Page 27 of 29 FirstFirst ... 217181920212223242526272829 LastLast

Thread: Pictures of food

Akar's Avatar Faustian Bargain Maker
    Patrician Citizen

a 7/11 parking lot with Patron and LaCroix
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Pictures of food

How did you like the bison sirloin? I had bison burgers awhile ago and they were pretty good - though I think I prefer beef.

Check out the TWC D&D game!
    Message me on Discord (.akar.) for an invite to the Thema Devia Discord
    Daughter, Heir, and Wartime Consigliere of King Athelstan

Flinn's Avatar His Dudeness of TWC
    Patrician Citizen Consul Content Emeritus spy of the council

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ♔Greek Strategos♔ View Post
    Anyways..Judging by your delicious pics, I guess you're a vegan, right?
    Let's hope Flinn won't see them
    I was really going to ask Akar if he actually likes meat, it was not clear, really

As we are here, let me tell you about the "Bistecca Fiorentina", which some of you probably know already. Like anything else which is "typically" Italian, it ends up having a hundreds of variations and interpretations, but if we have to stick to what the Tuscany tradition says, to be qualified as a Fiorentina, it needs to be:

- between 1 and 1,5 kg, thickness 5-6 cm
    - made exclusively from Chianina breed
    - vitellone (veal) or scottona: the former is the male animal, 18-22 months, not castrated yet; the latter is the female animal, 15 to 22 months, still virgin
    - cut from what we call the lombata part of the animal, which is the top of the back. It is pretty much what internationally is known as the T-bone.
    - aged for atl 2 weeks
    - when put on fire, it has to be at room temperature

Spoiler for Typical Fiorentina, raw

Now even though most of people agrees on the above, of course as soon as you turn around, they start to do whatever the heck they want, bloody Italians.

As for me, I very much agree with the "rules" above, but I can ofc adapt, although there are few things I can't really stand

- excessively aged meat... I just can't stand those who want to see blackened meat, like 60 days or more. If I want to eat rotten meat, I go to a Goth festival.
    - too much or too little meat... some people want to see a huge 2kg and over steak, no way dude, I don't have to rip apart my belly just to show that I'm a big alpha male from the caves. Also, the meat never cooks evenly when the steak is too big. On the other side I see people asking for a 500 g Fiorentina.. I don't need to tell you what they usually get as a response
    - cook the damned meat! I like it medium or medium to well done, I can stand a medium to rare or a rare if it is not too thick, but really some people wants to see the blood spilling from it. It is just a thing for show though, still that thing about "I'm the alpha caveman here!", and then they throw away the most of it because one can't simply chew raw meat in Mordor.
    - people who drinks anything else than red wine with a Fiorentina should be beheaded and sentenced to a damnatio memoriae
    - it has to be a steak, a STEAK. Stop roasting fillet and pretending it to be a steak.
    - hot charcoal or a grill, nothing else (may God curse those who dare use a pan to make a steak, whatever kind of it)

That being said, the best way of enjoying a Fiorentina is to have it rare, but served on a "pietra ollare" (hot soapstone). One side of it should be very hot, the other quite colder... the meat is seat to rest on the "colder part", possibly on the bone (standing) and you cut yourself a new slice each time and bring it to your favorite cooking degree on the hot side of the stone. Best way really, you not only have the meat as you prefer it (and you can also have different degrees depending on the variations of the meat on the same steak, like more or less fat, closer to the bone, etc), but you eat it always warm.

Spoiler for for the posterity
    Last edited by Flinn; April 20, 2022 at 06:10 AM.
    Under the patronage of Finlander, patron of Lugotorix & Lifthrasir & joerock22 & Socrates1984 & Kilo11 & Vladyvid & Dick Cheney & phazer & Jake Armitage & webba 84 of the Imperial House of Hader

♔Greek Strategos♔'s Avatar THE BEARDED MACE
    took an arrow to the knee

Quote Originally Posted by ♔Old Dragoon♔ View Post
    Glad you can see them, my good man! How cute...a savory ridiculous pancake sandwich! I hope you didn't fix all those in one day!
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Bison Sirloin Cuts

Ready your breakfast and eat hearty, for tonight, we dine in hell!

Finger lickin' good mate

Quote Originally Posted by Akar View Post
    How did you like the bison sirloin? I had bison burgers awhile ago and they were pretty good - though I think I prefer beef.
    I had lots of bison burgers back in the day. Tbh, I also prefer beef burgers and I like to eat bison cuts as simple as it gets.

