Thread: Heresy and blasphemy!

Roma_Victrix's Avatar Call me Ishmael

Default Heresy and blasphemy!

I have committed a great blasphemy in an act of heresy: I have added hand gunners to MOS as Gondor.

I have to tell you, though, that it is extremely satisfying to be able to shoot Mordor in the face, especially when they have Olog-Hai. The latter can be taken down by javelin-wielding marines of Pelargir and the axe throwers of Lossarnach, but those two units are rare and limited in their recruitment. I have made it so that virtually any large city and fortress can be able to recruit hand gunners, plus the custom huge cities and citadels of course.

Mind you, I see no need to add cannons of any kind, whether they be bombards, mortars, culverins or serpentines. The catapult and trebuchet artillery in the game are already overpowered enough. Walls are thus basically meaningless in TATW if they can all just be torn down that easily anyway, especially since the catapults have incredible range and usually great precision. That's especially the case when the AI commands it and not so much when it's your artillery acting like goobers needing to be court-martialed for being worthless drunks. On second thought, maybe I should add the cannons.

leo.civil.uefs's Avatar É nóis que vôa bruxão!

Default Re: Heresy and blasphemy!

Only people who faced the Olog Hai in the battlefield know that feeling like "I wish I had a gun to kill those bastards."

+rep

The fall of Minas Morgul cannot happen if the ring is not destroyed... or great engines of war are moved to the front and fired upon the enemy, such as Mehmed II did when he and his forces took the legendary city of Contantinople... such is destiny! For Gondor! March forward and raze the walls of Morgul to the ground! For Gondor!
    DCI: Last Alliance: Unit maker. Proud member of The Imperial House of Hader

Roma_Victrix's Avatar Call me Ishmael

Quote Originally Posted by leo.civil.uefs View Post
    Only people who faced the Olog Hai in the battlefield know that feeling like "I wish I had a gun to kill those bastards."

+rep
    They really had it coming this time. This time, it's personal. It's payback time. Time for them to meet their maker. The time's ticking!

Quote Originally Posted by Earl of Memory View Post
    The fall of Minas Morgul cannot happen if the ring is not destroyed... or great engines of war are moved to the front and fired upon the enemy, such as Mehmed II did when he and his forces took the legendary city of Contantinople... such is destiny! For Gondor! March forward and raze the walls of Morgul to the ground! For Gondor!
    Hell yeah! You might have convinced me. I need some cannons in the game now! Too bad artillery doesn't work at all on Minas Morgul, since only the gate can be targeted and a simple ram is good enough since you don't ever have to worry about boiling oil in the game at least.