Thread: Population System Bugged, Help Editing Save Game?

Default Population System Bugged, Help Editing Save Game?

So I was playing Massalia and the turn after I began a war with Arverni, like turn 70-80, 50,000 of my population, 1/3 2nd class and the rest 3rd class, in Massalia disapeared. Like they were straight up abducted by aliens or ascended in the rapture or some s*%$. So I have a disproportionate amount of 1st class, some 6-8k, and a lingering population of the other 3. Now I'm not taking huge army losses or anything, that's not the issue, but my next closest Greek stronghold is Syracuse and I need to field another army to follow up on the Icenii horde in northern Gaul. I'm also not currently fielding any elite units that need 1st class pops. It's also my most economically important region and I have a -50% malus on my region income now.

Is there anyway to edit the pop system on a savegame? Otherwise I'm going to be relying solely on mercs with a broken income, which isn't great considering Iberia is also starting to destabilize and my relations are becoming questionable near my borders. Any help is appreciated.

Jake Armitage's Avatar Primicerius

Default Re: Population System Bugged, Help Editing Save Game?

do you have a save game previous to that loss?
    i would like to check what has happened

If you want one sure. But Iím one of the loathsome people that tried to use a graphics mods and probably messed up the scripts

Just curious, do you have Walrus' Navy Upkeep Fix installed by any chance? That was the mod that I had installed which I think caused population numbers to disappear, as I haven't had it recur since disabling it.

Nope I was not. Ya it was my first playthrough on DEI so I started with a graphics mod without reading that I shouldn't do that. Didn't think the scripts from those would conflict but guess I was wrong. I at least recovered and my pop in my capital is actually balanced better because of it.

Most graphics mods should be fine. There may be some that have tables/scripts that are not.

----> Website -- Patreon -- Steam -- Forums -- Youtube -- Facebook <----