Quote Originally Posted by Flinn View Post
    I was really going to ask Akar if he actually likes meat, it was not clear, really

As we are here, let me tell you about the "Bistecca Fiorentina", which some of you probably know already. Like anything else which is "typically" Italian, it ends up having a hundreds of variations and interpretations, but if we have to stick to what the Tuscany tradition says, to be qualified as a Fiorentina, it needs to be:

- between 1 and 1,5 kg, thickness 5-6 cm
    - made exclusively from Chianina breed
    - vitellone (veal) or scottona: the former is the male animal, 18-22 months, not castrated yet; the latter is the female animal, 15 to 22 months, still virgin
    - cut from what we call the lombata part of the animal, which is the top of the back. It is pretty much what internationally is known as the T-bone.
    - aged for atl 2 weeks
    - when put on fire, it has to be at room temperature

Spoiler for Typical Fiorentina, raw

Now even though most of people agrees on the above, of course as soon as you turn around, they start to do whatever the heck they want, bloody Italians.

As for me, I very much agree with the "rules" above, but I can ofc adapt, although there are few things I can't really stand

- excessively aged meat... I just can't stand those who want to see blackened meat, like 60 days or more. If I want to eat rotten meat, I go to a Goth festival.
    - too much or too little meat... some people want to see a huge 2kg and over steak, no way dude, I don't have to rip apart my belly just to show that I'm a big alpha male from the caves. Also, the meat never cooks evenly when the steak is too big. On the other side I see people asking for a 500 g Fiorentina.. I don't need to tell you what they usually get as a response
    - cook the damned meat! I like it medium or medium to well done, I can stand a medium to rare or a rare if it is not too thick, but really some people wants to see the blood spilling from it. It is just a thing for show though, still that thing about "I'm the alpha caveman here!", and then they throw away the most of it because one can't simply chew raw meat in Mordor.
    - people who drinks anything else than red wine with a Fiorentina should be beheaded and sentenced to a damnatio memoriae
    - it has to be a steak, a STEAK. Stop roasting fillet and pretending it to be a steak.
    - hot charcoal or a grill, nothing else (may God curse those who dare use a pan to make a steak, whatever kind of it)

That being said, the best way of enjoying a Fiorentina is to have it rare, but served on a "pietra ollare" (hot soapstone). One side of it should be very hot, the other quite colder... the meat is seat to rest on the "colder part", possibly on the bone (standing) and you cut yourself a new slice each time and bring it to your favorite cooking degree on the hot side of the stone. Best way really, you not only have the meat as you prefer it (and you can also have different degrees depending on the variations of the meat on the same steak, like more or less fat, closer to the bone, etc), but you eat it always warm.

Spoiler for for the posterity
    Now that's what I call MEAT.
    You're a real connoisseur dude

Narf's Avatar Reach for the Stars.
    Content Staff Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by Morticia Iunia Bruti View Post
    Like Asparagus:

Although cold as "Schinkenröllchen" with remoulade also tasty:

YOu made me hungry for Asparagus- God that looks good.
    @Morticia Iunia Bruti
    I love asparagus

Also, today's cheat meal.
    Attachment 366897
    She knows that as long as she brings orange pies, she's welcome in my house

Yum yum yum!
    Narf has brought this thread to another level

So when will we set up the cooking contest? As a clear superior being with specific powers in this sphere of influence, I'll be the supreme Judge of it (and for once it will be go to be in court but on the right side of the bar )

@ Narf…Nicely done! Protein rabbits look glorious! What is the glaze on the first one if you don’t mind me asking?
    Buy Oranges, have sugar, add starch, I also used the marmalade with pancakes I made for a movie night with folks on discord.

Homemade orange juice and starch and sugar and such.

Checking the pictures from my PC, I was getting the huge full kinda distorted resolution (maybe an issue with Firefox) so I couldn't see them.
    Using my phone, I can clearly see the glorious bunnies

I really like the decoration
    Pick flowers + Add Water.

Quote Originally Posted by Morticia Iunia Bruti View Post
    I love the asparagus.
    Me too! This was inspired by you guys making me hungry on here. God Asparagus is soo good. I didn't have bacon this time around tho. BUT I did some weeks back have pig!!

This is the pig I made: I made this to bully pig some weeks back:
    Last edited by Narf; April 20, 2022 at 09:17 AM.

Content Staff Citizen

Dunno if this belong here, I got the most amazing tea, its liquorish, ginger, and elderflower, god its so good.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Narf View Post
    Me too! This was inspired by you guys making me hungry on here. God Asparagus is soo good. I didn't have bacon this time around tho. BUT I did some weeks back have pig!!
    Looks delicious, I suppose the asparagus are boiled and the shrimps are those precooked and then kept in brine? or were they frozen?

I have a sort of addiction for asparagi honestly, here in the center of Italy it is possible to find plenty of the wild ones during the right period. They are much smaller and thinner than the cultivated ones, but much tastier (IMO) and since they are smaller you can avoid to overcook them, so that they have a better texture under your teeth (IMO, again ).

