of tableware. All of the stuff you make seems unusual and authentic and I really like those wavy plate designs. Nice to know that someone from around here has good taste in both gaming and cuisine.
    I rarely use them actually, because they're too small for one person (need American size), can't work in microwave and difficult to wash because of the shape. I wouldn't recommend anyone else to buy the set except as home decoration.

Most of time it's like this:
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Baked fat pork, spicy miso sauce with random frozen veggies, fries and the super tasty crab salad I found a while ago after walking a hour under subzero temp

Oh boy, that is some advanced mixing stuff up right there. A spicy-looking Asian dish with white wine. A spicy-looking Asian dish and white wine with French fries. And a spicy-looking Asian dish, white wine, and French fries with some kind of nordic crab thing meets garlic and chili aioli.

Makes me want to have some herring with ice cream and apple with mustard washed down with a can of root beer.

AqD's Avatar 。◕‿◕。

Icon12 Re: Pictures of food

That's not lemon liquor. Nothing under 20% in my house! The combination of taste was indeed odd, but not as awful as ice cream on duck liver I had in some fake Italian place

Talking about advanced mixing, do you know you can make tasty Japanese curry by just lots of cumin, butter and honey? And wasabi alone makes refreshing sauce for steak (provided you don't squeeze much or it'd make you cry)
    Last edited by AqD; December 16, 2020 at 12:06 PM.

Akar's Avatar Faustian Bargain Maker
    Patrician Citizen

a 7/11 parking lot with Patron and LaCroix
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ukiah View Post
    No Korean took part in Pearl Harbor. It's the CCP and the Communists who want the Americans to think of their allies as enemies.

Assuming that you're an American (but I think you're just a troll, or have a different agenda), how would you feel if a Korean wouldn't forgive you for selling Korea to Japan? Although I'm not a Korean citizen, I read a lot of the history and I can read Korean. The fact is, the US and Japan were friends when Japan occupied Korea. The US' wrong decisions played a part in Korea becoming Japanese territory, and later Korea becoming divided.
    I am both American and a troll!

Check out the TWC D&D game!
    Message me on Discord (.akar.) for an invite to the Thema Devia Discord
    Daughter, Heir, and Wartime Consigliere of King Athelstan

mishkin's Avatar Dux Limitis
    Blog Entries

I misread "pictures of god". Very disappointed right now

Quote Originally Posted by mishkin View Post
    I misread "pictures of god". Very disappointed right now
    Shh. When you say [whisper]god[/whisper] on this forum, he is sure to appear. And we don't want to arouse him.

Blog Entries

I would be surprised if no user was called God. I would be disapointed (again).

on topic (to avoid moderation) I am old, man and vegetarian, pics of my food would be very sad.

Quote Originally Posted by mishkin View Post
    I am old, man and vegetarian, pics of my food would be very sad.
    I hear you and share your attributes. But do you live in an area where vegetarians are a marginal minority? Here the availability of good, protein-rich vegetarian alternatives have become a norm in both stores and restaurants of all styles. In addition to having dedicated stores and restaurants. Things have changed a lot for the better in the past 30 years or so.
    Last edited by Septentrionalis; December 16, 2020 at 02:32 PM. Reason: Poor choice of words

Patrician Citizen

Blog Entries

Vegetarians should live in a separate place away from all the rest of us. Somewhere that they can graze together safely in peace.

Blog Entries

Vegetarians should live in a separate place away from all the rest of us. Somewhere that they can graze together safely in peace.
    yes please

I hear you and share your attributes. But do you live in an area where vegetarians are a marginal minority? Here the availability of good, protein-rich vegetarian alternatives have become a norm in both stores and restaurants of all styles. In addition to having dedicated stores and restaurants. Things have changed a lot for the better in the past 30 years or so.
    Here (moderately civilized northwestern spain) if you go to a traditional restaurant, the only vegetarian dish you can order is a salad. I live in the center of a relatively large city and, as far as I know, there are only a couple of cool/hipsteric vegetarian / vegan establishments where the prices are quite extortionate and another one of Latin American food with cheaper prices (and everything tastes great, btw, god bless inmigration).
    In the supermarket you can find a few vegan products (seaweed, tofu, precooked dishes for the microwave), but I really prefer cooking pasta, spinach, chickpeas, more usual things.

ty I have reached German level

Next is some Japanese hamburger steak with homemade sweet sherry sauce:

Not sure why the surface isn't charred - 200c in oven for 20 minutes while all recipes say 15, but tastes good 襤襤襤襤

That's one of my better looking breakfasts

I forgot this, from a real Japanese restaurant: a bento of all fried things

aaahhhhh.. makes me drool!

Flinn's Avatar His Dudeness of TWC
    Patrician Citizen Consul Content Emeritus spy of the council

Blog Entries

Shh. When you say [whisper]god[/whisper] on this forum, he is sure to appear. And we don't want to arouse him.
    I'm aroused
    Under the patronage of Finlander, patron of Lugotorix & Lifthrasir & joerock22 & Socrates1984 & Kilo11 & Vladyvid & Dick Cheney & phazer & Jake Armitage & webba 84 of the Imperial House of Hader

AqD's Avatar 。◕‿◕。

pre-breakfast, guess it's the only true vegan thing I make:

@Bo1Bo1Sha3 I bet you still don't have that in HK

kidding I'm just jealous what you have, Chinese food here is ... hmmm... unimaginable
    Last edited by AqD; December 20, 2020 at 03:24 AM.

Unless that is dairy-free cream, I advise you to just give up on the vegan thing. It is not going to work

Patrician Citizen

Blog Entries

wtf is a pre-breakfast?