The simpler the dish, the better it will be. Frittata con gli Asparagi (someone would call it omelette, but to me their are not really the same) is a traditional dish we all love

My favorite reiteration is Pasta with Guanciale and Asparagi, though (guanciale is the pork cheek, seasoned and matured for many months)

You can really make tons of variation with them, ie you can have a Carbonara with added asparagi, or a soup, or anything roasted really.

That smaller, wild breed, is fantastic as a seasoning, so to say. If any of you had the chance to try them, do so.
    Under the patronage of Finlander, patron of Lugotorix & Lifthrasir & joerock22 & Socrates1984 & Kilo11 & Vladyvid & Dick Cheney & phazer & Jake Armitage & webba 84 of the Imperial House of Hader

Content Staff Citizen

Looks delicious, I suppose the asparagus are boiled and the shrimps are those precooked and then kept in brine? or were they frozen?

I have a sort of addiction for asparagi honestly, here in the center of Italy it is possible to find plenty of the wild ones during the right period. They are much smaller and thinner than the cultivated ones, but much tastier (IMO) and since they are smaller you can avoid to overcook them, so that they have a better texture under your teeth (IMO, again ).

The simpler the dish, the better it will be. Frittata con gli Asparagi (someone would call it omelette, but to me their are not really the same) is a traditional dish we all love

My favorite reiteration is Pasta with Guanciale and Asparagi, though (guanciale is the pork cheek, seasoned and matured for many months)

You can really make tons of variation with them, ie you can have a Carbonara with added asparagi, or a soup, or anything roasted really.

That smaller, wild breed, is fantastic as a seasoning, so to say. If any of you had the chance to try them, do so.
    You see through my tricks very well ^^
    All what you posted looks great! I want it all!!

♔Old Dragoon♔'s Avatar I'm Your Huckleberry
    Content Emeritus

I loved it mate! A good bison sirloin is food of the gods!

@GS~ Sacred BBQ! However, you sir are atoned for like 5 and 1/2 years with all your 🍖 🍗

Morticia Iunia Bruti's Avatar Praeses

@Narf: This asparagi with shrimps looks delicious.

@Flinn: I didn't knew the wild ones were growing in Italy the Fritata and the Asperagi Pasta looks gorgeous too.
    Cause tomorrow is a brand-new day
    And tomorrow you'll be on your way
    Don't give a damn about what other people say
    Because tomorrow is a brand-new day

Blog Entries

My area is actually quite famous for wild asparagi

Akar's Avatar Faustian Bargain Maker
    Patrician Citizen

a 7/11 parking lot with Patron and LaCroix
    Blog Entries

Asparagettes*

Check out the TWC D&D game!
    Message me on Discord (.akar.) for an invite to the Thema Devia Discord
    Daughter, Heir, and Wartime Consigliere of King Athelstan

My area is actually quite famous for wild asparagi
    Wild Flinns too

@GS~ Sacred BBQ! However, you sir are atoned for like 5 and 1/2 years with all your  
    I post too much food on Fb, I know

@Narf
    Wow, everything looks great! It's nice to see you're spending quality time in the kitchen and enjoying your food so much

AqD's Avatar 。◕‿◕。

Is it fatty?

I will not have slim steak ever again, huge waste of money. Even cheap ribs would taste much better.

I never had a slim steak in my whole life.
    Even vegan burgers taste better

Content Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by AqD View Post
    Is it fatty?

I will not have slim steak ever again, huge waste of money. Even cheap ribs would taste much better.

@AqD
    No, it isn't fatty mate. Bison is probably the leanest beef you are able get, but you will pay significantly more than regular beef.

Slim steak is like trying to consume a slim shake. Don't ever do it...ever!

By the way GS, I love your FB food posts, and don't ever forget it!

Here's my first meat pie for this spring!

The pie looks amazing my dude. Probably baked to perfection

Here's something simple for today's brunch!

AqD's Avatar 。◕‿◕。

That's Turkish coffee right?

Quote Originally Posted by AqD View Post
    That's Turkish coffee right?

Yes it is and it's my favorite coffee for every season! My late grandfather (born in Constantinople) passed this customary pleasure to me
    We traditionally call it ''Greek coffee'' though, because of reasons

Content Emeritus

Yes it is and it's my favorite coffee for every season! My late grandfather (born in Constantinople) passed this customary pleasure to me
    We traditionally call it ''Greek coffee'' though, because of reasons
    I will forever refer to it as Greek coffee as well!

Blog Entries

That IS Greek coffee. "Turkey" it's just a plot of those pesky Achaemenids to distract Greeks from the rightful conquest of the world.